Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I heard this too but a week of wears just feels like it should have been enough. I'm in them for at least ten hours a day too.

My suede double monks didn't need break in at all. Weird. I got them 6 years ago, maybe they changed the quality hide the make the shoes with.

I was talking to pinoy732 pinoy732 when I visited the Meermin NYC store.

The shoes were hella stiff. I have a flat foot, so both lasts fit weird on me (heel slipping, etc.).

what are some good casual jackets? just looking for a couple fairly cheap things to have to throw on with some jeans and sneakers. not just a standard fleece zip up, maybe something slightly nicer? took a look at HM/uniqlo yesterday and didn't find much. open to all colors, but definitely want something in black plus a couple others

sidenote: I'm in socal and my local HM AND uniqlo were completely sold out of the $20 black zip ups. what gives
sounds like you need a light everyday jacket
i would go with a light bomber or denim jacket

as for cheaper options i can't help much....but if you look around everyone makes a bomber now.

anyone got any recommendations on well made, under $200 loafers? Looking for a pair of nice penny loafers or mocs to wear in the spring. Tempted by a pair of Cole Haan's, but i've heard mixed reviews on their comfort/durability.

I got these Meermin string loafers for the spring. Retail price is $175. They have regular penny loafers for the same price.

In my opinion, their suede iterations have a much easier going break in period vs leather.

ec76686bf92a6669888ca8ada0eee784.jpg

(not my pic)

sounds like you need a light everyday jacket
i would go with a light bomber or denim jacket

as for cheaper options i can't help much....but if you look around everyone makes a bomber now.

thanks man, yeah definitely was looking into both those. I guess by cheaper, I just meant like $100 or less haha. but ill hit the mall this weekend and check out HM/uniqlo/zara and see what I find

What button up brands do y'all rock with? I'm open to ones with slight stretch and non iron. My Brooks Brothers button recently ripped on me. I went to put my phone up to my ear then I hear a riiiiip. I was pissed.
My go to for button up dress shirts CT.

If you want to try some out on the low price, check out the clearance section. They wear well, wash well, and age well.

CT shirts fit huge -- even the Extra Slim Fit joints are baggy on me
:lol:
May have to try the new Super Slim fit

I agree that they wash/age well.

Most American and English dress shirt brands fit terribly for me off the rack around my stomach/waist. I always have to spend an extra $10-20 on tailoring since most of these brands are catered to markets full of overweight people. "Slim" over here usually means "slight beer belly". Northern/Southern European and Asian brand shirts tend to fit a lot better, but unfortunately they come with a high price tag in the US.

I love the quality of CT but hate their fit. Lost some weight as well so took them all to the tailor to slim down the waist.

I'm still rocking shirts I bought from 2013 and they are holding up really well. I wear them at least once a week and even throw them in the washer/dryer. No rips or loose threading at all. Solid shirts for $30 a piece.

Meermins are a PITA to break in. I've worn my pair around 15x for 8-10 hour days and they are still stiff as a rock.

My meermins are still kinda stiff but still comfortable. Wore them for 9 hours at a wedding over the weekend.

anyone by any chance pick up the new republic leather low?
https://www.newrepublicman.com/collections/all/products/kurt-leather-sneaker?variant=3312544645144

the CP clone more or less. I love my newrepublic chelseas so was thinking about grabbing a pair of these soon. These or a pair of clae bradleys. CPs too rich for my blood unless they are some how available at a steep discount

was gonna pick up some jack purcells cause i wanted some white sneakers besides my white prestos for spring/summer.

these look pretty good too tho

anyone got any recommendations on well made, under $200 loafers? Looking for a pair of nice penny loafers or mocs to wear in the spring. Tempted by a pair of Cole Haan's, but i've heard mixed reviews on their comfort/durability.

Don’t know if they have your size, but Rancourt & Co has some nice options for around $200.

I'm upset I didn't find out about Todd Snyder a long time ago they're clothes fit perfect. Just copped some Japanese selvege Chino's and 2 champion t-shirts a bit expensive for the T's though.
KhakiSelvegeChino_0604_1024x1024.jpg

what are some good casual jackets? just looking for a couple fairly cheap things to have to throw on with some jeans and sneakers. not just a standard fleece zip up, maybe something slightly nicer? took a look at HM/uniqlo yesterday and didn't find much. open to all colors, but definitely want something in black plus a couple others

sidenote: I'm in socal and my local HM AND uniqlo were completely sold out of the $20 black zip ups. what gives

What’s the weather like where you are? Probably being paranoid, but protecting my electronics comes first so I always reach for the all-weather option.

https://www.themanual.com/fashion/b...grid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=the-manual

Back
Top Bottom