Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I'm looking for a black dress shirt. Something to wear with jeans or casual pants. Dont want the cheap ones, need a good collar. Any reccs?

I’ve gone through a few brands over the years and Saks is the best I found for the price. Great fit and feel. Still looks like new even after multiple trips to the dry cleaners.
That was my next question. Yall strictly dry cleaners for dress shirts? No washer/dryer or hang dry?

That was my next question. Yall strictly dry cleaners for dress shirts? No washer/dryer or hang dry?
When I first stared working in an office setting I put my shirts in the washer and dryer and they came out terrible. These were Van Heusen and similar type shirts. Pilling and wrinkles especially in the collar... Still wearable, just nowhere near as presentable when first bought. I've been taking my shirts to the dry cleaners ever since. Take full advantage of any discount days or rewards programs offered because the bills do add up.

You probably could get away with gentle cycle washes and hang drying. Make sure you have an iron. I tried using a hand steamer for wrinkles but preferred just using an iron. Quicker and way more effective.

I like Charles Tyrwhitt for dress shirts. They have several different cuts, including super slim fit if you’re skinny, and a few different styles of shirts. They all come with collar stays and can be customized (pockets, French cuffs) and you can also choose the neck size/sleeve length that fits you best. They’re also regularly on sale as well as the multi-buy “discount” that always applies. I wash/dry mine regularly and they’ve held up well.

I don't have to wear dress shirts anymore (so usually Oxford cloths and flannels now), but Charles Tyrwhitt would always blow out elbows for me. Same with banana republic. Those were the 2 best slim fitting dress shirts I had found back a few years ago.

I don't have to wear dress shirts anymore (so usually Oxford cloths and flannels now), but Charles Tyrwhitt would always blow out elbows for me. Same with banana republic. Those were the 2 best slim fitting dress shirts I had found back a few years ago.
I dont think there are any shirts that dont blow out elbows

I got the shirts in and wore them all so far.

I'm 6 feet 170lb for reference bought a M in Cuts and Wyr and an S in UniformLA which runs extremely big for some reason.

Best fit if you're skinny to athletic build - Cuts
Best length if you're tall - Cuts
Best TTS fit - Cuts
Best long sleeve I've ever tried on - Cuts
Best short sleeve length/tightness - Cuts

Best fit if you're thicc - UniformLA
Best quality out the bag - UniformLA
Best after wash - UniformLA
Best for oversized look - UniformLA

$25 for a hem and taper for dress pants
$70 for sleeves shortened and take in a blazer
Is that about right or too much?

I'll only take light color dress shirts to the cleaners, (white, sky blue, etc...). I learned my lesson with taking the darker colors there. The press machine that they use noticeably fades the darker colors fast, especially where there's folds like the collar or areas such as around the cuff. So for these, I wash them in a delicate cycle and hang dry.

Y’all can have my early access code whoever wants it.
Early access sale
6E354B41-E8FA-4DD5-885B-398A7D588BFE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom