Dressing Better Vol 2.0

damn J Crew quality control...bought 4 casual shirts from them recently, and they all fit extra long compared to other J Crew shirts I have in the same size. Time to hit up the tailor cause I want to wear these untucked :smh:

but in this pic it certainly does. i'm sure the pic of the guy rocking it rolled is taped and pinned to hell. the look probably falls somewhere in between

damn J Crew quality control...bought 4 casual shirts from them recently, and they all fit extra long compared to other J Crew shirts I have in the same size. Time to hit up the tailor cause I want to wear these untucked :smh:

Did you accidentally purchase the tall versions?

On a related note, I love the J.Crew Club Short with 9" inseam, but at the same time, I want something with a narrower leg opening (in this case, it would be a knee opening I suppose).

Any recommendations? I love the lightweight chino cloth of the J.Crew shorts, if that matters.

On a related note, I love the J.Crew Club Short with 9" inseam, but at the same time, I want something with a narrower leg opening (in this case, it would be a knee opening I suppose).

Any recommendations? I love the lightweight chino cloth of the J.Crew shorts, if that matters.
You can tailor them. I had my shorts hemmed up an inch. You can taper them to make the opening more aggressive as well.

but in this pic it certainly does. i'm sure the pic of the guy rocking it rolled is taped and pinned to hell. the look probably falls somewhere in between

Dude, rock out with a 3 button jacket, man. During the last 10 years or so, the trend has been 2 buttons, but 3 and 1 button jackets are forever timeless.

Lmao at scenery comments. Bros, I've been taking pics at some outside spot adjacent to my residence hall for better lighting. I just keep standing in slightly different areas to avoid shadows :lol:

I know, it's just funny how frequently they've been coming up :lol:

Dude.. I have several J Crew shirts that I bought within the last few months and they're not too long at all. You either bought the "tall" version or got the wrong size all together

Def not the loosest. The London was very relaxed, as was the other model I tried (forget the name). I believe Washignton is the slimmest model, then the Napoli (forgot to ask this though)

I have a relatively athletic build (mainly in chest, legs, and back), so the Napoli felt slim enough to me without looking/feeling uncomfortable. FWIW tightly fitted/"skinny" suits are not really my style

I'm not into the hella skinny fits either. Wish there were a store close to me to try them on. I still think the Lazio is the one I'm going to go with for now

Lmao at scenery comments. Bros, I've been taking pics at some outside spot adjacent to my residence hall for better lighting. I just keep standing in slightly different areas to avoid shadows :lol:

I know, it's just funny how frequently they've been coming up :lol:
Just getting bored of seeing my dorm room time and time again. Outside has better lighting and looks cooler. Expect my pics from now on to be like this :pimp:

Edit: next time I'm just gonna bust out my dad's dslr and blow your guys' minds haha

Last edited:
i'm familiar with what a 3 roll 2 is. it's just not a look i like. in my experience it never looks as clean as it does on the model and i just prefer the look of 2 button suits and sport coats

I remember seeing a post about different shoe bank emails.. will that be added ont first page .. and ak so is that colehaan card one time use? If not why not just take turns sharing or will they know?

Went to the suitsupply shop on Broome St.

My experience:
Arrived about 2pm on Sunday
The shop was fairly busy
Was greeted by a salesperson quickly (Martel), who was easy to work with
Told him my situation (needed versatile suit, navy, fitted but not too trendy)
Guessed my size right (40L) and showed me London, Napoli and some other model
Tried on the Napoli, jacket fit PERFECT to me (only thing to even consider was to take in waist slightly, but the jacket fit slim without it)
Waist need to be taken out some (I'm 34 waist) and legs needed to be hemmed for slight break (I'm 6'3")
Leg though the thigh is a little snug (squats once a week), and knee down is cut slim but not closely tapered

About $500 otd, left the shop around 3:30pm

Overall GREAT experience, very happy with the service (very personable staff, were offered refreshments multiple times) and how I look in the suit
NOTE: this is only my third suit, so I won't comment on quality; I took a risk and trusted other online reviews

I'll try to post photos, but I don't really have a full length mirror...

I also went to SuitSupply out here in Georgetown today just to browse. The place is super nice and so is the staff. I was greeted multiple times, even by the people who were already assisting other customers. Place is top class and I expect my next suit purchase to come from there as they all seem very knowledgeable and personable, like you said.

Does anyone know the difference between the J Crew Italian Chino Ludlow jacket and the Ludlow Sportcoat in Khaki Cotton Twill? I'm guessing the Italian Chino is more structured and made with better materials, hence the $200 jump in price. I tried it on in store today (Italian Chino) and the fit was awesome (pictured below).

Asking because the Khaki Cotton Twill version is on sale for under $100 right now.

That cuff really doesn't look horrible. It just looks like a sloppy attempt at a pin roll cuff :rolleyes

And Adrian, the outside pics definitely look better. I have a a Canon 7D that I'd love to start using, but I leave it at home for the most part. Until then, I'll be in my dorm room or around campus taking pictures with my iPhone :lol:

Dude.. I have several J Crew shirts that I bought within the last few months and they're not too long at all. You either bought the "tall" version or got the wrong size all together

Nope, I bought the regular version. The shirts fit more like dress shirts compared to the ones I already have.

That cuff really doesn't look horrible. It just looks like a sloppy attempt at a pin roll cuff :rolleyes

And Adrian, the outside pics definitely look better. I have a a Canon 7D that I'd love to start using, but I leave it at home for the most part. Until then, I'll be in my dorm room or around campus taking pictures with my iPhone :lol:
whatever it is it looks very deliberate

Back
Top Bottom