Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I've been lucky my two groomsmen suits have been nice. One rental was cheap being around $100 but the other one was over $200. Will def dent your pocket since you're also gonna give money for a wedding gift and might need to get a hotel room for the night.

Damn I popped in this thread at the right time.

I should be proposing to my BM in the next couple weeks. Gonna ask her pops Thursday for permission.

I’m still kinda plugged in at jcrew so I think I can do my groomsman suits at low numbers if I plan it right. Like some of you other guysI hate hate having my homies spend money on me. I’ve been a groomsman several times and it can get expensive quick.

only because I’m plugged in am I considering having my homies buy suits instead of rent tux’s (I personally hate renting anything, and rented tux’s have never fit how I like em, I would rather plug the homies and even go in on suits if necessary rather than have them spend money on some**** that fits terribly for a single day).

I’m happy to see so many DBs similar milestones in their life at the same time.Adrian we don’t know each other well enough but we’ve been semi e-friends for years. I’m happy for you bro.

So my boy that’s been stressing us about getting the same Calvin Klein leprechaun tuxedo shoes , pulling up in some Chelsea boots !
I’m glad I didn’t cop those ugly *** shoes , I’m pulling up with my own tux shoes .

I hope when y’all have your own wedding day come - everybody complies to your wishes.

I think the Everlane Slim chinos are the pair for me. These fit me well.

Also, might make the drive to Beverly Hills to see if they have anymore CP Achilles lows for $199. Dude on reddit said they only size 44 in white left. Doubt their still around though.

My boy said he doesnt want to make all the groomsmen go and buy a new suit/shoes. Thats why he chose black suits with brown shoes. Figured everyone already has it w/o there being 50 shades of navy. Its an outdoor wedding too smh.

I mean its his day so w.e.

I've been lucky my two groomsmen suits have been nice. One rental was cheap being around $100 but the other one was over $200. Will def dent your pocket since you're also gonna give money for a wedding gift and might need to get a hotel room for the night.

Yeah we wanted everyone on the property and the rooms are pretty expensive

Sorry team MVP MVP nako xl nako xl suberzat1 suberzat1

Shoes weren't important for the weddings I was a part of. I probably could've worn my brown Red Wing boots for one. :lol:

So my boy that’s been stressing us about getting the same Calvin Klein leprechaun tuxedo shoes , pulling up in some Chelsea boots !
I’m glad I didn’t cop those ugly *** shoes , I’m pulling up with my own tux shoes .

that’s not cool dude. I hope you’re letting him know in advance so he can prepare for it. Showing up in your own outfit after he specified is straight disrespect.

Damn I popped in this thread at the right time.

I should be proposing to my BM in the next couple weeks. Gonna ask her pops Thursday for permission.

I’m still kinda plugged in at jcrew so I think I can do my groomsman suits at low numbers if I plan it right. Like some of you other guysI hate hate having my homies spend money on me. I’ve been a groomsman several times and it can get expensive quick.

only because I’m plugged in am I considering having my homies buy suits instead of rent tux’s (I personally hate renting anything, and rented tux’s have never fit how I like em, I would rather plug the homies and even go in on suits if necessary rather than have them spend money on some**** that fits terribly for a single day).

I’m happy to see so many DBs similar milestones in their life at the same time.Adrian we don’t know each other well enough but we’ve been semi e-friends for years. I’m happy for you bro.

What if OG says you're not good enough for your BM? Srs.

What if OG says you're not good enough for your BM? Srs.

Keeping it a buck he could say it. My girl and I actually split up for like a year and some change at one point (even after we had the kid). In the event he says no I’d ask him his reasoning etc. if I deem it reasonable out of respect I’d at least hold off until whatever his criteria could be reached. If it’s some bs tho I’d straight up say “this is only a formality, I did this outta respect, but imma always do what I want”.

truth be told it’s rare that dudes say no. Especially when there’s kids and **** involved, but if that happened and I pray it doesn’t I would address it accordingly. I’m way too African to want to start a union on bad terms.

Keeping it funky, if I could get married again, I’d skip on having a bridal party, my wife has agreed, after many years as a wedding photographer and even been part of a couple of weddings ourselves, we realize anything other than siblings at the very most by your side and that’s if ya close, is just added stress for everyone involved....majority of the times, bridesmaids and groomsmen will ***** about their responsibilities and expenses, wether is to your face or behind your back...save yourself the disappointment and just worry about your bride and yourself.

My group of friends are easy going. Being a groomsman wasn't much stress. Order the tux, show up for the rehearsal and dinner, then meet up a few hours before the wedding. I don't see my friends often so drinking, eating, and acting like idiots before the ceremony was fun.

Couldn't have asked for better groomsmen. Got a group discount ordering everyone's tuxedos from Spier & Mackay. Lot of us were gmen in a wedding from the summer so most had white shirts and black shoes on deck and finally I had given them all bowties as part of their groomsmen gifts.

Last edited:
Yeah I’ve been a groomsmen I think about 5 times now and enjoyed every wedding. Lots of fun.There really shouldn’t be any drama from your boys ...I could see It on the bridesmaid side. But I was never asked to wear or do anything questionable though

Bachelor party. Rent a tux. Rehearsal dinner. Party the night before and party at the wedding.
Ive always had a great time and never regretted being one

Keeping it funky, if I could get married again, I’d skip on having a bridal party, my wife has agreed, after many years as a wedding photographer and even been part of a couple of weddings ourselves, we realize anything other than siblings at the very most by your side and that’s if ya close, is just added stress for everyone involved....majority of the times, bridesmaids and groomsmen will ***** about their responsibilities and expenses, wether is to your face or behind your back...save yourself the disappointment and just worry about your bride and yourself.

If it were up to me and me alone I’d take my girl and my son to Bali (maybe bring my nephew). Spend a couple racks get married in a Uber private ceremony and just enjoy a very nice family vacation in between. However, I know my girls side will want to come etc so I’m leaving it open.

I totally get the part about people not wanting to spend the money etc. I remember being young and scrapping together bread to attend wedding related events for friends and it isn’t fun. I hate to put others in that kind of spot so we will truly ponder on what our wedding will look like once that day arrives.

As both a groomsman and best Mann I’ve spent thousands on weddings that were not my own. I get that everybody says they will do the same when it’s my turn but now that I’m here I’m like “why”?

Yeah we aren’t having anyone at the alter or whatever with us. We just want everyone to have a great time. They spending 2k on the rooms so trying to avoid other out of pocket expenses lol.

no still plenty of life left...although the big steals are gone

Can anyone share the prices they saw?

Best price i saw was 239 for a napoli and havanna.

Lost some weight but afraid to lower the size smh

new i should have checked in here yesterday

guess I have to just wait until July smh

Yeah we aren’t having anyone at the alter or whatever with us. We just want everyone to have a great time. They spending 2k on the rooms so trying to avoid other out of pocket expenses lol.
Congrats to the Don as your day nears man

The TAY thread will miss your countless contributions.

Congrats on your new chapter man

Back
Top Bottom