Dressing Better Vol 2.0

and wheres this nordstrom sale you speak of

nordstrom

Nordstrom's

Last edited:
Photobomb engaged..

Friday's fit:

Then Saturday, I went up the city to check out the Michael Andrews Bespoke Sample Sale (thanks for the heads up Serg) Bunch of guys from TSB were supposed to be there so I was definitely excited to meet them.
Saw this pic on IG and right away that blue suit caught my eye..

Anyways, here's my outfit for that day:

Got to the sale around 10:15am (didn't start til 11am). Glad I got there when I did because soon enough there was a line of about 20-25 people who were mostly my size! Thankfully I was 3rd. Ended up rushing the suits when they let us in. Grabbed two grey jackets and a blue suit, some ties for myself and Serg then eventually made my way over to Dan and met him. He recognized me right away and we chatted for a bit. He really liked my hat which of course is from the contest I won back in May lol. Said he wanted to cop one for himself now.
Eventually went to this "fitting room" to try on my stuff. One grey jacket was alright but I have plenty of those...however

Turns out I fit the mannequin's build pretty much spot on which is what the blue suit was made for. Everyone of the TSB crew were stunned to see how on point the fit truly was. Only thing needed is a hem, taper throughout the trousers, and a slight sleeve shortening. All in all, I ended up scooping this $1700, fully canvassed, bespoke (technically not for me though haha) suit for $300 out the door. :pimp: Those alterations won't even run me $100 lol.

By the end, I scooped up a tie for myself as well ($10 a piece), 2 for Serg, and 2 PS's for Serg. All in all $350 spent.

I ended up meeting two dudes at the sale so we looked out for each other helping find stuff and giving opinions on fits. One dude ended up walking out of there with a shawl collar black tuxedo for $300 amongst some other things! It was his birthday too...dat come up :smokin
Anyway, after 30--45 min or so, the crowd died down and the racks were damn near bare. So basically it was just us hanging with the TSB dudes. Eventually Dan came up to me....looks like he had a question.

"Yo Adrian, so do you want to do a feature?"

:wow: ...uh I'm sorry what?! HELL YEAH I WANNA DO A FEATURE!

We end up deciding that this upcoming friday I'll come back to the city to do the shoot. The focal point will be, of course, the hat I won in the contest! Dan really wants me to rock the blue suit for one outfit (called my tailor immediately and asked if all the alterations I need can be done by Friday, he assured me it would be no problem), the exact outfit I wore that day for the 2nd, and a casual one of my choice for the 3rd (likely will be white ocbd, sleeves rolled, infrared shorts, and jack purcells).

To say the least, I am so unbelievably happy right now. The rest of the day I spent checking out the city with one of the dudes I met at the sale. Checked a bunch of dope spots and even ended up at flight club for nostalgia purposes haha. Anyway, this morning I decided to show you guys some clearer shots of the suit, so here you go (oh and this tie is MAB as well):

Fabric is from Holland & Sherry as you can see. Super 100's and apparently this mill is the same one that provides fabric for many of the suits available at Savile Row!!
Man....if you gonna peacock, you at least gotta do it right :pimp:

Oh finally, here's a pic of me hanging with Dan and Alex:

Oh and btw, on the whole mannequin tip. This also is another sample jacket made for them as well. Alex was telling me to come to every damn sample sale for MAB from now on. Apparently since I fit the mannequin build this well, there will always be jackets/suits for me!

Though I really did love this one, It would've been another $200. This would mean that this week alone, I spent $1000 on suits. Keep in mind, I just ordered one from TaT. Although I see myself really getting great use out of it, I can wait. I'm going on a trip to Florida with my buddies the first week of August at that! Can't be broke down there :lol:

Patiently was waiting for this post! Thanks again and love the suit!

Sorry if this have been answered already but can anyone suggest to me a good site that sells cuffed chinos? I've seen a few already on us.topman but wondered if there were anymore sites

For Example :

Sorry if this have been answered already but can anyone suggest to me a good site that sells cuffed chinos? I've seen a few already on us.topman but wondered if there were anymore sites

For Example :
KITH. U CANT HAVE ANY #JUSTUS

JK

SEARCH HALLENSTEIN. THEYRE MY GO TO.

HYPEBEASTS GON TELL U PUBLISH BRAND AND/OR ZANEROBE.

I ALSO TAKE MY DOCKERS APLHA KHAKIS AND TAKE EM TO DA TAILORS

Real talk though - drop crotch cuffed pants are on some previous level ****.

That is, unless you're Scandinavian. Then it's still ok.

JK

Thanks for the help brother, yea I looked through Publish Brand and Zanerobe already and I just wasn't feeling the fit on em and I can never get a hold of any Kith pants whenever they're released. Hallenstein Brothers seems like the perfect fit for me, thanks again.

For Example :

JK

Thanx bro I have been looking for this as well.

ANYTHING FOR #DBNT

PRICE FOR TWO PANTS ON SALE IS LIKE 60 SHIPPED TO DA US.

DAKOTA CUFFED ONES U CAN SIZE DOWN.

THE SLIM CHINOS TTS

FOR DA SHORTER FOLKS BE CAREFUL I WOULD SAY THE INSEAM IS BTW 31-33

Good job A.. that suit and fit is on point.. Is that sample sale weekly? where do you guys go to get notified on sample sales?

Good job A.. that suit and fit is on point.. Is that sample sale weekly? where do you guys go to get notified on sample sales?

Once a year, it was announced on TSBmen about 3 days before. Last year, it was a 2-day sale some time in August so they vary in regards to when. Was highly anticipating the sample sale this year but it just happened to occur on the one weekend I'm visiting my parents. Glad the homie Adrian came out big, I had to let him know, I figured he'd find something.

Once a year, it was announced on TSBmen about 3 days before. Last year, it was a 2-day sale some time in August so they vary in regards to when. Was highly anticipating the sample sale this year but it just happened to occur on the one weekend I'm visiting my parents. Glad the homie Adrian came out big, I had to let him know, I figured he'd find something.
Good looking out again famb. Next time there is one, I expect us to have another meet up as well! We can look out for each other because this time, the bum rush was ridiculous lol. While there, Brady from MAB told me they are trying to have one every 6 months so hopefully I can scoop another crazy find in January/February.
:pimp:

Last edited:
Good looking out again famb. Next time there is one, I expect us to have another meet up as well! We can look out for each other because this time, the bum rush was ridiculous lol. While there, Brady from MAB told me they are trying to have one every 6 months so hopefully I can scoop another crazy find in January/February.
:pimp:

That's good to hear! I think now with 2 stores they might have too.

I have a pair of khaki ones and honestly the price point does not justify the quality. I mean they're dope but its more of a novelty to me. Sub$30 for the hallenstein ones are sufficient, hell I rock then more

I have a pair of khaki ones and honestly the price point does not justify the quality. I mean they're dope but its more of a novelty to me. Sub$30 for the hallenstein ones are sufficient, hell I rock then more

I was going to say this but didnt want to rustle any jimmies. Quality is very sub-par on kith.

For the most part #dbnt seems practical w their coppage choices. I try to suggest things from a low to moderate price point.

Back
Top Bottom