Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Just a heads up. Recently my brother gave me one of his jcrew factory shirts. He's a lot smaller than me but figured since this shirt fit big, it might work....the shirt was an XS. I just figured I'd post up the comparison between JCrew Factory: XS, S, and Slim S since I have them all in my closet now. For reference, mind you I'm 5'10 160-165 lbs. Here we go:
(excuse my faces)
XS

S

Slim S

Mind you, for my build I would never expect to ever slide on an XS for anything, but aside from the slight pulling on my shoulder, it seems to fit. My preference for all of these are slim smalls but just figured I'd post up if anyone needs a reference. Hope this is helpful to somebody.

Side note: I wear a Medium in T-Shirts and a 38R for jackets.

Just a heads up. Recently my brother gave me one of his jcrew factory shirts. He's a lot smaller than me but figured since this shirt fit big, it might work....the shirt was an XS. I just figured I'd post up the comparison between JCrew Factory: XS, S, and Slim S since I have them all in my closet now. For reference, mind you I'm 5'10 160-165 lbs. Here we go:
(excuse my faces)
XS

S

Slim S

Mind you, for my build I would never expect to ever slide on an XS for anything, but aside from the slight pulling on my shoulder, it seems to fit. My preference for all of these are slim smalls but just figured I'd post up if anyone needs a reference. Hope this is helpful to somebody.

Side note: I wear a Medium in T-Shirts and a 38R for jackets.

I'm 5'4" 150lbs and the Jcrew Factory XS fit me perfect.

well ive lived in places where the temp is in triple digits for 4-5.. months out of the year..you cant bum it out for half the year lol..got to find a happy medium, so boat shoes and canvas low pro sneaks and liiiiight weight chinos and linen shirts are a staple there...

Dont get the hate on boat shoes..although i feel you on the trend thing..

Mind your business bro. I guarantee if you ignored other peoples style, your own would look better. That dude is doing him. I know that sounds preaching , but with age you'll be full blown IGAF and you won't care about the other man. Same goes for dude checking out other dudes feet.
+1

Do you ever rock anything off the rock anymore? After my first tailoring experience when I started dressing better, I literally can't do anything OTR anymore because there's always some small detail that bothers me and I know my tailor could fix it :lol: :smh: :smh:
Yeah. My outerwear mostly are unaltered. My shirts are good too. The pants are where it comes in. At the least I will have a hem job.

It's not uncommon for me to go back multiple times for the same pants tho :lol: sometimes I change my mind.

Last edited:
Do you ever rock anything off the rock anymore? After my first tailoring experience when I started dressing better, I literally can't do anything OTR anymore because there's always some small detail that bothers me and I know my tailor could fix it :lol: :smh: :smh:
Yeah. My outerwear mostly are unaltered. My shirts are good too. The pants are where it comes in. At the least I will have a hem job.

It's not uncommon for me to go back multiple times for the same pants tho :lol: sometimes I change my mind.

I'm with you man. I usually don't get shirts tailored, just pants and blazers/jackets for the most part

Well my suits are MTM and my dress shirts too. The Epaulet shirts fit me pretty much on the dot.

I picked this up about 10 mins ago. I wanted to do something like this actually. I thought a out buying a vintage Tommy jacket from eBay to rock but I know they're cut pretty loose. I didn't know Tommy still makes loud pieces like this! Will take better pics when I get home tonight.

Well my suits are MTM and my dress shirts too. The Epaulet shirts fit me pretty much on the dot.

I picked this up about 10 mins ago. I wanted to do something like this actually. I thought a out buying a vintage Tommy jacket from eBay to rock but I know they're cut pretty loose. I didn't know Tommy still makes loud pieces like this! Will take better pics when I get home tonight.

looks good man,

Tommy has really stepped it up recently..they have brought back some classic vintage looks and are putting out a lot of modern styles as well..Def improving...

got my pants back from the tailor today:

good call on the 7" guys :smokin

keep in mind, the last time I posted these pants was when I was figuring out if they were NYE appropriate:

pre-hem and taper

What did you ask the tailor for?

Just bought 2 Express slim fit shirts in Large. I'm 6'3 188 and they fit me perfect. I heard the quality is subpar but i would like to know if I should expect some major shrinkage if I cold wash them and hang dry or if I should Dry clean them instead. I want to buy some more since they are having a buy one get the other half off sale going on now since they are pefect not too expensive shirt for work.

They shouldn't shrink when you hang dry them.... Basically most of my shirts are from Express because they are so cheap (quality sucks but you get what you pay for) and hang drying them works best unless u get yours dry cleaned.

Just bought 2 Express slim fit shirts in Large. I'm 6'3 188 and they fit me perfect. I heard the quality is subpar but i would like to know if I should expect some major shrinkage if I cold wash them and hang dry or if I should Dry clean them instead. I want to buy some more since they are having a buy one get the other half off sale going on now since they are pefect not too expensive shirt for work.

I don't have experience with hang drying the Express shirts, but don't dry clean.

Dry clean, as a rule of thumb, ONLY when you need to, even then, dry cleaning sucks. The process is quite harsh on fabrics.

Sweaters = Hand wash with woolite (or a mild detergent) in cold water and lay flat to dry.
Suits = Use a garment brush to brush them down after each use, and then hang them to air dry. Shouldn't need to dry clean unless you spill something on them.
Shirts = Wash on gentle cycle and hang dry
Trousers = ???

Very nice line up. Name them, dude.
uhm.. black cordovan captoe boot modified last, brown calfskin short wing boot barrie last, color 8 cordovan norwegian split toe boot barrie last, tobacco rough out suede plain toe boot trubalance last, navy suede longwing barrie last, color 8 cordovan liesure handsewn moc van last, alpine grain longwing barrie last.

thanks everybody.

oh and Lyon...I don't want to sound stereotypical or anything but I've noticed you say it before....hockey thighs bro?! :wow: aren't you black? :lol:

:rofl: no problem bro yeah I am, was one of the few and the proud brothas out there :lol:

Very nice line up. Name them, dude.
uhm.. black cordovan captoe boot modified last, brown calfskin short wing boot barrie last, color 8 cordovan norwegian split toe boot barrie last, tobacco rough out suede plain toe boot trubalance last, navy suede longwing barrie last, color 8 cordovan liesure handsewn moc van last, alpine grain longwing barrie last.

nice collection indeed! so the circled shoe is called the tobacco rough out suede plain toe boot trubalance last? current or previous season? those are very nice! i've been looking for a black boot like this to replace the ones i don't wanna pay $1000+for!

these Ann Demeulemeester boots

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom