Dressing Better Vol 2.0

What are some good color tie/pants/shoes combinations with a navy dress shirt?
If it is a solid color navy dress shirt I would go with a khaki suit, Brown oxfords, Floral pattern tie that is a lighter color (Does not have navy in it). IMO solid navy dress shirts are easier to wear down. For example with blue jeans + loafers or slim khakis without a tie and a jean jacket if it is cold.
Very easy to pull off with jeans in a casual look, but I need it to be more of a business casual/professional look. The type of tie is the hardest part.
black tie, black pants grey blazer, black shoes

Hey guys, can you all give me some tips on what to wear to a summer wedding? The wedding is in August so I don't know if I'll go the blazer route but I'm open to the idea depending on the materials used. Lastly I'm thinking I will be getting the fit from banana republic as I've seen some good fits there lately.
camo suit for the summer weddings, well documented in previous pages.

My man's wedding. Not sure why I went with such a big knot, had brown Kenneth Cole wingtips on.

Suit was tailored so I need to know if the fit is good.

Forgot what they were called, but what are those clips designed to keep your shirt tucked in neatly? You attach them to your socks and the bottom of your shirt. I believe there was a company posted months and months ago that made some that were good quality.

Even with custom shirts, if I'm moving around all day, or sitting down and getting up, my shirt doesn't look neat anymore. It's not a fit issue, there isn't hardly any excess fabric.

Last edited:
My man's wedding. Not sure why I went with such a big knot, had brown Kenneth Cole wingtips on.

The stance and angle make it difficult to see.

Forgot what they were called, but what are those clips designed to keep your shirt tucked in neatly? You attach them to your socks and the bottom of your shirt. I believe there was a company posted months and months ago that made some that were good quality.

Even with custom shirts, if I'm moving around all day, or sitting down and getting up, my shirt doesn't look neat anymore.

Shirt garters I think? There was this thing that was pretty much a magnet that would keep your shirt tucked in.

Found it...
http://magnetuck.com/

Oh well... Wasn't really looking for criticism but thanks I guess for it
indifferent.gif

Next time I'll make sure my outfit matches the expectations of a bunch of dudes on NT... Then it'll be okay
tired.gif

It's hard to tell, but imo the jacket seems slightly big in the midsection. Does it feel OK when wearing it or do you have a lot of room?

Also, you are getting some collar gap in both pictures, even when you are in a somewhat neutral position in the first picture.

All in all, I think it looks OK, but with some aspects of the fit that could be better suited to you.

Its not about meeting our "expectations". You post a fit, you open yourself up praise and criticism. Just because someone says your suit is too big doesn't make him an elitist.

It baffles me just how much info is in this thread and folks still do not read it. It's like walking into open gym and shooting like Carlton Banks. The reason why there are so many lurkers is because they take time to learn fit and not wasting money on cheap brands (there are always bang for your buck brands mentioned).

I guess it's that time of the month when lurkers who never contribute to this thread come outta nowhere to display feelings
eyes.gif

Reactions: wj4
Meh, I used to lurk.

First time I posted was to describe a fit I planned on wearing to NYE 2011....got flamed for who knows what reason (black vneck sweater, white shirt, black tie, charcoal trousers, and black wingtips :lol: ) Eem got flamed plenty when I became a regular poster, including ish from the resident Doc. At this point, I know to just keep it moving. At the end of the day, this is still NikeTalk fambZ.

It's like "look guys! I can dress nice too! I have more than just sneakers!" And your suit looks like it's your dad's.

Lol ok my b for whatever I said. I guess you can say I did get sort of "butthurt" but whatever. Thanks for the criticism and whatever else. I just felt a little annoyed but I understand where you guys are coming from. I'll man up to what I did... I was getting in my feelings and **** but it's cool. I just kinda posted. I didn't really intend on criticism but thanks for the pointers.

We in here sharing tips and tricks to look fresh. Every other day some emotional cat comes in here feeling like they are being bullied. Son's suit game was trash and cats are trying to help out, you don't want help don't post. If this thread was filled with garbage fits this thread would not exist.

We in here sharing tips and tricks to look fresh. Every other day some emotional cat comes in here feeling like they are being bullied. Son's suit game was trash and cats are trying to help out, you don't want help don't post. If this thread was filled with garbage fits this thread would not exist.
Like I said I was kind of blocking out that people were trying to help out and give pointers so I apologize for sort of being blind to people just trying to help.

Then it would be the wdywt thread

[/QUOTE]
Like I said I was kind of blocking out that people were trying to help out and give pointers so I apologize for sort of being blind to people just trying to help.
[/quote]

You good with me my dude, at least you posted a fit. lot of cats out here scare and just talk.

[/quote]

You good with me my dude, at least you posted a fit. lot of cats out here scare and just talk.[/quote]
Stop talking about them.

Bully.

Glen ain't playing no game today. Dang.

It would be like someone clueless to sneakers copping some CP3s with the matching Nike t shirt that says " I'm a baller" or some other moniker and posting that somewhere in the Jordan section.

First post of this thread is useful too. A lot of time was put into it. Just a FYI.

What is the point of this thread anyways? When regulars post fits, people flame and they get defensive. When newbs post fits, people flame and they get defensive.

To me, I stay here so that I can get info on pickups and sales, because I am on a budget. If I want fit inspiration, styleforum and instagram are better. That way, I can see what the regulars on here are posting anyways, without reading through all this back and forth that make this thread less interesting.

Edit: I agree with wj4. As a lurker, I spent a lot of time going through the first page of this thread, as well as multiple threads on styleforum.

Last edited:
People shouldn't be afraid of criticism. My tailoring was straight trash until I started taking advice/tips from this thread, and women have always complimented how I dress ever since. It may sound harsh but no one in here is trying to attack your character or anything; they want you to look your best if you're spending the $ and effort to "dress up". No one in here is wasting keystrokes trying to help the FoamsxNTdenim people look good

Last edited:
Another route to go is to have the person post a pic of what they want to look like.

Here is my pic

Pic of Timberlake

What is the point of this thread anyways? When regulars post fits, people flame and they get defensive. When newbs post fits, people flame and they get defensive.

To me, I stay here so that I can get info on pickups and sales, because I am on a budget. If I want fit inspiration, styleforum and instagram are better. That way, I can see what the regulars on here are posting anyways, without reading through all this back and forth that make this thread less interesting.

Edit: I agree with wj4. As a lurker, I spent a lot of time going through the first page of this thread, as well as multiple threads on styleforum.
You just answered your own question, my friend. A huge pro of this thread is the pick ups and steals that are shared. This thread isn't like SF and it's not meant to. SF is a full blown style board where you can talk about any genre, from bespoken military inspire boots to goth ninja.

This thread usually works for those who are on a budget, or just want to transition from the urbanwear and sneaker stage. Chances are, if you're on NT, you owned a pair of Nikes or two at some time in your life.

I find it funny how some members call the members here sensitive while others slap the bully label. Conclusion: members here are bipolar :lol:

Back
Top Bottom