Dressing Better Vol 2.0

AIRED MAKE SURE U POST A REVIEW CUZ IMA GO AT DA END OF JANUARY.

ALSO WHAT SIZE DA RED JERSEY U GOT? HOOK UP FOR RETAIL + SHIP DOE?

going to vegas in 3 weeks or so , wondering if you guys can give me some tips on what to wear to some of these clubs. Dont know which ones i will be attending but still want a nice look that wont give me problems at the door.

some more info im a 24/7 dude that wears nothing but jeans tees and sneakers so im horrible at this, i want to pull of a tie and dress shirt combo that will impress but also not looked forced or over dressed, hope that makes sense. thanks fellas for the future help :D

Some of the clubs there are very strict. You can wear jeans but make sure they aren't baggy. A collard shirt is enough for all of the clubs there. My friends dress nothing like me and I'm not even up to par with many of the folks in this thread but we had no problems getting in with what we had on. Don't wear sneakers, definitely wear dress shoes, unless you're getting bottle service which means you can pretty much wear what you want.

If you really want to go the shirt and tie route, I'd do a plaid shirt (probably with some blue in it, probably blue and red), navy blue knit tie, and dark blue jeans.

I suggest going to XS and 1OAK. Remember 70% of the girls are strippers have fun

somebody help me out fambs. I'm currently training for a bank teller position. Second day is tomorrow.

Is a button up with very small checkers, like a dark red/black type checkers acceptable? I will be rocking a blazer and tie with it.

edit: this is the exact one right here.

I like the shirt and I don't think it's too loud. However, I would recommend that you start off with just a couple of basic shirts before getting into the more patterned ones. The shirt is nice but your options for a tie are smaller. Get a white shirt, light blue shirt and a lavender shirt to start off with as well; in addition to the one you posted. The 3 solid shirts pretty much go with any tie you could think of and you can pair those shirts with any pant you can think of as well.

I know some people don't approve but are black shoes do-able with a navy suit? I have been reading around style forums and a lot of people seem to think dark navy suit with black shoes is fine. But most people here some to think that's blasphemy

^ dark navy with black shoes is good in my book.. I would say only certain shades of blue are a 'no no' with black shoes

Black and Navy looks good. Its slightly more formal/dressy IMO. Silver accessories are a must for this combo.

I think the name should focus on the target audience. Who are your readers? I would assume younger guys who are developing their personal style right?

I know some people don't approve but are black shoes do-able with a navy suit? I have been reading around style forums and a lot of people seem to think dark navy suit with black shoes is fine. But most people here some to think that's blasphemy
Navy suit with black shoes is good to me. I used to dislike it years ago but now love it. I'd post up pics but I'm on mobile.

Yeap noticed that once I got to work too, too late at that point lol. I even asterisked it in the post lol
Couple of points I want to point out for what it's worth:

Quality over quantity, bro. Sometimes you seem to go crazy over sales at JCP or wherever and may not cop pieces that fit you properly but still cop due to the large discount. I'd much rather see you in the same bespoke suit more often than in various suits that are ill fitting. (Just an example here, not that I've seen you in an ill fitting suit).

It's really cool you post up text on your blog but you may want to do that when you have time to avoid typos, especially since teaching is your profession. I love reading other people's thoughts but typos kinda kill it for me.

Photography is much improved. Good job on that. You may also want to DL the timer app so you can have more options of what pics to use. Just saying. Not required.

I think the name should focus on the target audience. Who are your readers? I would assume younger guys who are developing their personal style right?
Most likely. The early 20 bracket. And if you want to limit it to just clothing or rather make it a lifestyle blog

my aim is lifestyle blog centered on clothing.

so if i write an article on finding outdoor calisthenic gyms or best cafes in town,

i would have elkin shoot people in these settings but sorta address the subjects clothing too 

Navy suit with black shoes is good to me. I used to dislike it years ago but now love it. I'd post up pics but I'm on mobile.
Couple of points I want to point out for what it's worth:

Quality over quantity, bro. Sometimes you seem to go crazy over sales at JCP or wherever and may not cop pieces that fit you properly but still cop due to the large discount. I'd much rather see you in the same bespoke suit more often than in various suits that are ill fitting. (Just an example here, not that I've seen you in an ill fitting suit).

It's really cool you post up text on your blog but you may want to do that when you have time to avoid typos, especially since teaching is your profession. I love reading other people's thoughts but typos kinda kill it for me.

Photography is much improved. Good job on that. You may also want to DL the timer app so you can have more options of what pics to use. Just saying. Not required.

In regards to shirts I get lazy when it comes to getting them tailored. It's funny because Adrian and I were talking about this a few days back. My biggest issue is neck size to body ratio. XL fits me well in the body and sleeves, but usually that translates into a neck size 17/17.5 which doesn't fit. When I get my size 18 neck the rest of the body just balloons. I should get my shirts taken in on most shirts...and sleeves shortened but haven't wanted to go through the hassle of it. I may start looking into more MTM shirts instead. I do try to stock up on shirts from JCP for work, since at that price I don't mind getting dry erase marker, food (cafeteria duty FTL), on it. In regards to the text I always try to proof read but I definitely miss a thing or two especially since I'm trying to get the posts done in the morning before school starts (7:30 or so), will definitely look posts over more often.

Got the timer app, that's why the pictures are more improved :D

Last edited:
^ You're in NYC. Just have your measurements taken and give them to one of the zillion tailors who are able to make MTM shirts.

Like I said in a previous post, my tailor has my suit measurements and it's dangerous because ordering a suit for me is as simple as walking in, choosing a swatch/lining/buttons and that's it. In and out in under 10 minutes.

I should actually practice what I preach and have my shirt measurements taken soon. Lucky for me, I've found a high-quality OTR shirt that fits me perfectly so I'm not in much of a rush.

Back
Top Bottom