Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I don't understand the tax scheme in NY. Bought hoodies from Nike and wasn't charged tax but I bought a Jacket and I got charged tax. Hoodies came out to $340 and the Jacket a little over $400

Clothing and footwear under 110$ are exempt. Otherwise a whopping 8.5%. Jesus Christ, I thought CT sales tax was high

Last edited:
Thoughts on this jacket (camel)? Just got it today.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/cole-haan-wool-blend-coat?ID=2328310&CategoryID=3763&swatchColor=Camel&swatchColor=Camel#fn=GENDER=Men&SIZE=&sp=1&spc=90&ruleId=106&kws=cole haan jacket&searchPass=exactMultiMatch&slotId=10

I kinda want something lighter (like a beige), but I think something made out of like a trench coat type material would be better than wool. And plus I can't find anything like that ...

Check out Asos; they have a lot of options. I bought a lightweight trench coat from there for $90-$100 (can't remember exactly). It gets the job done. still prefer my high quality wool overcoat for really cold/windy days, but the trench is good for traveling/commuting and slightly chilly evenings (which is 60s for us Cali people :lol:)

Edit: I got this one in black
Screenshot_20181114-174233_Chrome.jpg

I'll look into it.

I already have a black and a grey peacoat tho, so looking for some different colors.

Yeah it's getting kinda chilly, like 55 right now.

Does suit supply usually do Black Friday sales?

SuitSupply doesn’t really do sales. They do end of season clearances in Feb and June where they dump their winter stock at final sale prices but they never discount in season products.

i have a suit supply lazio grey suit in 38R that i'd like to sell for less than outlet price, so lmk if anyone's interested

Got brand new Suit Supply suede (dark brown, navy) and leather (light brown, brown) belts for sale. $40 shipped, they retail for 59-79 depending on belt. They're all a 38, but can be professionally cut into any size so let me know if anyone's interested.

IMG_8392.jpg

Thoughts on this jacket (camel)? Just got it today.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/cole-haan-wool-blend-coat?ID=2328310&CategoryID=3763&swatchColor=Camel&swatchColor=Camel#fn=GENDER=Men&SIZE=&sp=1&spc=90&ruleId=106&kws=cole haan jacket&searchPass=exactMultiMatch&slotId=10

I kinda want something lighter (like a beige), but I think something made out of like a trench coat type material would be better than wool. And plus I can't find anything like that ...

Looks pretty boxy.

Red Wing Iron Rangers were updated this year to actually have some traction on their soles. Finally scooped a pair.

Had to sell my pair off; too bulbous for me and at the time the sole was pretty slick. Just ordered a pair of Brandy Thursdays so hopefully those fit the bill for what I’m lookong for.

How's Chippewa in comparison to Red wings and 1000 miles

Last edited:
Recommendations for a camel trench coat? Budget is 200, but if I can stay under 150 that would be ideal.

Usually use express for plain black/white dress shirts with my suits. I like the quality and fit. Any other brand on par or better for a same/cheaper price?

Back
Top Bottom