Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Houston.. we have a problem.

My shoulders make me a 48R-50R in suit coats.. but my body is smaller, so it makes it look too big.

This, of course, means I'll have to get them altered. Right? I'll have to get every coat altered to fit me correctly?

I feel you on the snow misery, @shogun  . It's nothing nice in the midwest either. And that sounds incredible, @RFX45  , but I just can't swing the cost of living in California; we all aren't ballers like you, my dude! And I will NEVER, NEVER live anywhere more Southern than where I'm at @omgitswes  . I hate dealing with the ignorance in Southern Indiana, so I'm not sure I can handle the true South. 

actually sitting down I knew to unbutton the bottom then I forgot once I got drinks in me
laugh.gif
How old are you really bro? Seen you posting for years there's no way you're as young as you look. 
laugh.gif

Bet you pull though. 
pimp.gif
haha I'm only 22, still get called out that I'm like high school too. I'm no elite as those who claim themselves in TAY but I can hold my own when it comes to girls
laugh.gif

actually sitting down I knew to unbutton the bottom then I forgot once I got drinks in me:lol:
When you sit down you should actually unbutton all buttons unless it's a DB since that has an interior button which makes it more tedious.

The reason to leave the last button undone is to provide for a better drape. This goes for waist coats and cardigans too.
I knew about unbuttoning for sitting just don't know the finer details like this. thanks 

actually sitting down I knew to unbutton the bottom then I forgot once I got drinks in me:lol:
suit fits pretty ok, if i were you, being a slim guy and all id take advantage and slim the *** out of that suit, go real Euro...lol that look goes great with your frame,, the sleeves seem to be a bit on the long side too, also tie your tie well enough that there is no gap....so it doesnt look sloppy...
I need to know what Euro means but I think I got it
laugh.gif
I saved a pic of yours after getting tired of going thru your IG with maternity shoots
laugh.gif

That generic button-down struggle
mean.gif

I am 6 foot thin and lankely...but i need a 16-16.5 inch neck...so medium usually fits great in the body but the neck and arms are too small/short...but large i float in but the neck and arms are right on....hunting down a slim fit large...uniqlo mediums are ok...since they have a 16 inch neck..but the sleeves are always tight on my arms and shoulders don't fit great....still on the hunt for the perfect fit so i can stock up
I had a 16-16 1/2 dress shirt. but I'm 6'2 at like 165lbs.

my IG is in my sig, still learning about dressing better but yeah

i think you need a smaller neck size for your dress shirt. something as small and simple like a pocket square would make a big difference.

next time, take a fuller pic to show your pants and how it fits with the jacket, but the jacket looks to fit ok, and don't button the last button like stated before.

also, stand straight if you want a better critique of how a suit fits on you.

left the house when I forgot about my pocket square entirely and it was a hurried pic really, but thats not to defend myself for it lol
Art of Manliness Suit School: Part III – A Primer on Suit Buttons
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2010/...uit-school-part-iii-a-primer-on-suit-buttons/
will check this out

My shoulders make me a 48R-50R in suit coats.. but my body is smaller, so it makes it look too big.

This, of course, means I'll have to get them altered. Right? I'll have to get every coat altered to fit me correctly?
almost everyone should get their jackets altered to fit correctly
@TypeRPinoY  speaks the truth, man . . .No matter what size you are, everyone can benefit from some tailoring. We're all different sizes here, but a good tailor does wonders. Checkout some pics of @sarteaga0408  . . .he's always super clean, even though he's not rail thin; his fit is on point. 

Welcome to my world, kind of sorta lol. I'm about a 46-48 due to chest/shoulders. Regardless of size make sure you buy a suit that fits in the shoulders, the shoulder shouldn't extend past your natural shoulder, the rest of the suit can be altered.

If you don't mind me asking what are you spending on your suits? I ask, since if you're spending $300-400+ and you add alteration expenses what you're spending may easily falling into the $500 plus range. Due to your proportion I would recommend either going custom like Indochino; here is one of my recent fits with a navy Indochino suit; which just had to have the jacket slightly taken in. Another option is going the SuitSupply route. They have plenty of offering in size 48 and 50 and depending on the cut you may be able to fit into their 48R/50R. There is also a little allowance at the seams that allows the jackets to be taken out a little. Example here.

Please don't hesitate to PM me if you any questions, I know the feels bro, I know the feels.

@TypeRPinoY
 speaks the truth, man . . .No matter what size you are, everyone can benefit from some tailoring. We're all different sizes here, but a good tailor does wonders. Checkout some pics of @sarteaga0408
 . . .he's always super clean, even though he's not rail thin; his fit is on point. 

thanks for the compliment man!

Everything is within driving distance in LA. Winter time, yeah it was pretty warm for the most part but the mountains still go some snow. Want the beach and have almost year long of beach weather? Less than 30 minute drive. Amusements parks, Universal, Disney, Six Flags, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, etc.. take your pick. Art/museums? LACMA, Getty, MOCA, Science Center, etc... Shopping? Rodeo, Beverly Center, South Coast, etc... Lots of outlets too. Sports team? Well, if you're a football fan you're out of luck. :lol: San Diego is only a few hours away so if you like the Chargers then... yeah you're out of luck.

Really can't imagine living outside of SoCal unless it is time to retire.
I sorta feel the same way. On the other hand, I feel like I would do myself a disservice if I don't try to propel my career elsewhere. L.A. will always be home to me so I feel I can always come back.

The worst part about L.A. is the traffic. It can get really bad at times. I once got stuck on the 405 Freeway in an Evo with 4 puck clutch, my legs couldn't take it. I pulled over at the Getty Center and hung out for several hours.

How are the quality on tanner good's belt? Looking to get one soon.
Quality is good. I bought one years ago. It needs to be worked into a workwear outfit, otherwise it doesn't work IMO. The hardware is also very bulky, meaning it wouldn't look appealing if you don't tuck your shirt in. Only looks good with jeans and chinos.

My write up about it a while back:

I wore the belt almost daily at my last job when I didn't wear suits. I rarely wear it now.

I feel you on the snow misery, @shogun
 . It's nothing nice in the midwest either. And that sounds incredible, @RFX45
 , but I just can't swing the cost of living in California; we all aren't ballers like you, my dude! And I will NEVER, NEVER live anywhere more Southern than where I'm at @omgitswes
 . I hate dealing with the ignorance in Southern Indiana, so I'm not sure I can handle the true South. 

:lol: You dudes are scarying me. I had interviews at several places around the area, one being Auburn, Indiana. If nothing, it was a great experience to gain more interviewing skills and see and dine at a new ambiance on someone else's dime.

I will say the folks in the midwest are A LOT nicer than L.A. people. Doesn't matter if it was Minneapolis, Chicago or even Houston...folks reached out to a strange looking Asian that appeared lost :lol:

Today's outfit:

Any other sites like Jackthreads that have a wide range of items (clothes, accessories, care products ...)

Quality is on point. I've had mine a few years and it has aged beautifully. Check out Orion Leather Company too, they make good stuff on par with Tanner Goods for about half the price.

I got a black on black one for Christmas, great belt. Time will tell how it holds up, but ! love it so far. Very little black belt and black buckle combos out there.

SUP DBNT! Looking for some help in winning an online contest for my food truck, Waffles de Liege.

If you have a FB account, just go to http://bit.ly/1djUBxo and click on our truck to vote. The vote button is under the # of votes we currently have. That's it!

Should only take a few seconds and your vote will help us get into this event as the last truck :smile:

SUP DBNT! Looking for some help in winning an online contest for my food truck, Waffles de Liege.

If you have a FB account, just go to http://bit.ly/1djUBxo and click on our truck to vote. The vote button is under the # of votes we currently have. That's it!

Should only take a few seconds and your vote will help us get into this event as the last truck :smile:

Voted. Good luck!! I still need to try the food.

Back
Top Bottom