Dressing Better Vol 2.0

recommend me a pair of brown leather dress shoes and matching belt to go with white dress shirt and navy dress pants
something that wont break the bank

I have some discoloration in a pair of pretty expensive dress shoes. Any advice on the steps to take to fix this? Redye? Anyone have experience with that?

@vintageapparel  - you can try conditioning the shoes with saphir renovateur or renomat and then applying a good cream polish such as saphir or collonil. after a few polishes, it shouldn't be visible. alternatively, you can take them to a shop that does leather refinishing and have the shoes re-dyed. I know ToBox Shoes in Philadelphia does this if you're in the area.

this might help - www.hangerproject.com/shoe-care-guide/

- Brovsko

What would y'all recommend as a suit color, if I currently only own navy? I am graduating in the spring and want to get something from SS that is a bit nicer that I can take with me as I begin a full time career. I can hit up the SS store here in Chicago, so I'm assuming they'll have the full array of offerings. 

I would suggest a grey suit since you only have a navy one.

Grey is very versatile. It can be worn with almost any color.

superb fit Anton.

R.Culturi square for me as well today:

Need to get the sleeves shortened a tad bit on my linen blazer, non func. buttons. This shouldn't be a complicated procedure right? Also, since I've never had this done what would be an appropriate expected price range ?

Need to get the sleeves shortened a tad bit on my linen blazer, non func. buttons. This shouldn't be a complicated procedure right? Also, since I've never had this done what would be an appropriate expected price range ?

Shortening the sleeves regardless of functional/nonfunctional buttons can be a bit pricy as the tailor will argue that the functions still have to be moved up. I've paid for anything between $35-50 for this.
It depends if you are going to a local alterations with a trusted Asian lady or a more professional European tailor.

Back
Top Bottom