Dressing Better Vol 2.0

You know they're watching that cell too right?? Once you're on the property, that's it.
Indeed. This is why I keep eveything PC even though I may be posting via their wifi on the cell.

It's available to all management but I don't want to make it obvious with the work CPU.

Thinking about copping these santoni loafers from the Rack.. Priced at 189.00 .... Wanna use them primarily for going out at night...I'm a little bit undecided... What do u guys think
Cop or pass

Last edited:
Thinking about copping these santoni loafers from the Rack.. Priced at 189.00 .... Wanna use them primarily for going out at night...I'm a little bit undecided... What do u guys think
Cop or pass

Cop...Santonis are butter. Better than AE

Cop...Santonis are butter. Better than AE
Lots of shoes are better than AEs though :lol:

The last looks funky on the shoes posted. At nearly $200, I would continue to save up for an Alden or Carmina or something on that level.

Lots of shoes are better than AEs though :lol:

The last looks funky on the shoes posted. At nearly $200, I would continue to save up for an Alden or Carmina or something on that level.
Bet.... The last is def a lil narrow and elongated.. That's why I'm on the fence about.. Def a true italian cut loafer.. I prefer a bit more balanced proportions.. The c&j 348 last is about the sleekest I'll go

I vote cop, especially since you said you would be wearing a lot at night (I'm assuming clubs and bars). At that price point, I think that is more than adequate.

since many of you in here are already in the workforce, what are your office essentials? I dont mean clothes, i mean more like things like usb cable for phone, headphones, etc, something that you need to have at the office

since many of you in here are already in the workforce, what are your office essentials? I dont mean clothes, i mean more like things like usb cable for phone, headphones, etc, something that you need to have at the office
Not much. Charger and headphone for my cell. A couple of snacks in the cabinet. That's it.

I wouldn't spend $200 on shoes that would get banged up after one night in the club
Same. I have cheap CK Wingtips for this.

Today some brown tweed and a green v-neck:
http://dressingbetterforless.blogspot.com/2014/04/wdiwt4714-spring-mixed-with-fall.html

And some of this weekend's pick-ups, couple of v-necks, a shirt and flannel trousers:
http://dressingbetterforless.blogspot.com/2014/04/this-weekends-pick-ups.html

I wouldn't spend $200 on shoes that would get banged up after one night in the club

Exactly what I was thinking.

iPhone charger/cable, headphones, lunch, water-bottle, USB drive

Last edited:
Same. I have cheap CK Wingtips for this.

I always see people posting concerns about this but I don't get it, it's a non issue for me.

I do the club thing pretty hard i.e. pretty much every weekend and have a steady rotation of two AE and one pair of Alden's that I got used that I wear out. They've been stepped on, kicked, and spilled on and they still look great. I just hit em with a little AE cleaner conditioner and shine once or twice a year, they really look different than shoes I wear to the office.

Unless your going around tripping over concrete curbs or shoes get yacked on or someone literally gives them a bath with their voda cranberry your shoes will be fine on a night out. Guess it's just worth the risk for me.

Last edited:
Cop or pass
Serious question...if they weren't Santoni and you weren't aware of the price, would you buy them?  Basically, do they fit what you're looking for or is part of the lure that they're a recognizable name for an okay price?

Magnums.

Thanks, I'll see what I can find this weekend
Nordstrom's house brand, I think it's called 1972 has some great and comfy selections that would fit the bill. I had a pair of navy bluchers years ago at $100. Just FYI if you're on a budget.

Today:

Serious question...if they weren't Santoni and you weren't aware of the price, would you buy them?  Basically, do they fit what you're looking for or is part of the lure that they're a recognizable name for an okay price?

Magnums.

They pretty much fit what I am looking for + a very respectable brand... Not sure if I would pay retail for them and like WJ4 said, the last is pretty funky looking.. Very Much an Italian style.. Not sure if wanna drop 200 on a pair of shoes seem to be a little trendy.. If the shoe had better proportions I wouldn't even question the purchase..

Nordstrom's house brand, I think it's called 1972 has some great and comfy selections that would fit the bill. I had a pair of navy bluchers years ago at $100. Just FYI if you're on a budget.

Today:

what'd you think about the fit/comfort of the AE's? I wore mine one day last week and they KILLED my feet--starting to think I may have bought them a .5 size too small. :-/

-waystinthyme

Thanks, I'll see what I can find this weekend

Today:

1901?  I have a pair of boots I got because they were dirt cheap and they're surprisingly pretty decent.  They're a dark brown suede that's a better quality than most of what Nike puts out for a lot more money and I haven't had issues with comfort, I bought them to wear in ****** weather...I know suede is the worst for that but I couldn't care less if they get ruined plus since they're dark it hides an issues.

what'd you think about the fit/comfort of the AE's? I wore mine one day last week and they KILLED my feet--starting to think I may have bought them a .5 size too small. :-/

-waystinthyme

I am very curious about those ae for rl as well.. I see them on ebay in a size 12 going for 200.. Do they run large... My normal size is a US 12... And by the way.. Before u make a final verdict on the sizing give them about 7-10 wears so that the leather can break in and mold to your feet

1901?  I have a pair of boots I got because they were dirt cheap and they're surprisingly pretty decent.  They're a dark brown suede that's a better quality than most of what Nike puts out for a lot more money and I haven't had issues with comfort, I bought them to wear in ****** weather...I know suede is the worst for that but I couldn't care less if they get ruined plus since they're dark it hides an issues.
Indeed. I had a pair before I had the funds to buy more superlative footwear.

-waystinthyme
They are comfortable to me...nothing out of the ordinary compared to my Aldens, Tricker's, C&Js, etc. Leather quality is not up to par, but not too shabby. At $125 a pair, I'm happy with them. I went true to size because the last fits true to size. Minor heel slippage due to being a loafer. Hopefully it bends a bit to give.

Last edited:
I apologize in advance because I know this topic has been covered extensively, but where's the best place to get jogger pants/cuffed sweatpants like the Kith Mercer pants, but just ... a little more cost efficient?

I apologize in advance because I know this topic has been covered extensively, but where's the best place to get jogger pants/cuffed sweatpants like the Kith Mercer pants, but just ... a little more cost efficient?
There's a whole thread dedicated to jogger pants. Everyone makes them now...Cotton On, PacSun, H&M, etc.

I have 3 pairs. 2 pairs from Publish Brand that I bought at retail, about $90-100 each, and a pair of Zanerobe I got on sale at about $50.

If you want the cheapest route, then H&M would be the place to go or look for sales. Nordstrom puts them on sale here and there.

I picked up two pairs of jogger sweats from target $10 a piece on sale. Comfy, I just have to get used to the look.

Back
Top Bottom