Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I bought it many months ago, it's just been sitting in my closet for special events. I can't swap it and its pretty hard to coordinate with thats why I asked for some help..screw it I'll just wear something else all together 
laugh.gif

Honestly, just keep it simple.

You want it to stand out a bit, wear red socks (or sockless) or a red pocket square. Hell wearing a simply white pocket square will likely get you enough attention. I always go back to this picture just because it's as simple as it gets.

Personally I'd just go no tie and beltless look, maybe even just a plain white or grey tee.

Last edited:
Yeah i'll probably take that hedi route but with some colored socks as well. A black tie with a silver tie bar would look good 

Tie bars actually are a very informal thing. They are used more for function. For example, peep how a lot of policemen tend to wear one. If I was in your situation, I would keep what you currently have and go white shirt black tie and thats it. Black bow tie if you bout that life.

Oh and definitely add a white cotton/linen PS to the mix.

What up everyone? I've been on NT since 03 mostly lurking and lost all my original profile info on the yuku switch. Over the years I have drawn a lot of fashion inspiration from everyone on NT so thank you all. I feel like I have some good input to give here so I wanted to introduce myself before I jump in. I have worked retail for 9+ years with Gap, Foot Locker and now J. Crew Men's as a Personal Stylist. I've learned a lot about fashion through these jobs and have chosen to make it a career. By no means do I feel like an expert, just an enthusiast. I just want to bounce some ideas, get and give feedback, hear your opinions on J. Crew and maybe network a little with anyone who is interested and shops the brand.

I'll start off with a recent interview outfit. This was absolutely the required attire for this type of interview, it did't require a suit or tie. I was informed by the interviewer.

What up everyone? I've been on NT since 03 mostly lurking and lost all my original profile info on the yuku switch. Over the years I have drawn a lot of fashion inspiration from everyone on NT so thank you all. I feel like I have some good input to give here so I wanted to introduce myself before I jump in. I have worked retail for 9+ years with Gap, Foot Locker and now J. Crew Men's as a Personal Stylist. I've learned a lot about fashion through these jobs and have chosen to make it a career. By no means do I feel like an expert, just an enthusiast. I just want to bounce some ideas, get and give feedback, hear your opinions on J. Crew and maybe network a little with anyone who is interested and shops the brand.

I'll start off with a recent interview outfit. This was absolutely the required attire for this type of interview, it did't require a suit or tie. I was informed by the interviewer.
They required sneakers?

What job were you interviewing for? I would have probably gone with desert boots or some type of casual lace-up

I'm gonna guess it was for J Crew since he said he's now working for J Crew, that a suit & tie wasn't required and since those are J Crew exclusive NB.  Probably head to toe J Crew, word to Ksteezy.

Too matchy though.

Yeah it was for an NB job. In hindsight I agree its a little too matchy, but at the time it was my most presentable pair of NBs. If I wore a desert boot they would have kindly asked me to leave.

welcome max. outfit is dope, everything fits on point. i tend to get matchy myself, meh it happens.

wore been wearing sneakers instead of boots lately. tired of the weather in the mid atlantic, trying to switch it up when i can

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2846/12637457954_3b1bba5062_z.jpg

[img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3702/12637451684_08f4f8ef74_z.jpg

Wow thats a pretty nice job.

Real test is how they will hold up after multiple wears, especially in the areas that crease. You think they will hold up or will a re-application be needed?

Looks nice man.

Real test is how they will hold up after multiple wears, especially in the areas that crease. You think they will hold up or will a re-application be needed?

I'm pretty sure it'll hold up, the leather absorbs the dye and not really a coating on top of the leather that will flake off. He probably just have to keep up with a conditioning and/or black polish here and there, which is just regular maintenance for shoes/boots anyways.

Great job by the way unknown, shoes looks great.

Thanks guys, appreciate it!

Picasso, the last 3 pictures from my post are after 3 wears post dyeing. So far, it's held up just fine. As RFX said, the dye is absorbed into the leather so if anything the black will just fade into a darker shade of grey over time. Personally, I love my clothing to show a bit of wear so I'm kind of hoping that happens.

Originally, the goal was to change my boots to have contrasting color. The inspiration for this came from my other pair of MMMs, which are a beautiful bronze/brown.

I thought a black/grey boot would look awesome, unfortunately it's also very difficult to achieve.

--

Gag, both of those look great man

Last edited:
Any good bomber jacket that for good for less than $100? Or should I just look to spend more for a good one?

Is that the lambswool sweater? I have two colors of that one I believe, love it. I like J Crew because good styling, fits my body well wihout alterations, and decent prices with sales. What do you do as a stylist, basically shop for customers that come in? Do you work with women styling too?

Haven't seen it mentioned yet; Allen Edmonds is having an additional 20% off clearance items (still doesn't beat the 2 for $250 deals, but it's still good imo)..

Back
Top Bottom