Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Thanks, guys. I would go the TOJ route but I'm not ready for that yet. I've also looked into W + H and I did stumble upon that APC varsity but $800 is also steep . Was not aware of Unis. Looks promising.

Golden Bear also makes a great looking varsity, and they've done a ton of collabs this season (Club Monaco, Black Scale, Nomad, etc.).

The APC and W+H are solid pieces but definitely not at retail. I was lucky enough to snag the W+H joint for almost 40% off thanks to Serg so I'm not complaining. Seems a lot of retailers have that particular colour in stock so you may see them on sale next week for Black Friday.

You sir, don't know how much I have. Assumptions can be dangerous. Tread lightly.
What you funna do hank?

A supposed grown man like yourself worried about how another man (who a millionaire) dress? You sound scary. 
grin.gif

Nice boots up there sneakerpimp. I like the olive ones.

Last edited:
That loden/brown varsity from Unis is unique but dope, not a combo I've seen much on a varsity.

No idea how it fits so I might call and see if they're the same price in store or if I can order and return it to the store if I need to.

Just saw it's today only and ALL SALE ITEMS ARE FINAL SALE. Forget that, not worth the risk.

Last edited:
For my NE and Northern NT'ers, what do you guys where as far as boots go for the snow/wet weather?

Making my annual trip to NYC during New Years and also going to Montreal, I usually walk the majority of the time when I do go visit NYC and this time, it'll be a lot more snow/wet.

For my NE and Northern NT'ers, what do you guys where as far as boots go for the snow/wet weather?

Making my annual trip to NYC during New Years and also going to Montreal, I usually walk the majority of the time when I do go visit NYC and this time, it'll be a lot more snow/wet.
I personally wear Bean Boots with Gore-Tex lining, which have served me well for many years, but if you're not into that Ivy/prep look, you can't go wrong with some waterproof Timberlands, IMO.

I'm glad the boot talk came back up. I was bored so I took some mediocre pics of my Red Wing 1907s today. I've worn them probably about 10 times and they're finally starting to feel a little more worn in, absolutely love this boot! S/O to A for the heads up on the Nordstrom deal a while back. Here they are with and without flash.

Last edited:

I personally wear Bean Boots with Gore-Tex lining, which have served me well for many years, but if you're not into that Ivy/prep look, you can't go wrong with some waterproof Timberlands, IMO.

Is the goretex lining just like an inner bootie? I didn't buy that version because people said it would pull out sometimes when they took off their boots.

I have a pair of saddle shoes and a pair of loafers from Johnston and murphy. They are both comfortable. Can't speak toward florsheim.

I'm glad the boot talk came back up. I was bored so I took some mediocre pics of my Red Wing 1907s today. I've worn them probably about 10 times and they're finally starting to feel a little more worn in, absolutely love this boot! S/O to A for the heads up on the Nordstrom deal a while back. Here they are with and without flash.

Breaks my heart that I have to list mine on eBay.

:smh:

Julius F. Wrek

Possibly a few Northeastern NTers might find this intriguing.

JCrewSampleSaleDec2013.png

NYC btw.

Last edited:

Anything leather, really. I have a Vibram sole put on most of my boots as well to avoid slipping.

Also, have any of you had experience taking your shirts to a tailor to embroider your initials on your dress shirt or any other piece of clothing? I'm assuming I can get letters for the low online but how much did you get charged per shirt? I'm bout to pull the trigger on these CT shirts and want the embroidering but $10.95 per shirt seems like it's too much.

Also, have any of you had experience taking your shirts to a tailor to embroider your initials on your dress shirt or any other piece of clothing? I'm assuming I can get letters for the low online but how much did you get charged per shirt? I'm bout to pull the trigger on these CT shirts and want the embroidering but $10.95 per shirt seems like it's too much.

I wouldn't do it with the CT's, but rather a MTM/bespoke shirts. I've seen older vets in the legal industry do it and its a nice touch on their custom shirts. An additional 25% price hike on a CT shirt isn't worth it.

FWIW I got my "test" CT shirt in last night and wearing it today, like the extra slim fit much more than BB. As a slim guy there is less room in the shoulders, flatter across the chest.

Breaks my heart that I have to list mine on eBay.

:smh:

Julius F. Wrek

Why man? Wrong size or something?

Is the goretex lining just like an inner bootie? I didn't buy that version because people said it would pull out sometimes when they took off their boots.
Yeah, it's Gore-Tex, which repels water, plus Thinsulate, which adds another layer of insulation (making it quite a bit warmer than the normal kind). That's never happened to me, but I suppose it could happen if the fit is tight.

I wouldn't do it with the CT's, but rather a MTM/bespoke shirts. I've seen older vets in the legal industry do it and its a nice touch on their custom shirts. An additional 25% price hike on a CT shirt isn't worth it.

FWIW I got my "test" CT shirt in last night and wearing it today, like the extra slim fit much more than BB. As a slim guy there is less room in the shoulders, flatter across the chest.

IMHO, I still think it's a nice touch regardless of whether the MTM, Bespoke or OTR; however, I do agree that paying $10.95 for embroidering on a $29.50 shirt doesn't make sense :lol: . Is that is typical price for a tailor to do that job or if CT is just taxing?

The shirt isn't usually $29.50 though. The way it looks now is that the embroidery is 1/3 the cost of the shirt, when the shirt USUALLY retails for $100 and something. Not that it makes it ok, I still think $11 is a little high, but it looks more reasonable when you look at the retail value of the shirt.

Back
Top Bottom