Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Whats your guys take on semi formal attire. I'm trying to avoid a full suit for an dope event tomorrow.
Was thinking navy suit, unsure on color of turtle neck/shirt, velvet slippers. I would have to purchase slippers and turtle neck, if I go that route, last minute.

Aight. Well it's your dollars. But just being argumentative because it's a message board:

Club Monaco $550
p27560855_lifestyle

Timberland's each $160
915tT92HqpL._UY500_.jpg

A184D001-HERO

retro-artist-square-310-01

SLP boots $1,000+
fUWRQFA.jpg
i feel you but i paid 475 for my slp's. no one buys slp's for suggested retail.
even with that said, the tims are ugly to me.
i wouldn't wear those.

Whats your guys take on semi formal attire. I'm trying to avoid a full suit for an dope event tomorrow.
Was thinking navy suit, unsure on color of turtle neck/shirt, velvet slippers. I would have to purchase slippers and turtle neck, if I go that route, last minute.

White shirt, brown shoes.

Been seeing alot of celebs wearing turtle necks with suits. Guess these stylists are trying to make it a thing so bad

The new slp boots from this year look like dr Martins
saint-laurent-black-Black-Liverpool-Army-Boots.jpeg

Low key, I like the shape of the Martens more, but I'm sure the SLP's leather feels much nicer

i feel you but i paid 475 for my slp's. no one buys slp's for suggested retail.
even with that said, the tims are ugly to me.
i wouldn't wear those.
I always catch the SLP sales when my sizes are sold out. :smh:

Been seeing alot of celebs wearing turtle necks with suits. Guess these stylists are trying to make it a thing so bad

Not even a trend. Been around for a minute now. Pulled it off couple times, but that combo makes me look much older than I am :lol:

I know it's existed for a minute but it can't be a coincidence i'm seeing dudes on late night talk tv rocking that fit

I peeped jamie foxx and michael b jordan rocking it to promote their movies

Yeah I don't **** with the look. Turtle necks can look good with jackets and by themselves but I'm good on it. Not for me. And feels kinda try hard.

Turtle neck are more miss than hit. If so, has to be tailored, black, and of a nice fabric for me.

I know it's existed for a minute but it can't be a coincidence i'm seeing dudes on late night talk tv rocking that fit

I peeped jamie foxx and michael b jordan rocking it to promote their movies

1479486182-future-dior-turtleneck.jpg

Hendrix pulled it off a couple years back. Was the first time I "noticed", but its definitely been a thing long before

I like the look tho. Feel like John Wick when I pull it off

feat-whatson-john-wick-lead-image-1300x500.jpg

Brings versatility to a suit. Most people only think suits are for super formal events, but a turtleneck or a polo shirt brings new life to a suit.

Yeah dudes is wildin out frontin on turtle necks under a blazer but have no issues going out in heels.

Papi Im pretty sure anyone that likes the chelsea aesthetic, has no issues with the Turtle Neck awsthetic, stop trollin

^ Quality? It's good value for most pieces, especially denim (jeans and jackets) and outerwear pieces, but you feel the "cheapness" in build and fabrics when it comes to button downs and hats (both of which I returned). I lived in SF when they first launched, and stopped by their store on Valencia. Tried out the boxers too, pretty decent value.

Honestly though, I gave them a shot because of their social message, them taking care of their manufacturing folks (which should in theory produce better quality garments), and their transparency. They remind me of a "start up tech" version of Noah, similar message, with more transparency.

https://m.zappos.com/p/danner-bull-run-christy/product/8374104

Anyone have experience with Danner Boots. My friend has this model. They look pretty good to me..

They’re awesome boots. I actually just finished polishing up my black gore-tex ones to put on eBay. I’ve had them a few years but they are about a size too small and I’m fed up with my toes getting squashed. Cost me a fortune getting them shipped from the US but I’m hoping to get enough to cover the ones I just bought (Altberg - what the British armed forces are wearing now - also awesome and fit me properly).

Danner’s are super comfy, durable, pretty light for a solid boot and mine take a good spit shine! Really good winter boots and not so warm that you couldn’t wear them in the spring for outdoor stuff.

Back
Top Bottom