Dressing Better Vol 2.0

should be done the same way you apply it to shoes.

I've never heard of conditioner ruining leather unless you OD applied. proof is in the pudding.

I thought the same, I applied very little and did it evenly and got those results. Same thing happened with a pair of walnut AE's. Gonna just stop using this AE conditioner and cop some Saphir.

I thought the same, I applied very little and did it evenly and got those results. Same thing happened with a pair of walnut AE's. Gonna just stop using this AE conditioner and cop some Saphir.

I was just thinking about conditioning or oiling my black lambskin leather jacket and was going to ask the fellow gents in here about recommended products. My first thoughts were to use Saphir products because they get so much respect and positive reviews. I did a small amount of reading and heard about a product called "Canadian Restorative Cream" by Saphir. It's supposed to be for conditioning/re coloring larger items such as jackets and bags. I was just going to buy Renovateur or something along those lines, but that would be hella expensive for a full jacket...

I posted pics of my Belstaff jacket some pages back, but it has some wear and tear markings and stretch markings and it was only worn sparingly. Going to try to see if I can condition it and get it looking jet black, not to mention throw some extra protection and nourishment on it for the upcoming fall/winter season.

Have to say that SuSu's customer service is top notch... Getting a replacement shirt next day aired for free is always a plus... They may have hooked me as a loyal customer

Any advice for donating my old suits that i no longer wear? Other than goodwill/Salvation Army

I’m in Tampa if that matters. Wanted to find an org that supports men in need, looking for work etc but didn’t see nothing

Any advice for donating my old suits that i no longer wear? Other than goodwill/Salvation Army

I’m in Tampa if that matters. Wanted to find an org that supports men in need, looking for work etc but didn’t see nothing

I usually give my clothes I dont wear to my sister and she gives them to recovering addicts for job interviews she sets up for them...

so, i bought a pair of chelsea boots a week ago to prepare for fall/winter outfits. went up half a size because my feet are a little wide. after a few wears my pair was pretty comfy after breaking them in. no regrets at all, love them.
Chelsea boots should only be worn by women.

Any recommendations on black leather Chelseas, that are cheaper than SLPs?

Any recommendations on black leather Chelseas, that are cheaper than SLPs?

Story Et Fall :pimp: they look exactly the same, and quality is great too. Mine have held up well witg frequent wear over the past 2 years. I think many people in this thread have them, so don't listen to the one or two people that'll come in and tell you that they're trash and that you need to save up another $750 (which defeats the purpose of your question, so I don't know why they keep doing that)

Last edited:
Story Et Fall :pimp: they look exactly the same, and quality is great too. Mine have held up well witg frequent wear over the past 2 years. I think many people in this thread have them, so don't listen to the one or two people that'll come in and tell you that they're trash and that you need to save up another $750 (which defeats the purpose of your question, so I don't know why they keep doing that)
i have both...they are great boots but don't look exactly the same.
to me the shape is inbetween the slp's and common projects in terms of sleekness

Last edited:
Maybe exactly wasn't the right word. SLPs are a little slimmer profiled. "Exactly the same to most people that aren't into fashion like us" is more accurate :lol: When I first got them, many of my friends asked me if they were SLPs.

but yeah, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by having SEF and not SLP; I was afraid they'd be a cheap quality knockoff when I ordered them, but they're not. I'm not a fan of Common Project Chelseas; they're too "round" for my taste, and you're right, SEF is in between CP and SLP to the trained eye. I also HATE Bottega Venetas

I'd also look into Thursday Boot Company if you want good quality Chelseas with rubber soles. I'm considering buying them as a pair to walk around/go bar hopping in when I travel

Last edited:
hey people, I just got have new position that requires me to wear suits everyday...can anybody point me in the direction of wear to get decent/ good quality suits that wont break the bank. thanks in advance

I have to wear a suit every day also. I like Calvin Klein stuff. You can catch them on sale at Macy's for sub 3/200.

Probably not Dressing Better though

Maybe exactly wasn't the right word. SLPs are a little slimmer profiled. "Exactly the same to most people that aren't into fashion like us" is more accurate :lol: When I first got them, many of my friends asked me if they were SLPs.

but yeah, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by having SEF and not SLP; I was afraid they'd be a cheap quality knockoff when I ordered them, but they're not. I'm not a fan of Common Project Chelseas; they're too "round" for my taste, and you're right, SEF is in between CP and SLP to the trained eye. I also HATE Bottega Venetas

I'd also look into Thursday Boot Company if you want good quality Chelseas with rubber soles. I'm considering buying them as a pair to walk around/go bar hopping in when I travel

I've owned a pair of SEF before, would buy again. I didn't see any black leather jawnz on their website though. Crazy, their website has gotten incrementally better since I got my Chelseas last year :rofl:

Good looks on the TBC though. I didn't really care for the look of their Chelseas, but I did cop the Captain boot in black. The reviews look very good on them.

Back
Top Bottom