Dressing Better Vol 2.0

would a suede blazer be too much for new years?

and heads up for anyone poor like me. picked up these boots from jcpenny 30 bucks. they looked ok when i wore them last night and they are comfortable so i thought id share.

Last edited:
thanks for the feedback fellas almost stepped into a trap there... just curious cause i saw it on that stayclassicblog

I just bought a RL Polo cardigan on the site for $40 shipped. Gotta love these holiday sales!

would a suede blazer be too much for new years?
and heads up for anyone poor like me. picked up these boots from jcpenny 30 bucks. they looked ok when i wore them last night and they are comfortable so i thought id share.
Nice! I bought similar boots in brown from target for the same price. I've gotten more compliments wearing my cheap target boots than I do wearing my redwings rangers 
laugh.gif
. Its funny to see their reactions, when I tell them where I got them and the price of the boots.

Last edited:
Here are some pictures from my company party a few weeks ago. I bought the suit from the Versace x H&M collection last year and I'm glad I was finally able to put it to use. First time wearing a black suit and I thought it looked pretty good for the occasion..

Here's what I have in mind for NYE. Thick As Thieves suit in grey mohair, J.Crew navy gingham shirt, and knit tie/tie bar/pocket square all from The Tie Bar. What do you guys think?

just found out that the original plan has been changed for NYE and the new bar is more of a casual place so a suit would be a little much. however i think i will fall back onto my staple jacket/jeans combo. so what do you guys think of this:

i would pair it with a pair of unfaded dark denim and tan bass brocktons

Last edited:
Looks good, but not sure I like that shirt and tie combo, maybe the lighting but the colors don't mesh imo

Anyone ever order anything from Mango? Just wondering how the quality is: http://shop.mango.com/US/hebymango
I never have anything from this brand. But I've seen it worn a lot in foreign fashion magazines. I always thought it was a fast fashion brand like Zara. I'll try to do some homework on it tonight and report what I find.

Also, went on my first thrifting adventure. Spent an hour looking at the brands and it was a fun experience. Found nothing except shirts from Vince, YSL, and The Hundreds...thought that was kind of funny.

Last edited:
yeah, i know what you mean. i think the shades of purple are off. maybe a solid purple? or no tie at all?
eyes.gif
+1 for no tie or just a plain color tie, not feeling all the stripes on the shirt and tie both. I think one or the other would look best but i like the color combo!

Last edited:
Ps guys: I hear the Harris Tweed coats at Walmart is suppose to be great deals since the coats were not made for Walmart originally. They are rather overstocked items. I'm going to the two nearest ones with hope of finding them. Will report if I find any.

I didn't bother to touch or try them on. Like I said I hate that place and went just to pick up one thing and didn't want to spend any longer in there than absolutely necessary

Back
Top Bottom