Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Sckid20, somebody else. LoL

If you think about it, nothing is original. Style and inspiration always come from someone or something.

Fashion is a revolving door. Nothing is new.

Last edited:
I don't dress like weezy bro, I dress like myself. That's what having style is all about; being unique wearing what fits and feels good to you, not dressing like someone else from head to toe. You got to own your style

Let's see you post a fit, fam

So what are you saying when you say rename the thread to dressing like yeezy? If chelseas been around long before he put them on then it's not dressing like yeezy. Anybody who wants chelseas now is dressing like yeezy?

If you're spending Alden money on boots, might as well cough in another $150 or so and get some Viberg's.

Thinking about getting a pair of their Hikers.

chopper, viberg should pay you for how frequent you mention their boots. Their boots look good but out of my price range.

Viberg boots are beautiful.

I wouldn't say this thread is now dressing like Kanye but it's pretty clear some folks developed a style heavily "influenced" by him.  All of a sudden you start wearing black all the time, Balenciagas, elongated tees, hoodies with side zips, bomber jackets, skinny/distressed jeans with heavy stacking, chelsea boots, motorcycle jackets, SLP everything and talking about "Hedi CAME over in 2012" like he's now on your  squad?
laugh.gif
  I swear I remembered people knocking that type of style as well and there are quite a few people who've coincidentally followed suit in their new style.

Don't take it the wrong way either, if you pull it off, great.  There's nothing wrong with needing to follow someone else's example if you adapt and do well with it.

There are plenty of people who don't, someone in this thread posted another clearly Kanye-influenced outfit and the clothes were obviously wearing him.  All bad.  Just because you buy a few items that fit a certain aesthetic doesn't mean it looks good on you, some people do too much.

Viberg boots are beautiful.

I wouldn't say this thread is now dressing like Kanye but it's pretty clear some folks developed a style heavily "influenced" by him.  All of a sudden you start wearing black all the time, Balenciagas, elongated tees, hoodies with side zips, bomber jackets, skinny/distressed jeans with heavy stacking, chelsea boots, motorcycle jackets, SLP everything and talking about "Hedi CAME over in 2012" like he's now on your squad? :lol:   I swear I remembered people knocking that type of style as well and there are quite a few people who've coincidentally followed suit in their new style.

Don't take it the wrong way either, if you pull it off, great.  There's nothing wrong with needing to follow someone else's example if you adapt and do well with it.

There are plenty of people who don't, someone in this thread posted another clearly Kanye-influenced outfit and the clothes were obviously wearing him.  All bad.  Just because you buy a few items that fit a certain aesthetic doesn't mean it looks good on you, some people do too much.
Well said. People can knock Ye, but he's done a lot for bringing things mainstream. Before this, the only folks I know that wore jeans with excessive taper and stacking and homeless-esque style is StyleForum cats who are into Rick, and things like that.

He definitely made Chelsea boots what they are today. I remember when I got my first pair on sale in 2012 because Epaulet couldn't really move them. Too casual for the traditional dudes, and streetwear cats didn't mess with them yet.

We really gonna front like 90% of you guys rocking Chelsea's dont look up Ye pics for inspiration on how to rock them?....STOPPPPP IT!

Lmao, it's clear Ye-staning, don't be ashame of it, own it....really nothing wrong with it, as much as people hate to admit it, Kanye has inspired a lot of what most people wear or even how they wear it....he's a fashion icon, hate him or love him....

But please stop acting as if ya was up on these brands before Ye...I'm not talking everyone but most....and JP we all know your Kanye-staning be on fleek :lol:

Yeah, I don't understand why people have such a hard time admitting to being inspired by another person/celebrity.

There's a huge difference between inspiration and what TroyD (I think I that's his name) does. You're not "stanning" because you liked how Ye pulled the Chelsea boots off and feel like you could work them into your own wardrobe to create looks of your own.

I've known of chelsea boots for as long as I can remember but I've never considered buying a pair because I simply hadn't seen them be worn nicely in a style that I thought I could pull off and feel comfortable in. I saw Ye in them, liked SOME of his outfits with them but more so saw how nice they looked worn super casually/with streetwear so I tried it myself. The same can be said about some of the other pieces he helped popularize.

Ye didn't create any of this but we'd be lying if we said that he doesn't help with exposure and putting pieces together. Most of his stuff isn't my style too much but yes, his style along with many others (celebrity and friends/family) inspiremine. No big deal.

Last edited:
Last like 6 pages of this thread has been about chelseas. When did everyone start wearing these feminine *** boots?
I understand it's a trend right now with a bunch of stylish celebrities like Kanye, Lord Discick rocking chelseas but I can't imagine that would lead to everyone in here pulling them off.

Serg you haven't posted a fit in a while but I hope you not jumping on this trend.
The world needs people like you and me to still dress like men.

Things ain't never been the same since steely wore those Cecil the Lion Toms.

Still don't like chelseas. Laced boots for life. Leather ones I can wear to bars and stripclubs and just wipe clean after they look trashed.

Looool

I wasnt going to say it but yes they look feminine to me lmao.

Im saying TO ME...not judging styles if thats what you like do your thing yknow.

I was at a hotel and some dude was walking down the hall wearing some and they make that sound lol.

Again tho im not judging anyones style...pretty sure i wear things that some people dont like

My man said cecil the lion toms lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom