Dressing Better Vol 2.0

You are all lucky you get to go thrifting etc and catch these great deals.

I'm posted overseas so online shopping via APO is the only way I can get ****

Props to those in this thread who post deals and keep us in the loop :pimp:
Thrifting isn't as easy as it seems, my man. I tried around my way, 5 different stores in 5 different cities. From middle class area to upper class. I found a Gap jacket in West L.A. (for the nonlocals, it's a pretty expensive area, in the same territory as Beverly Hills, known as the west side to the locals) and they jacked up the price. They wanted $60 for that joint :lol:

It's all about your location and timing. Adrian just gets lucky a lot because he goes thrifting in his lucky True Religion jeans and his Larry Bird jersey.

You are all lucky you get to go thrifting etc and catch these great deals.

I'm posted overseas so online shopping via APO is the only way I can get ****

Props to those in this thread who post deals and keep us in the loop :pimp:
Thrifting isn't as easy as it seems, my man. I tried around my way, 5 different stores in 5 different cities. From middle class area to upper class. I found a Gap jacket in West L.A. (for the nonlocals, it's a pretty expensive area, in the same territory as Beverly Hills, known as the west side to the locals) and they jacked up the price. They wanted $60 for that joint :lol:

It's all about your location and timing. Adrian just gets lucky a lot because he goes thrifting in his lucky True Religion jeans and his Larry Bird jersey.
I bring multiple dead rabbits. People just clear out of my way immediately.

Btw, WGM. Thank you very much for your service. Props to you my man.

Late Pass or Flame Suit.....but H&M has stepped their game up??
I been to a lot of malls lately an seems they have gotten better. Id wear a few certain things from them no prob for the price point.

Late Pass or Flame Suit.....but H&M has stepped their game up??
I been to a lot of malls lately an seems they have gotten better. Id wear a few certain things from them no prob for the price point.
You fit into their stuff, dude?

I know you're a brolic cat, and some of the stuff I tried on (a couple of years ago) were even tight on me. The philosophy is like Ikea furniture..cheap and gets the job done. I've had shirts and trousers from H&M that lasted a good while and eventually ripped. But by that time, it was money well spent.

Pana: Glad to see you're back here, bro :pimp: Last I heard from you, you had just got the new gig at a better gym and I think was about to engage or marry your girl. Hope everything is still going well.

Just got my Daltons and the quality is on point. Now it seems idiotic to spend over $100 on the recent plasitc Air Jordans when you can pay $200 on AE's and get amazing craftsmanship.

Just got my Daltons and the quality is on point. Now it seems idiotic to spend over $100 on the recent plasitc Air Jordans when you can pay $200 on AE's and get amazing craftsmanship.

Jordan retro quality is crap but I still like buying specific models because of the classic designs.

Jordan retro quality is crap but I still like buying specific models because of the classic designs.

Used to be the same way but it's all about the comfort for me now. Runners all day for me. AM, Roshes, Frees, and Flyknits. Trying to unload a lot of my Jordan's.

Can't even compare, bro :lol: You're comparing leather to pleather. Those AEs and other fine shoes will last you a decade easily, word to Adrian thrifting shoes made 4 decades before he was born.

Likewise. I like the 3, 4, 5, 11, 12, and 13. I buy for kicks and giggles, usually just to reminisce the childhood days.

Used to be the same way but it's all about the comfort for me now. Runners all day for me. AM, Roshes, Frees, and Flyknits. Trying to unload a lot of my Jordan's.
Just picked up my first pair of Roshe and I am pleasanlty surprised how comfy they are. Now I feel like a hypebeast lol. Cant beat it for $70.

I was wearing my black cement 3's at Comic Con today and walking around for hours. First time in my life i've ever felt knee pain. Should've worn some Vans or sb dunks.

I always replace the insoles on my retro jordans because the stock insoles are paper thin and offer no comfort.

I don't understand the allure of thrifting. They're clothes and shoes someone has worn before you. In essence I think that if you cant afford it new, you're only pretending. Just my 2 cents.

I don't understand the allure of thrifting. They're clothes and shoes someone has worn before you. In essence I think that if you cant afford it new, you're only pretending. Just my 2 cents.
It's definitely not for everyone. But people make good money flipping a lot of their finds

What's the website?

Nvm....I was thinking of everything except the obvious Foot Locker

Last edited:
It's definitely not for everyone. But people make good money flipping a lot of their finds
Yep. Kinda on the same tip why buy VNDS or NDS kicks. If it can help drop the price, when I was into sneakers, I was definitely bout it.

Though thrifts "could" be far more used, the ones I have found are usually in fair to amazing condition. I got into it just last year when I was still a broke college kid and now that I am working I still throroughly enjoy the hunt. Yes I could afford some/most of the things I find but honestly, I have no problem taking a deal if its lying around. Although I thrift for myself, I have made far more money/found far more things that I flipped instead. Side hustle I suppose. My next TaT suit purchase will solely come from thrift money. According to my most recent paypal statement, I am already half way there. Should have enough by the end of the week :smile:

And Dahuy, I thrift in every neighborhood and any/every store I find. Found great stuff in huge wal-mart sized spots and also found equally good stuff in consignment shops that look like someone's house. All of which are spread in every area you could think of.

I guess you must not be into vintage anything, sneaker or clothes, you try to get some of that stuff brand new and its nearly impossible... as long as it is in good condition and was taken care of there isn't a issue, I guess it isn't for everyone like said above

I've been thrifting for a while and have made a nice penny off of it. Its my play money that allows me to purchase what I want without the wife talking. But honestly, the majority of the items I keep have either been brand new with tags, or very high end items that have amazing quality. I have truly learned how to spot quality clothing through thrifting. When you see how much junk is out there and you can compare a Kiton tie to a Calvin Klein on the spot you can def see the difference. Also I have filled many holes in my closet with thrift items. But its not for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom