Dressing Better Vol 2.0

lost my leather gloves that ive had for years... been eyeing the quilted PRL gloves but theyre out of my size. Someone, recommend me a pair!

I would wear all of this. This guy only wears Polo RL and RRL.

http://putthison.com/post/72452800005/real-people-wearing-one-label-if-i-had-to-stick

Real People: Wearing One Label

If I had to stick to one clothing brand my entire life, it would undoubtedly be Ralph Lauren. From its mainstream Blue Label to its contemporary Black Label to its old timey RRL, what falls under the scope of “Ralph Lauren” is bigger than any other brand in history. Plus, the company just designs such great clothes.

Julien from the Netherlands wears Polo Ralph Lauren and RRL almost exclusively. For winter, he layers things such as chunky, patterned sweaters underneath work jackets and leather jackets. Workwear chinos and cargo pants get broken out often, but so does the occasional pair of corduroys. On his feet are rugged workboots, which look like they’ve been taken care of, but also have the scuffing and patina necessary to make them look not too new.

Of course, it helps that he has a great looking beard and a dog the size of a small bear, and that he lives in what appears to be paradise (that’s Rotterdam, by the way). This past year, I’ve been buying an unusual amount of RRL for a guy who has a blog called Die, Workwear!, but given that I’m a skinny, hairless grad student living with a whiny cat in the yuppie part of Oakland, I doubt I look half as good.

In any case, Julien is an oil painter and a maker of watchstraps. If you’re interested in checking out his work, you can visit his website.

Anyone have links to sites where I can get some business casual inspiration? Trying to look relaxed yet professional. Normally this means an oxford, chinos or trousers, and my suede RL Slatons or my AE Sanfords (best shoes ever - a true workhorse). I want to switch things up though but not sure how.

That old polo guy must be a hunting buddy of supermanblue. They probably have their duck whistles and rifles ready while talking about clothes.

Anyone have links to sites where I can get some business casual inspiration? Trying to look relaxed yet professional. Normally this means an oxford, chinos or trousers, and my suede RL Slatons or my AE Sanfords (best shoes ever - a true workhorse). I want to switch things up though but not sure how.

Here's one I found. I ended up just looking up pics and going from there. Some old Details articles helped out a bit as well.

http://www.gq.com/style/wear-it-now/201009/new-business-casual-september-gq-style#slide=1

Probably missing something but these I thought of instantly.

Wu Tang Clan - 36 Chambers
Sade's whole discography
John Coletrane - A Love Supreme and also Blue Train
Jimi Hendrix - Are you Experienced
Chet Baker - Chet
Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor
Daft Punk - Discovery

Last edited:
I follow him on IG. His clothing and confidence inspires some of my wardrobe. @julienlanda is his IG

thanks man, followed

Are there any other good instagram accounts to follow? I've noticed I don't like most of the menswear bloggers accounts, a lot of them are way too trendy

Last edited:
Is there a NT DB IG. List?

I know Adrian and steezy got one, but I also don't want a regular NT list as I'd rather not have 500 people killing my feed with kicks,

SINCE WE BACK TO POSITIVE VIBES:

Semi on topic

DBNT

List your essential music albums!
Off the top, these are where i can rock a whole album not just select cuts

Outkast - Aquemini (fav of all time, got heroes eventually die incorporated in one of my tats) 

Childish Gambino - discography including mixtapes

Big Krit - all mixtapes

Iron Maiden - Live in Rio

Foster the People - torches

Kendrick Lamar - Madd City

K-os - Altantis - Hymns for Disco

Lupe Fiasco  - The Cool

Last edited:
Kenna- New Sacred Cow
Floetry- Floetic
Fugees- The Score
Jay-Z- Blueprint
Janelle Monae- ArchAndroid
JT- FutureSex/LoveSounds
Aaliyah- One in a Million
Outkast- Aquemini
Erykah Badu- Baduism
Esthero- Breath from Another
Usher- 8701
TLC- CrazySexyCool
K. Dot- Good Kid
Common- Be
Lupe Fiasco- Food and Liquor
K CI and Jo-Jo- Love Always
Eminem- MMLP
A Perfect Circle- Mer de Noms
Dido- No Angel
Goodie Mob- Still Standing
Craig David- Born to Do It
Missy- Supa Dupa Fly

That's all I could think of off the top. I'll be back for more later.
I tried to pick one album from an artist. That was hard! :lol:

Last edited:
GZA - Liquid Swords

De La Soul - Stakes is High

NaS - Illmatic

Reflection Eternal - Train of Thought

Black Moon - Enta Da Stage

Gang Starr - Moment of Truth

The Roots - Things Fall Apart

Black Star - Black Star

Common - Like Water For Chocolate

A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders

OutKast - ATLiens

Slum Village - Fantastic Vol. 2

Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele

O.C. - Word...Life

Showbiz & AG - Goodfellas

I've been a Hip Hop head for 20+ yrs so my essentials list is going to reflect that.

Last edited:
GZA - Liquid Swords
De La Soul - Stakes is High
NaS - Illmatic
Reflection Eternal - Train of Thought
Black Moon - Enta Da Stage
Gang Starr - Moment of Truth
The Roots - Things Fall Apart
Black Star - Black Star
Common - Like Water For Chocolate
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
OutKast - ATLiens
Slum Village - Fantastic Vol. 2
Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele
O.C. - Word...Life
Showbiz & AG - Goodfellas

I've been a Hip Hop head for 20+ yrs so my essentials list is going to reflect that.

Stakes is High. Great choice.

Back
Top Bottom