Dressing Better Vol 2.0

oh and btw...i'll just leave these right here...

As for DB...prom jr year

my date doe :evil:

then prom sr year

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!

Man I've been lurking the hell out of this thread.

I turn 28 in a few months and I don't know if it's just me getting older but sneaks just don't peak my interest anymore like they used to. I work for Nike so I can't usually justify buying "dresswear" because my uniform is to be athletic or athletic inspired.

My bigger problem is its almost impossible to buy off the rack. I'm 6'1, 210, 17 x 36/37, sz 14 & honestly don't know my pant size cause it's always odd looking. I know the tips on how shirts/jackets should fit but I'm very muscular so I assume I'll have to get everything tailored but it seems pricey to get every piece custom fit. Thrifting doesn't seem logical because of my build either.

I'm guessing I'll just have to go very slowly about building up my DB wardrobe with custom pieces. I just got some tan Cole Haan chukkas before I lost my discount so those will be my casual go to. I need to know if these Cole Haan's are a wise buy though

They're $130, retail 250. Good quality IMO but I don't want to cop if I would be better off just saving to get some AE for my first quality pair. Granted I'm used to crappy Kenneth Cole or whatever Ross/Marshall 's had in my size. I also think maybe they're not dark enough and I should get a deeper Brown to start off with. I'd like top start with a navy suit and orange tie which I think the tan works but if I also get a light gray suit it probably needs a deep brown or black

I appreciate the hell out of this thread and everyone's insight. And just a disclaimer I do take screenshots of clean fits that fall in line with my style goals, dunno if it's creepy or not
Those looks pretty good, depending on what you will be wearing them for.  They look pretty casual, a darker brown would be a little more dressy.  But a wingtip is pretty casual anyway.  The price is not bad, but you can sometimes get AE for around that price on certain sales.  The leather on the Cole Haan in the past just does not hold up very well in my opinion, unless it is one of the very high end model.

few more for da lulz

check the Pinoy732 handle on that last pic too..
i got a few others with my first NT sn also haha

check out this Messi photo compared to J-Lin's recent GQ shoot. I like Messi's suit better, IMO, for some reason i feel the cut on Lin's suit is too aggressive. idk..

Last edited:
Just launched www.suitedman.com  with a couple of my friends as a side venture for fun. We currently have tie bars and flower lapel pins at very reasonable prices and we're hoping to get more accessories on the website soon. Let me know what you guys think! 

I don't care for either one of them.

Yeah me either really, Lin's pants are entirely too tight and his jacket as well...look like they're on the verge of tearing if he gets up to fast :lol:. Messi's just looks a lil off to me without shoes and the rolled up pants. messi's fits better to me though. Leo would probably still score a hat trick if he walked on the field with a double breasted blazer and restricted movement :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: I don't watch a ton of soccer anymore outside of huge games or the WC.
But at a time Messi and Thierry Henry were my favorite players.

Attention good people out in NYC. I need these.  They said the shoe released on February 6 at Cole Haan SoHo in New York, and was retail for $298 USD.

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I don't think they take orders over the phone. I will be making it out to NYC in the next couple of months. DB NYC, I need a huge favor....Size 11...Someone help me out.[/font]

I'ma leave these right here with a few captions ... lol ... :smh::x:D

Freshman year - when i had hair ... and leather pants (btw those pants were YSL ...don't hate!!)

I think this is senior year ... had to DJ in Ghana for a month

Either still in college ... or right out of college

When i thought i was Biggie Smalls ...

Probably one of the first suits i bought in 03 from K&G ... i believe

Went thru a velvet jacket phase about 04-06

If i can ... you too can :tongue:

Yeah me either really, Lin's pants are entirely too tight and his jacket as well...look like they're on the verge of tearing if he gets up to fast :lol:. Messi's just looks a lil off to me without shoes and the rolled up pants. messi's fits better to me though. Leo would probably still score a hat trick if he walked on the field with a double breasted blazer and restricted movement :lol:

are pleats and baggier pants making a comeback?

they have gone as skinny as possible , lol with Lin's pic as evidence..but I wouldnt be surprised if high end designers started pushing a more full cut pant with a tailored jacket

They in fact do take phone orders. i was trying to cop the white leathers, but they were sold out by 10am PST.

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask but I am looking for a pair of jeans that are similar if not exact to the Nudie Jean Slim Jim dry black coated. My pair was recently stolen and after emailing Nudie they said it was a discontinued style. Any help would be appreciated.

I can just picture RFX once he see's that picture of Nii rocking the Camo :lol:...oh man lol. When I go home to LA I gotta find my old pictures, aka the days before digital cameras.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom