Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Wis been killin it with the bow ties lately so I had to step in too

How's Uniqlo's fit/quality? I want to try their dress shirts, but the M/L/XL sizing has me hesitant,

Quality is great for the price, and in my opinion the best you're going to get in that price range. My oxfords have been through at least 15 washes and are still holding up great. No loose threads/buttons.

Sizing is true to size, for the most part. I take a L/XL in most things and wear a L in their shirting.

Rob, that bowtie is great. love the colors

Last edited:
I used to work at Aldo in HS. I had like 10+ pairs and definitely thought I was doin it lol. Their terry cloth insoles were the business though.
That feeling of tucking your shirt in and wearing non sneakers when it wasn't mandatory :lol:

Passing on the Ludlow jacket I was going to buy to match my pants for the complete suit. The price is just too much for what it is. Rather get a full TAT suit and pay a little more.

Splurged on some John Elliot instead.

i admire the effort some of y'all put into this.

i have a LOT of nice clothes but im soo lazy and tired in the mornings.. i'll usually just throw on a comfy button down and some chinos. i literally always roll into the office as my shift starts :smh:

i'd like to start ironing the night before and have my ish ready

Well done Doc
pimp.gif
I could never pull off a yellow shirt because of my skin tone.

Last edited:

i have a LOT of nice clothes but im soo lazy and tired in the mornings.. i'll usually just throw on a comfy button down and some chinos. i literally always roll into the office as my shift starts :smh:

Same here. I throw on a casual button up, jeans, and Jack Purcells on almost every day of work :lol: Only shave/dress up if I'm meeting clients

@#$% ironing, my shirts get wrinkled as hell from chairs all day anyway

Last edited:

Same here. I throw on a casual button up, jeans, and Jack Purcells on almost every day of work :lol: Only shave/dress up if I'm meeting clients

@#$% ironing, my shirts get wrinkled as hell from chairs all day anyway
Y'all could bring em to some place to get pressed :\

Passing on the Ludlow jacket I was going to buy to match my pants for the complete suit. The price is just too much for what it is. Rather get a full TAT suit and pay a little more.

Splurged on some John Elliot instead.

I actually bought a Ludlow suit recently to see what the hype was about. For me, It fit so well OTR that after minor alterations, it came out to be about the same I spent on buying/altering other suits I've purchased in the past :shrugs

I always have to spend a lot of $ altering most suits since they don't come in separates. I basically have to buy loose fit suits and get them heavily tailored, since the pants on slim suits NEVER fit me correctly. My lower body is a lot bigger than my narrow upper body, so a 6 inch or more drop from jacket size to pants size makes the pants impossible to pull up past my knees :lol:

Last edited:
I actually bought a Ludlow suit recently to see what the hype was about. For me, It fit so well OTR that after minor alterations, it came out to be about the same I spent on buying/altering other suits I've purchased in the past :shrugs

I always have to spend a lot of $ altering most suits since they don't come in separates. I basically have to buy loose fit suits and get them heavily tailored, since the pants NEVER fit me correctly.

I won't lie dude I'm still tempted. One of my best friends and college roommates has a steady girlfriend that works at J Crew right now. Not just at a retail store but a corporate gig doing something for them in the city. I can't remember exactly because last time I saw her was also the first time I met her on NYE. I don't know her that well but this is my homie for life so I'm going to see if I can possibly get a discount. On a side note my buddy is now Head of Operations at Hood By Air. Been getting hooked up there though I'm not a huge fan of the brand they have some stuff I like.

I mean for most people the Ludlow is definitely overpriced. It's a nice suit, but nothing special. I'd say it's only worth buying if you have a disproportionate body like me that requires heavy tailoring.

Last edited:
I mean for most people the Ludlow is definitely overpriced. It's a nice suit, but nothing special. I'd say it's only worth buying if you have a disproportionate body like me that requires heavy tailoring.

I haven't even taken either pair of my ludlow pants to the tailor yet. Got the Italian wool joints. Paid full price but I like them. Been wearing them OTR and even getting compliments. They need a little work though. Tighten up the waist a little bit and shorten them a tad. That's why I'm so tempted on the jacket because I feel it will be very good fit OTR as well. Hmmm...

Last edited:
I have a ludlow and it fits really well. The only alterations I got was a hem for the pants.

Got a lot of compliments when I do wear it. Try to get them on sale, though.

The seasonal ones go on sale. The standard Italian wool ones don't for the most part, although I have seen unhemmed Ludlow pants for under $200

Just ordered some Quoddy bluchers for the summer and already have buyer's remorse. Feel guilty as hell right now for buying the same @#$% the frat boys I despise with a passion wear :smh: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom