Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I've been meaning to cop a pair of Superstars for a while now. Thanks for reminding me.

I remember I copped a pair of Pumas and my dad broke into his story about having every color in every material to match his Nike track jackets. He definitely had my attention.

He had one retro Nike track jacket lying around. I wore it once. Wish I could find it now.

So he had a matching pair of Pumas for all his Nike jackets? People in the nike forum would be posting the smh emojis. Always thought Puma Clydes were cool. Been wanting a pair.

man I hope Lian pulls a ToJ on u dudes complaining 
roll.gif

JE had a really nice drop today IMO. Prices are just too much.

Yeah, I saw those boucle sweats in the email and was IN.. Got to the page and saw the price tag... NO SIR.
I feel like it's just going too far now [JE and other brands as well] ... I did buy two more Flash dual zips though. Love those.

Olive or navy dual zip, slp denim, off white tee (color not the brand lol), and boots will be the go to this fall for chill days.

man I hope Lian pulls a ToJ on u dudes complaining :rofl:
AMEX is gold. I've called to reverse 5-6 charges over the years. Done instantly with no questioning at all.

And it's not complaining. The guy is not on the board posting like Drew was. When you are promised the shoes in a month and you don't hear anything after 5 weeks, it's normal to inquire and see what's going on.

Random story - I remember a few years ago I was at the mall and over heard a Dad and his son in Journeys. Dad was probably 50 years old, son was probably 15. Dad see's the display of Sperry's and is astonished and goes "Holy crap, do you kids wear Topsiders now? This is what I used to wear when I was in middle school." Son couldn't care less what Dad had to say, but it gave me a good laugh. If I had kids right now I would tell them "Holy crap, I used to wear Superstars back in middle school and high school! Are you kids wearing them now?" 
Same with Clarks DBs. My old coworker who is around 55 said she used to wear them in college.

Saw a dude at Starbucks wearing Yeezy's. First time seeing them in person. He was wearing some skinny black jeans, a tie die t-shirt, and a canvas backpack. I'm totally generalizing and judging him, but I really have an inkling they were replicas. 

Saw a dude at Starbucks wearing Yeezy's. First time seeing them in person. He was wearing some skinny black jeans, a tie die t-shirt, and a canvas backpack. I'm totally generalizing and judging him, but I really have an inkling they were replicas. 

:rofl: :rofl:

AMEX is gold. I've called to reverse 5-6 charges over the years. Done instantly with no questioning at all.
And it's not complaining. The guy is not on the board posting like Drew was. When you are promised the shoes in a month and you don't hear anything after 5 weeks, it's normal to inquire and see what's going on.

Yep, I'm never concerned with getting scammed online as long as I'm using my amex. Always gave me back the money with relative ease.

Yep, I'm never concerned with getting scammed online as long as I'm using my amex. Always gave me back the money with relative ease.
That's why I'm creeping on the timeline. I would sound foolish like these TOJ cats trying to reverse charges from 2 years ago. "The wait time was supposed to be a month but the fanboys just said wait on it and don't worry". :lol:

Lol this thread is mad elitist
I can't blame you. The thread in general is very helpful. We get bored at times. It's a lot worse in the chat. Sometimes they send so many texts, my Treo freezes up.

Last edited:
Wow. Falcon aka new TOJ jackets are getting delivered after 2 weeks wait. Very impressive. This just makes the former identity look worse. Damn.

I remember when I posted my bad experience with TOJ. Folks in here blasted me for talking ill on the ALL MIGHTY TOJ. The flames were worse on Styleforum, the slurpage was pathetic. Now, folks are out hundreds of bucks.

I wouldn't give FALCON a dime, which is essentially the same guys at TOJ. They got folks money and started a new company and selling similar products as TOJ.

Back
Top Bottom