Dressing Better Vol 2.0

DB fam i need some help...

see im from the bay area (Cali). Next week (mon-thur) i will be in Bethesda, Maryland.

I have never traveled to the east coast so i dont know the weather. I hopefully will be indoors most of the time at the NIH, but when im out i dont know what to wear or take!

i literally dont have any type of jackets, but a suit jacket ...

i have a bubble vest... and sweaters,hoodies,cardigans, and scarves...

should i rock some thermal pants under my regular pants?

where can i get a jacket for on top just in case it rains ?

mind you i really dont have much money since i just bought my flight ticket... (kind of an emergency thing)

what sort of shoes do i even wear? can i wear clark DB? or will they be ruined?
(clarks are the only type of boot i have )

i just realized that alot of my shoes that arent "dressy" are cloth, like vans...

you definately need a coat
I've been in DC for 3 months now (moved from socal).

It's averaging around 40 degrees and it recently snowed.
Something like this has been comfortable for me

Last edited:
DB fam i need some help...

see im from the bay area (Cali). Next week (mon-thur) i will be in Bethesda, Maryland.

I have never traveled to the east coast so i dont know the weather. I hopefully will be indoors most of the time at the NIH, but when im out i dont know what to wear or take!

i literally dont have any type of jackets, but a suit jacket ...

i have a bubble vest... and sweaters,hoodies,cardigans, and scarves...

should i rock some thermal pants under my regular pants?

where can i get a jacket for on top just in case it rains ?

mind you i really dont have much money since i just bought my flight ticket... (kind of an emergency thing)

what sort of shoes do i even wear? can i wear clark DB? or will they be ruined?
(clarks are the only type of boot i have )

i just realized that alot of my shoes that arent "dressy" are cloth, like vans...

Clarks should be fine but they might be slippery. If you had a pair of Bushacres hat would be better.

I'd get a coat if I were you man

Best bet is to order from the Versace website,so they are no questions about authenticity...
Yep. With high profile brands, I always buy directly or from authorized dealers. I would never resort to eBay and the likes.

RE: Menswear dogs, who started that? I saw GQ and others post pictures on Tumblr, and it appears to have taken off.

First pair of fine footwear for 2013 came in today:

Comparing it to a cheaper pair:

He said he went into a J Crew store and they didn't have any. Some J Crew stores don't have suits...
My store doesn't have them. They don't have much of anything.

I was in Nordstrom Rack yesterday and there was an announcement that they were having a big footwear sale next week. Tried to find some simple black dress shoes with rubber soles, no luck.

Last edited:
He said he went into a J Crew store and they didn't have any. Some J Crew stores don't have suits...

My local J.Crew has the worst mens selection ever,the store is divided into four sections front two being womens,back left being womens sale items and only one small section on the right being mens items..Every time I find something I like online they never have it in my local store :smh:

^
Sounds like my store. All they ever have are v-neck sweaters, wrinkled sports shirts, and coats.

clarks mali low, only made for supreme. clarks should make these part of their regular lineup, clean lowtop would sell like gangbusters. I want a pair but not at supreme prices

Exactly, I dont get my Clarks doesnt release a non supreme version, a lot of their product line is lacking besides the classics and these would do so well

Suit by Thick As Thieves
Tie and pocket square by The Tie Bar
Tie bar and lapel pin by Suited Man

nice lapel pin. i like the colors.

however, like everyone said before, a lot of accessories might be too much - very "peacockish". the loudest being the lapel pin. if the pocket square was straight folded and the tie bar a straight bar instead of a gun, personally i think you can still have on a lot of accessories but all of them can't be fighting for attention. choose which ones need to be the "it" accessory and let the others be subtle.

would like to see how the full suit from Thick as Thieves fits.

whats up fellas.

im always checkin out what you guys are up to in here. one of the best threads on NT.

i need your advise. hows the fit? its a 44R off the rack. i guess you could say i have an athletic build? 5-11 215
i need it for an upcoming interview on thursday. think it will work off the rack? thoughts

securedownload-25 by FilthyRich85, on Flickr

securedownload-27 by FilthyRich85, on Flickr

securedownload-26 by FilthyRich85, on Flickr

sorry for the crapy pics

nice lapel pin. i like the colors.

however, like everyone said before, a lot of accessories might be too much - very "peacockish". the loudest being the lapel pin. if the pocket square was straight folded and the tie bar a straight bar instead of a gun, personally i think you can still have on a lot of accessories but all of them can't be fighting for attention. choose which ones need to be the "it" accessory and let the others be subtle.

would like to see how the full suit from Thick as Thieves fits.

Yea, I would have at least folded the pocket square into a square with just a bit of it popping out, and would have worn a white shirt instead, as stated way too much going on in the area, especially in regards to lavender/purple. I really like the color myself, but a little too much in my opinion.

Today's fit, and essentially became way #4 to wear an item. Wore a turtleneck under my jacket and headed out. I don't do turtlenecks much but I like the look:
http://dressingbetterforless.blogspot.com/2013/02/wdiwt2913-aka-after-storm.html

Back
Top Bottom