Dressing Better Vol 2.0

CAN ANYONE CHECK THEIR LOCAL TARGET FOR ME?

IM LOOKING FOR THE ODIN X TARGET HOODED PARKA IN A LARGE.

I THINK ITS LIKE $25. THANKS GUYS

EDIT:

NVRMND NOT SOLD IN STORES. BOUT TO JUST COP DA XL

Last edited:
Sure.
http://www.thetiebar.com/tie-bar-pr...uares.asp&pg=0&categoryIds=28&optionValueIds=
http://www.thetiebar.com/tie-bar-pr...uares.asp&pg=0&categoryIds=28&optionValueIds=
Paisley is not that hard to incorporate, you had a good idea from the jump. Some of their other pocket square prints look weird to me :lol:
This is good too and would work:
Pictures of paisley being worn:

A vivid imperfect red one:

Appreciate the help wj4

I hate to keep on asking for advice, but I was wondering if you could pick out a few more options. Possibly some complementary colors rather than different shades of purple. I guess that I don't want the tie and pocket square being (mostly) the same color. I like where you're going with the white/black pocket square.

Would any of these work? I know the white/black piping would work well, but the other 3 are a little more bold. I was thinking the floral 1 may not work as well, since it's dark and my suit is dark.

Last edited:
If you specifically like the Cole Haan Howland, why don't you google them? There are a ton of sites that have them.
Also, if it's that style of driving shoe you're looking for, I can send you a bunch of links.
The reason is because its 40% off on Nordstrom. I usually only buy from Nordstrom or Zappos b/c of their free shipping/return.

Nvm just saw that its also on sale at zappos, not as good but i'll probably get it to try them on.

Wondering if anyone has experience with the North Face triclimate vortex?

Does it hold up well in 0-30 degree weather, snowy/rainy/windy conditions? I will be doing a lot of walking

I cant wear my peacoat when the weather gets too ugly, so i was looking for an alternative...pretty set on the north face products since I had a really nice down jacket from them, but it got stolen SMH!

This is the Triclimate vortex

Stopped by h&m last night. Whatever is left of the mmm collab is on heavy discount. They had lots of the painted boots and loafers for $50 and $30. I couldn't pass these up for the price. $30 cashmere sweaters ftw even if they don't last too long.

Appreciate the help wj4
I hate to keep on asking for advice, but I was wondering if you could pick out a few more options. Possibly some complementary colors rather than different shades of purple. I guess that I don't want the tie and pocket square being (mostly) the same color. I like where you're going with the white/black pocket square.
Would any of these work? I know the white/black piping would work well, but the other 3 are a little more bold. I was thinking the floral 1 may not work as well, since it's dark and my suit is dark.

I actually don't like the first one much because the piping kills it for me, especially being in a color as contrasting to white as black. I would prefer all white. The second and third will work as well. The fourth looks really cheap, this is why I didn't recommend it in the first place. And as you stated, it wouldn't contrast your suit as well either so double no no.

Stopped by h&m last night. Whatever is left of the mmm collab is on heavy discount. They had lots of the painted boots and loafers for $50 and $30. I couldn't pass these up for the price. $30 cashmere sweaters ftw even if they don't last too long.
Yep. They started hitting the 90% discount after Xmas or New Year, I forget. I'm tempted to get painted boots myself as beaters, but I gotta stay strong to my no cop commitment :lol: I think the only style that sold really well were the sneakers, which look completely like pleather.

How do yall feel about this? I'm looking for a casual shoe/boot to wear that works with outfits that dont look good with sneakers.. Trying to stay away from the traditional beeswax DB, but if I find no alternative I might just stick to it.

With these, I'm really liking the camo print and the uniqueness of the shoe..

Beeswax Mali Boot (pretty much the high version to the traditional Beeswax DB)

How do yall feel about this? I'm looking for a casual shoe/boot to wear that works with outfits that dont look good with sneakers.. Trying to stay away from the traditional beeswax DB, but if I find no alternative I might just stick to it.

With these, I'm really liking the camo print and the uniqueness of the shoe..

Beeswax Mali Boot (pretty much the high version to the traditional Beeswax DB)

Any interest in the Clark's Desert Guard?

I was looking into copping some of the desert treks for spring/summer, when DBs wouldnt look good with shorts. Hopefully, theyll still be around til then

Wondering if anyone has experience with the North Face triclimate vortex?

Does it hold up well in 0-30 degree weather, snowy/rainy/windy conditions? I will be doing a lot of walking

I cant wear my peacoat when the weather gets too ugly, so i was looking for an alternative...pretty set on the north face products since I had a really nice down jacket from them, but it got stolen SMH!

This is the Triclimate vortex

I have one, fits true to size, keeps me warm in 10 degree weather when it's snowing.. And it is waterproof. OH and it also keeps the wind off of you. I highly recommend it. :smile:

P.s. get the black/white one. Very versatile for layering

Last edited:
FYI, My target is all out of the Rag & Bone Cardigan's unfortunately but has a couple of the Thom Browne blazer in all sizes, if anyone is interested. To whoever gave the advice of the $6.98 maroon chino's good looks just picked up a pair!

^Sent you a PM.

I went to my local target as well to check up on the blazers hoping to see it'd be discounted some more but with the few sizes left, i took the bite. Depending on your area, i suggest those who are still interested should as well.

My Target also has a good size run of both the Blazer and Cardigan if anyone still wants them.

Last edited:
My Target also has a good size run of both the Blazer and Cardigan if anyone still wants them.
I Wanted to try it on, so may just order online.

^Sent you a PM.
I went to my local target as well to check up on the blazers hoping to see it'd be discounted some more but with the few sizes left, i took the bite. Depending on your area, i suggest those who are still interested should as well.

I just replied.

expect the picture overload bros....

alright so after thrifting with my boy all weekend i ran into so many things. lol Allen Edmonds everyday i went out (some dope, some not so dope).
here are pics of some things i copped and passed on.

copped $5:

copped (but too tight on arms, plan is to sell) $2.50:

random other tie pictured here copped for $2.50:

______

passed:

passed:
(Allen Edmonds Wakefield)

passed:
(Allen Edmonds Bergland)

passed:

Also passed on Macneils guys!

FINALLY, the best find! my boy is just getting into dressing better but doesn't have the funds to buy dope stuff so when i saw these, i let him get it rather than buying to flip. he was very grateful after learning all about the brand from me..

$3 later..

hit em with a polish:

original owner took very good care and even had resoled them already:

oh and my boy also copped i belt that i polished up for him :D

he also copped a tan burberry blazer for $15!
:smokin

oh and Wis, i pulled the trigger :D

Last edited:
also i passed on a bunch of stuff not pictured. here's a quick list:

YSL Trenchcoat. Christian Dior Trench. Burberry Camel Hair Sportcoat. Unbelievable amount of Ralph Lauren Trenches/Shirts. JCrew shirts. Brooks Brothers Shirts. Johnston and Murphy Captoes. Bass Weejuns. and so much more

Back
Top Bottom