Dressing Better Vol 2.0

does a female lurker count? i visit now and again( to get tips for my hubby).. would be cool to have pics of clothing you consider dressing better for women

:wink:

Love this sweater. Girlfriend saw it on Pintrest (or something like that) and sent it to me :lol:

As a matter of fact...most of these are from her

One great example is Emma Stone, she has a GREAT sense of style. I'd recommend checking her out :smile:

Last edited:
Speaking of LunarGrands.....Fragment Design x Cole Haan Spring/Summer '13
been lurking in this thread. Had just posted on twitter the other day when we could expect to see all leather lunarguards as last years frag design was pretty tough to obtain to my understanding. But these I must get my hands on esp with a cole haan store close by, will wear these everyday for work..GM corporate life
grin.gif

does a female lurker count? i visit now and again( to get tips for my hubby).. would be cool to have pics of clothing you consider dressing better for women
Absolutely!!!

Welcome aboard. Please post pics and I will be mindful to do the same for the ladies

i got a job today wearing this so i figured i'd post

my face looks stupid it was windy dont care so much 

Not dressed at all would be considered better IMO. Sorry no pics cuz I'm a guy but if you want to post yourself using my tip go ahead :D

Lol andthis is why women don't stick ariund NT for long

For real. It didn't take long for that to happen... :smh:

Absolutely!!!

Welcome aboard. Please post pics and I will be mindful to do the same for the ladies

Seriously.

GatorBeltsNPattieMelts is a female. She's been discussing the use of the term "dressing better" the last few pages. She's also a staple in TAY :pimp: :pimp:

I've already posted a few that I like. My girl and I enjoy these blogs

Song of Style

The Golden Diamonds

Also look through here, it's a lot of trash mixed in with a lot of stuff I like
http://www.styleforum.net/t/127534/how-would-you-like-a-girl-to-dress

Yah that SF thread takes a lot to sift through. Some great things there though.

I really like http://www.karlascloset.com/ and her style, anymore blogs like hers? Nothing like those wannabe hipsters or wannabe bloggers.

I really like http://www.karlascloset.com/ and her style, anymore blogs like hers? Nothing like those wannabe hipsters or wannabe bloggers.

A lot of these female bloggers all dress the same.

There's this chick who is actually an actress from ABC's Revenge.
Ring my Bell

Then this girl that I find extremely attractive, but dresses the same as every other girl with a blog
Hapa Time

And this is the first blog I ever remember finding back in high school
Sea of Shoes

I was just kidding guys :lol:

and girls :evil:

My gf has a degree in fashion but unfortunately she doesn't understand men's wear too well. I thought she'd be way better at picking ties and coordinating fabrics/patterns than she is. Her specialty is lingerie :pimp:

A lot of designers don't understand menswear, and I don't understand it. It's not all that difficult as they make it seem

Last edited:
I suggest subscribing to Mr Porters Youtube channel, I really like the videos they post. From food to style.

How can you not be successful with a lastname like Moneypenny

A lot of these female bloggers all dress the same.

There's this chick who is actually an actress from ABC's Revenge.
Ring my Bell

Then this girl that I find extremely attractive, but dresses the same as every other girl with a blog
Hapa Time

And this is the first blog I ever remember finding back in high school
Sea of Shoes

I was just kidding guys :lol:

and girls :evil:

My gf has a degree in fashion but unfortunately she doesn't understand men's wear too well. I thought she'd be way better at picking ties and coordinating fabrics/patterns than she is. Her specialty is lingerie :pimp:

A lot of designers don't understand menswear, and I don't understand it. It's not all that difficult as they make it seem

The second blog you posted looks and feels more trendy while Karla from KarlasCloset still looks like an individual style, she changes it up and pull sit off. I see a big difference in the two to be quite honest. The first blog with the actress is nice, she also has her own style (though it's a bit more common) while the Hapa chick looks like she is trying too hard. Just my .02cents on that.

Plenty of designers out there definitely aren't good menswear, hell there are some menswear designers who still has no clue about menswear. :lol: Louboutin is actually somewhat clueless when it comes to designing menswear and that is why most of his mens sneakers are just the generic style with added spikes or some exotic leather or crazy print.

Last edited:
The second blog you posted looks and feels more trendy while Karla from KarlasCloset still looks like an individual style, she changes it up and pull sit off. I see a big difference in the two to be quite honest. The first blog with the actress is nice, she also has her own style (though it's a bit more common) while the Hapa chick looks like she is trying too hard. Just my .02cents on that.

Plenty of designers out there definitely aren't good menswear, hell there are some menswear designers who still has no clue about menswear. :lol: Louboutin is actually somewhat clueless when it comes to designing menswear and that is why most of his mens sneakers are just the generic style with added spikes or some exotic leather or crazy print.

Yeah I hear you, Karla is one of my favorites because of that reason.

And just from looking at the coverage from milan and paris fashion week you can clearly see that menswear is an after thought to a lot of these designers, especially the fashion brands

^ ^ ^
Yeah, I mean NTers have been complaining about trends and styles changing in menswear like skirts and skin tight jeans but womenswear changes much, much faster. I mean look at all the stores women have to shop at in the mall? Not just the expensive stores but the cheap ones too like Forever21 or Express. It is actually just recently that menswear got more fast fashion, affordable stores like H&M and ZARA and Uniqlo (and Uniqlo only has one store in the US and barely opened their US webstore). It usually takes longer for menswear style to translate from runway to the streets, especially in the US while womenswear is almost instant. You see it in the runway today and you'll see a bootleg version at Forever within a week or two.

I would actually like to see that though. I would like having menswear progress into something different that we haven't seen before and at a faster rate. I can't get behind skirts and these super tight pants but it's always nice seeing stuff different. I've said it before but I still think the whole Goth Ninja looks is really dope, but in a way more relatable to this thread look at the Lunargrands people in here have been going crazy over. I've never really seen any oxfords with bright colored soles like that before. At the end of the day fashion is really just art anyway, and I'd like to see more designers really sit down and focus on menswear instead of it just being something they do just because.

Opinions please: I want to get a watch just as a daily and liked the style of the Timex Weekender (esp since I could change out the straps) but it was just to small for my taste (38mm with 18mm straps) so I saw these and just wanted to know what NT thought.

1) Timex Weekender Sport 39mm x 18mm

2) Timex Elevated Classic 43mm x 20mm

3) Timex Sport 43mm x 20mm

4) Timex Men's T2N227 Analog 44mm x 18mm

any opinions or thoughts?

Thanks!

Yeah I hear you, Karla is one of my favorites because of that reason.

And just from looking at the coverage from milan and paris fashion week you can clearly see that menswear is an after thought to a lot of these designers, especially the fashion brands

Girl is BAD in a good way...she is very attractive and beautiful with an amazing sense of style.

This thread is open or anyone, but like you, a lot of females that browse NT just lurk. The thirst is real.

plz post pics.

>women on da internetz

Karla is my favorite blogger, the way she puts pieces together and her over all presentation is the perfect combination of sexy, hip and classy.

My wife loves her, she said I could cheat with her if I ever get te shot :lol:

I'm trying to buy slimmer fitting shirts (casual and dress) are brooks brothers extra slim fit the way to go? or J. Crew slim fit? I wear an xl (I'm 6'2-6'3 weight 218) I would try and size down on my shirts but then the sleeves aren't long enough :smh:

Last edited:
I'm trying to buy slimmer fitting shirts (casual and dress) are brooks brothers extra slim fit the way to go? or J. Crew slim fit? I wear an xl (I'm 6'2-6'3 weight 218) I would try and size down on my shirts but then the sleeves aren't long enough :smh:

You need to get your neck & sleeve measurements and go from there.

for me BB extra slim have been the best fit, especially for dress shirts.
I'm still looking for ones that I can wear untucked though. Probably will have to do MTM to get a perfect fit

BB ESF is still the best fitting and probably the best shirts for the price since they always have a buy ___ for ___ deal that usually stacks up with their sale codes like F&F so that is the time to stock up.

I honestly haven't found a JCrew shirt that fits me right OTR like the BB ESF does.

Back
Top Bottom