Dressing Better Vol 2.0

You guys wearing jackets for weddings in the summer?

Went to a wedding in Mexico, but they’re having another reception locally for everyone at the end of July. Since it’s just the reception, should I still wear a suit, or a nice button up? Groom said he’s just wearing slacks and short sleeve button up

Also going to a wedding on the beach in Florida later this year. Wondering if I should go full suit or nice button up as well.

Any suggestions or thought would be appreciated

Went to a wedding in Mexico, but they’re having another reception locally for everyone at the end of July. Since it’s just the reception, should I still wear a suit, or a nice button up? Groom said he’s just wearing slacks and short sleeve button up

Also going to a wedding on the beach in Florida later this year. Wondering if I should go full suit or nice button up as well.

Was just at a wedding in Denver last weekend and it was hot as blazes but thankfully for the ceremony there was some cloud cover. Went with a blazer. Once the reception started the jacket got left at the table.
You can always go a linen suit route or jacket up and once the reception starts ditch it.

Was just at a wedding in Denver last weekend and it was hot as blazes but thankfully for the ceremony there was some cloud cover. Went with a blazer. Once the reception started the jacket got left at the table.
You can always go a linen suit route or jacket up and once the reception starts ditch it.
Thanks for the reply. Went ahead and got this. I’ve been eyeing it for a while and it ended up selling out, but then my size popped up again. Can’t wait
51EDBD76-A772-484F-AF64-A7CA6B5D3D47.jpeg

anyone have any recommendations for cheaper alternatives or brands to look for ?

looking for some sweatpants that would fit similar that have those synced openings at the bottom that are tight enough to stack. most mall brands i've seen the cuff is too loose and doesn't stay.
12.jpg

anyone have any recommendations for cheaper alternatives or brands to look for ?

looking for some sweatpants that would fit similar that have those synced openings at the bottom that are tight enough to stack. most mall brands i've seen the cuff is too loose and doesn't stay.
12.jpg

Try the brand "The Game" (not affiliated with the artist to my knowledge).

They are slim fit, heavyweight and made in the USA. Costco was selling their matching hoodies this past winter season for $30 and I found their sweatpants online for $20.

You can try "House Of Blanks" they are expensive, but you may be able to get them cheaper since they are made in Canada. Lots of boutique brands use their stuff.

Anyone have any experience with a tailor making a suit jacket 1 size smaller? I’m a 40 and the only suit jacket left is a 42. I talked to her and she said she can take it in and shorten the sleeves, she just can’t do anything if the shoulders are too big. Any input/advice?

FYI: It’s a casual beach wedding so I wasn’t planning on wearing a tie. Linen pants, linen button up, possibly suspenders. Should I get the matching jacket and chance on having to return it it’s too big or ditch the jacket and save a few hundred $?

Anyone have any experience with a tailor making a suit jacket 1 size smaller? I’m a 40 and the only suit jacket left is a 42. I talked to her and she said she can take it in and shorten the sleeves, she just can’t do anything if the shoulders are too big. Any input/advice?

FYI: It’s a casual beach wedding so I wasn’t planning on wearing a tie. Linen pants, linen button up, possibly suspenders. Should I get the matching jacket and chance on having to return it it’s too big or ditch the jacket and save a few hundred $?

The only issue might be the shoulder area - I had someone do it for me before and they made it work.

I think its pretty tough to rebuild a jacket. Do you know if it is fully canvassed, etc.?

I wouldn't spend a ton of money on an incorrectly sized jacket that you are trying to alter to your size, and that you probably aren't going to wear again

The only issue might be the shoulder area - I had someone do it for me before and they made it work.

Thanks for the input fellas. Just going to try and take it to the tailor and see what she says. Worst case scenario I’ll have to return it.

I’m on the same boat
I got a wedding next week and it’s in the 80’s
Debating whether to do the blazer with no tie or rolled up shirt with the blazer

I’m on the same boat
I got a wedding next week and it’s in the 80’s
Debating whether to do the blazer with no tie or rolled up shirt with the blazer

I was a best man in SD this past weekend - rock the jacket and then take it immediately off - this was a Catholic mass too 😂😂

Man I’ve been looking for khaki jogger shorts (with the drawstrings) for forever. Everything im seeing is 5-5.5 inches. My legs not that sexy, need something in the 6-7 range.

Back
Top Bottom