Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I was a huskier kid in middle and high school, around 180-190 lbs. I ballooned up to 220 lbs during the end of my undergrad career. I got down to 145 lbs within a year and a half. The first year took down a lot of weight, it was the last several lbs that took a while to get rid. I gained some back and I'm at 160 lbs now (155 being my raw weight in the morning before I eat anything and after I use the bathroom).

I posted this picture many times before, but it helps with my text. 220 lbs and about 145 lbs respectively:

Clothes fit you better when you work on your physique. The best investment you can make is on yourself, not on the clothes you put on.

To give comparison to the pictures on the link above of having a shirt tucked in on an outfit:

Damn Wis, good stuff. :smokin That should motivate people to never give up on losing weight. I think my peak weight was 195 then I got down to 145 ish too and now I'm settled at 155-160.

Hey I've been looking around for basically any alternative to Sperry's for casual loafers but I'm not having much luck.  Anybody have any ideas what they're wearing this summer?

i posted some links to different driving mocs couple pages back. hot that helps.

+2

We can't continue on the defensive, because little by little we are turning into aggressors, the point of this thread is to welcome posters, not for us to act like some sort of fraternity where a handful of contributors call te shots, that's what encourages others to speak negatively about us....GGotti extended the discount publically, which is a very nice gesture, it's up to him to decide how he handles that, we can't continue to sit here and call out lurkers in a negative way because some lurkers might actually be faithful to the thread, they just feel more comfortable not participatin as much as the regulars do....just my 2 cents.

all of this. Diego made some good points too.

had an interview friday, wore this. pants kinda rinkled but whatevea

I'm happy you dudes are loving the LE cargos as much as I do. Glad i could help. :nthat:

tumblr_llcjsbi2Sw1qi7wv6o1_500.jpg

Elkin, those Speizals just be calling me.

tumblr_lari2pat4G1qawtilo1_500.jpg

Gotta swing by the Adidas store today. Can't wait on Kith.

Mine came in yesterday...ordered the goldish/red stripe ones, idc if if looked like mcdonalds colors I like em in person :lol: :smokin

^Anything I should say or request in particular? Figured I'd just try them on and get fitted to how I'd like the leg narrowed

^Anything I should say or request in particular? Figured I'd just try them on and get fitted to how I'd like the leg narrowed

A lot of pants look good with a taper (slimmer towards the bottom). You could request that if you like that style more than a straight-leg fit.

Ok thanks guys, now next question is how the heck to find a decent tailor. Closest large city (Philly) is over an hour away, seems like all local tailors are at dry cleaners and no reviews online. Is this a red flag? Anyway to gauge whether a tailor is competent or not? Don't really have anyone to go to for recommendations unfortunately (sorry for all of the questions)

Ok thanks guys, now next question is how the heck to find a decent tailor. Closest large city (Philly) is over an hour away, seems like all local tailors are at dry cleaners and no reviews online. Is this a red flag? Anyway to gauge whether a tailor is competent or not? Don't really have anyone to go to for recommendations unfortunately (sorry for all of the questions)

This might not be the best thing to do but I'd call around for prices if there's no real reviews and if its reasonable then maybe get shirt or some pants you don't really wear much or maybe thrift a pair for like 4$ then take it to the tailor and get an idea of their work...like if it fits properly and they can understand what you need/want on a sample clothes item

I have a bunch of JCrew "Urban slim fit" pants, but the leg is a little too loose for me.
Are these pants worth taking to a tailor to get tapered or should I just move on?

Also, anyone have these from Bonobos? OR recommend something similar (not looking for skinny, more like slim with tapered leg) Thanks

http://www.bonobos.com/grey-slim-straight-pants-for-men-friday-greys

Just got a pair of the stone slim straight Bonobos the other day. They fit pretty nicely, I'd say comparable to the Urban Slim Fit but a little bit slimmer. Before you buy from Bonobos check eBay. I got a pair for $35.

Just got a pair of the stone slim straight Bonobos the other day. They fit pretty nicely, I'd say comparable to the Urban Slim Fit but a little bit slimmer. Before you buy from Bonobos check eBay. I got a pair for $35.

I have two pairs of Bonobos slim straight chinos (one pair in bright green bc of a sale :lol:) and this fit is just about right for me. The leg opening does seem a decent amount smaller than the urban slim fit from jcrew

Do you happen to have any Dockers Alpha Khakis by any chance? If so, can you compare? Looks like pairs can be had for about $40 with the current sale. Thanks

Last edited:
Not sure who had brought it up before... but I passed by an H&M today and they had a few grey blazers on display. They were $25 I believe

Might be the angle, but the last looks more dressy than casual (more elongated).

BTW your pants are too long, man (unless they're jeans and you want stacks....can't tell in the pic).

I think its the angle because they fit pretty well while standing. Also I've been pretty much a lurker since the old thread, so I never got the chance to tell you how dope that weight amount of weight loss was, well done sir. I'm on the other side of the spectrum, I was about 30 lbs lighter than I am now(about 153), when I was a freshman in college, so I completely respect how much dedication it took for you to get there.

Why don't you lose the weight first? I was similar to your weight and if I had to guess...you're a size 35 or 36 waist
Yeah I'm a 36-38 depends on denim or pants but I mean damn I just wanted to know some pants I could get soon.

Back
Top Bottom