Dressing Better Vol 2.0

laugh.gif

Point being, that dude whose blog was linked (along with most GQ models) NEEDS to have that width added.  I like how you just changed your argument from "If he's used to wearing tight clothing he's comfortable and his movement shouldn't be restricted" to "Well...maybe if a tailor adds some width."  Not exactly re-iterating.  

Talmbout suits and shirts from J Crew & Club Monaco being made exactly for him, he bought that **** too small!  Maybe had it tailored for that precise baselayer fit.  You shouldn't have pulling across your torso, lapel bowing, collar gap, etc and like I said, there is no way a muscular person in a suit that tight doesn't have any restricted movement.  

:lol:

Point being, that dude whose blog was linked (along with most GQ models) NEEDS to have that width added.  I like how you just changed your argument from "If he's used to wearing tight clothing he's comfortable and his movement shouldn't be restricted" to "Well...maybe if a tailor adds some width."  Not exactly re-iterating.  

Talmbout suits and shirts from J Crew & Club Monaco being made exactly for him, he bought that **** too small!  Maybe had it tailored for that precise baselayer fit.  You shouldn't have pulling across your torso, lapel bowing, collar gap, etc and like I said, there is no way a muscular person in a suit that tight doesn't have any restricted movement.  
I also blame GQ again. I remember them advising to size down one in jacket for a "clean and slim look".

I agree with you. When I was in my GQ stage and had my shirts tailored super slim, I once ripped a shirt from trying to make a u turn.

I personally think it's good to have them fitted as possible and I agree if you're coming from clothes that are baggier you might need to get used to it until you feel comfortable but the reality is that what was posted is excessive.  It just doesn't function for a suit.  It looks better than a Steve Harvey suit but c'mon.

laugh.gif

I also blame GQ again. I remember them advising to size down one in jacket for a "clean and slim look".

I agree with you. When I was in my GQ stage and had my shirts tailored super slim, I once ripped a shirt from trying to make a u turn.
8p10n.gif

:lol:

I didn't change my argument, the suit is still tight, I am not saying it isn't at all but if it was tailored to fit him then it's still tight and he could be used to it being that tight. Like I said before, it's hard to judge by pics. The same argument stands though, if it is tight for him the way it looks, then it can still be comfortable whether a width is added or not, whether the fabric stretches or not (fabric stretch gets ignored int eh argument too I guess).

The point is it is completely possible dude is just comfortable in his clothes, even if it looks like he is saran wrapped into it in the pics, why is it so hard for other to understand this? :lol: Again, it might not be comfortable in the beginning but trust me, try doing it for a few weeks to a month and you'll find ways to move and be comfortable in it. You're telling me switching from Phat Farm jeans that fit 5x bigger than your actual size to some 511s or 514s was comfortable from the get go? Same with getting shirts with higher armholes and much more fitted in the chest, you can't tell me that felt comfortable right away coming from XXXL Fubu polos. Dude definitely is on the extreme end but I see no reason why you guys can't fathom dude can be comfortable in it. Like chicks in pencil skirts with 5" heels and corsets doesn't get used to those clothes when they wear them often enough.

I personally think it's good to have them fitted as possible and I agree if you're coming from clothes that are baggier you might need to get used to it until you feel comfortable but the reality is that what was posted is excessive.  It just doesn't function for a suit.  It looks better than a Steve Harvey suit but c'mon.

Again, the defense isn't about it looking good or adhering to the rules, it's about comfort and I can see dude simply being comfortable in it.

I don't know why dude are so hard pressed to think that is just isn't possible. We've all seen more people go to extremes, hell I've seen plenty of dudes skate in skinny jeans and the types of jeans that doesn't have stretch and they are perfectly fine doing their tricks and all.

It was a big change for sure coming from pro cut jerseys. Heck, tucking in my shirt when I didn't have to was a big adjustment.

Anybody own one of these shirts?

http://woolandprince.com/

I think i found out about it through here a while ago, just wondering if anyone actually bought one.

Price is rather steep, but if I can really wear it 100 days odor/wrinkle-free..i might consider it. I hate doing laundry and I would not have problems wearing one shirt everyday for 3 months. :lol:

Thinking about all the packing space I can save when I travel. One shirt for a 2 month trip.

It was a big change for sure coming from pro cut jerseys. Heck, tucking in my shirt when I didn't have to was a big adjustment.

^ this! When I first made the change from streetwear to menswear this was just the most awkward thing to do at first. Now it's a no-brainer.

I'll try and look for a picture but by far my go to for work was a dress shirt, untucked of course, a Nike track jacket, some slacks, baggy of course and any random black dress shoes. Worse dress shoe I owned...black dress shoes with velcrow monkstraps...SMFH

Pologate order finally shipped. Thanks again to whoever posted the original link. Bought like $1200 worth of stuff for $400.

Found a deal on these today at unclaimed baggage, only issue is that they the outsole (green part?) is chipping. Went to my local shoe shop for help and wat told to contact gucci directly! How does that work? Esp since I'm not original owner/recipt issues?

Dbgawds, please bless me

Do any of you guys tailor your own clothes? I'm want to learn simple things like tapering shirts, hemming, etc. but I don't know where to get started as far as what kind of sewing machine to buy.

Do any of you guys tailor your own clothes? I'm want to learn simple things like tapering shirts, hemming, etc. but I don't know where to get started as far as what kind of sewing machine to buy.
No way. I don't trust myself nor do I have the interest to learn.

Try looking into classes they offer at places like Joann to get your feet wet. Perhaps even a class at your local JuCo. When I was in school, the kids inside the fashion dept. used to go HAM with the machines at all hours to make clothing.

Pologate order finally shipped. Thanks again to whoever posted the original link. Bought like $1200 worth of stuff for $400.
I got like $2200+ worth of stuff for ~$800 mostly because I bought a pair of monkstraps and a pair of drivers.  Been running around a lot so this just reminded me to open it now, I'm pretty sure I'm returning most of it once I sort through and decide what's completely unnecessary (only thing I actually need are undershirts which were one of the cheapest things
laugh.gif
).  One shirt is still on its way too.

Pretty sure I'll get some sideways looks if I return $785 worth of stuff when it's like 12 of the 13 items I ordered.

Back
Top Bottom