Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Sorry for the crappy pic.

Casual outfit for the day.

Barbour Liddesdale
Brooks Brothers ESF Tartan Plaid/Chambray Collar
J Crew Urban Slim Fit (Thinking about getting these tailored/tapered)
Vans Authentics

Those pants look good to me. From the angle it looks like you have big feet for your size..if that's the case, I wouldn't recommend getting your pants tapered. You don't want to end up looking like you're wearing clown shoes

Last edited:
If you think the Urban Slim Fit is too baggy for you, go for the 484 Fit. It's a bit more limited in cloth selection (for example, if you want Essex or Lightweight Chino pants, they don't come in the 484 Fit), but the fit is great with a 7" leg opening.

Anyone notice that many brands are moving away from slimmer fit pants?

From most of the lookbooks that I've seen this past year, baggier fits of pants seem to be what most brands are working with.

I posted Mark McNairy pics that I liked showing this a few months ago, and no one else seemed to be down with the steez.

How long do you think until this particular trend grabs hold of the masses?

a suit being "completely unnecessary" is a long long stretch my friend. it seems like your work environment is relatively relaxed when it comes to dress code. that would not fly if your boss is gordon gecko

Agreed with everything you said. Context is a lot of what will determine your office wear.

From most of the lookbooks that I've seen this past year, baggier fits of pants seem to be what most brands are working with.

I posted Mark McNairy pics that I liked showing this a few months ago, and no one else seemed to be down with the steez.

Have any pics?

For all you athletic leg guys I would highly suggest buying pants that fit good on you thighs and hips and then having them tapered to your liking. Just got back 3 pairs of slacks and jeans that I had tapered and man they look awesome.

any brand suggestions other than APC NS?

again it depends on what exactly you want to get done. but if you are talking about slimming and shortening the sleeves, as well as slimming the torso my tailor would charge around $50 for all of that.

one more question for the tailor experts....would it be possible to get a BB ESF in a medium tailored to fit more like a size small? :nerd:

anyone? :nerd:

You can technically get a shirt completely recut if you want, collar size is the only aspect that might not be feasible, but it depends if it's worth it. For a BB shirt, I don't know if I'd do it. Otherwise you can definitely get the body and arms slimmed.

There was a guy, Mike Maldonado, who you could send shirts to for a complete recut. I had a few he did that came out incredible and I think it was only $25 each but now he only sells tutorials and had referred me to someone else when he retired. It was maybe 2 years ago and I haven't used this person, I'd have to look him up. If you have a shirt that you like the pattern/material/quality but just aren't going to wear it because of the fit and has no value otherwise, it's worth it.

Last edited:
again it depends on what exactly you want to get done. but if you are talking about slimming and shortening the sleeves, as well as slimming the torso my tailor would charge around $50 for all of that.
I agree. Shortening the sleeves is a pretty big job for a shirt. This is where I draw the line. Taking in the sides and width of the sleeves are easy though.

This might be because I'm in Europe but I haven't noticed any changes. As far as I can remember slim fits were the go-to pants though.

The new thing is "super skinny".

Anyway copped a new Armani Jeans shirt for $150 and some trousers for $200, very satisfied with them. Probably gonna hit up Zara next week.

Last edited:

Wore Roshes today as well with some Chinos by Mister / MrSFC.

Clean fit above as well, my man.

Last edited:
a blinkin, nice fit on the suit. Personally would've tapered a tad more but still looks on point. Just a heads up. Never button both buttons, either the top button only or unbuttoned completely. Also, cut the tag off that sleeve bro!

a suit being "completely unnecessary" is a long long stretch my friend. it seems like your work environment is relatively relaxed when it comes to dress code. that would not fly if your boss is gordon gecko

Agreed with everything you said. Context is a lot of what will determine your office wear.

Have any pics?

Last edited:
^cosign. pants might be the stance but the pants do look like they fall a little awkward. could probably afford be tapered a little bit.
personally tie bar is also a little too high. 1/3 of the way down just above the nipple line

Anybody here own a pair of black slacks? I have a management training next week and the email said we're supposed to wear "black trousers and a formal business shirt" but explained that a jacket and tie are optional. I was just planning on wearing some grey wool slacks since I don't own black pants and never thought I would need to. I work in fitness btw. Can't imagine why we all need to be in the described outfit. Are they gonna make us walk around the gym serving cocktails?

Anybody here own a pair of black slacks? I have a management training next week and the email said we're supposed to wear "black trousers and a formal business shirt" but explained that a jacket and tie are optional. I was just planning on wearing some grey wool slacks since I don't own black pants and never thought I would need to. I work in fitness btw. Can't imagine why we all need to be in the described outfit. Are they gonna make us walk around the gym serving cocktails?

I have a pair of black slacks from Express that fit pretty well. I've never worn them to any event though...There's maybe one dress shirt in my wardrobe that would look good with them :lol:

Last edited:
Dang. I was going to recommend H&M for a quick fix but I don't think you'll fit into them since you bodybuild. A lot of firms and folks think black is formal attire. Others think it is suited for funerals and waiters.

Black jeans are the only black pants I own :lol:

:lol: at serving water. Would you like a scoop of whey protein to go with your water, sir?

Back
Top Bottom