Dressing better

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by LORENander

and also got these recently off sperry's website. they're brick chukka work boots. dont know if they're still up on the website though. the back of the shoe has dug into my heel, so i've had to use a heel pad so i don't get random cuts on the backs of my legs. i know no socks are the norm for boat shoes, but any of you who have similar shoes, have you gone no socks on these types of chukkas as well? i've been going no socks for now. 
What was the price for these?  They look similar to the Sperry x J. Crew...
Do you wear these with shorts?

I scooped this colorway along with the brown colorway when they went on sale earlier this summer.  Both have been worn heavy at the office this summer.  They are awesome, I wear dress socks with them.  They are boat shoe inspired chukka's.  I don't think they are meant to be worn sockless, hence "work boot".  Got 'em for $59.99 off the Sperry website.

on a couple occasions i have. they're not as high as say desert boots (never worn desert boots with shorts, nor do i plan on it), and ive gone sockless every time. personally i think they look fine with shorts. i agree that they can be pulled off with socks given the name of the shoe, but i just wanted to see how others who own it put it to use. glad to know someone else got in on these sperrys. 

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

any jeans that fit like levi's 521s? I'm feeling the fit on these joints. Good thigh room and tapered
pimp.gif

or will I have to buy slim fit and get them tapered?

nerd.gif

Anyone know of where I can try on Levis 513 and 521?
Very interested in the fits. 511 are too tight for me and 514 bother me because there isn't a taper.

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Anyone know of where I can try on Levis 513 and 521?
Very interested in the fits. 511 are too tight for me and 514 bother me because there isn't a taper.

Urban Outfitters for the 513s

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Anyone here use messenger bags? I'm a 22 y/o college student. I was considering something that's not toooo sophisticated, maybe a timbuk2 commute - small.

Link: http://www.shoebacca.com/...p;utm_pfm=finder_results

If you consider that a no, any suggestions?
Check TJ Maxx/Marshalls.  I saw some decent off brand ones for $8, and I think Eddie Bauer ones for $15.  You can also find Ben Sherman or Jack Spade bags as well for the $30's+

Just moved to Chicago (living in Lincoln Park, near Clark and Fullerton and working in the Loop). Can anybody recommend any good spots besides those on Michigan Ave. and River North? Any secondhand designer boutiques? Tailors? Etc.

Thanks in advance.

j crew has fixed shipping now for 8.95 yay. and they have addtnl 30% of their sale.

I copped the Slim Secret Wash lightweight button-down shirt in Van Buren gingham in navy and a white Slim Secret Wash lightweight button-down solid shirt.

Solid light grey suit - would you do the traditional white with a funky tie (grey with other colors that pop out) OR some light color shirt with a tie to compliment it?..maybe a striped shirt? darker grey shirt w/ orange colored tie? whats your take on it?

I wanted to wear some kind of light orange shirt (nothing too/OD bright) because I'm known for wearing a lot of orange by my peers, along with a tie that had both colors incorporated into it. Its gonna be a mission to find something I would go for, but I'm determined (got two weeks til the day).....your thoughts? (something like this maybe in the orange http://www.express.com/1mx-modern-f...24-800/control/page/6/show/3/index.pro#jsLink)

Same suit with black shoes for reference 

I was surprised by how many people weren't familiar with knit ties. 

Mad people were comin' up to me asking what it was.

6073462310_820eb43ded_z.jpg

Also snagged these when I was in TO, for $30 
pimp.gif

6073462366_d5974c71d1_z.jpg

New ToJ1 aka New Varsity now available.
297996_240487872656077_204464202925111_659973_1390319_n.jpg

301154_240487935989404_204464202925111_659975_5964151_n.jpg

296822_240487905989407_204464202925111_659974_7832091_n.jpg

Available colors (set combinations, some with a choice of lining as shown)

9vk4gm.jpg

No other customizations.

notes:

Black, Brown, and olive leather sleeves will be lambskin
Beige, and white will be soft pebbled calfskin

Solid color linings are made of cotton twill, cam linings are made of ripstop cotton.

Camo #1 (as shown in sample) is tan based, with dark olive and black highlights
Camo #2 is tan based, with olive drab and beige highlights
Camo #3 is dark grey based, with black and white tiger stripes

Measurement chart:

2hdw2nt.jpg

Size options: You may adjust the sleeve or body lengths appropriately. No other customizations.

Price: $360 shipped 
smokin.gif
eek.gif
devil.gif

Originally Posted by JordanFreaks

artysm,

I was planning to get my sleeves brought up to how it looks in the picture, I cuffed them in the picture to see how it'd look. The front does kinda feel like it is pinching/tugging, it's a size 36r & I tried on a 38r but it was wider and bigger. Is there anything I could do to prevent/fix the pinching look? I also agree that the tie is too wide for the lapels since you brought it to my attention, I've been going back & forth on a good shirt/tie combo that would be skinnier. For the shoes, I'm still on the hunt for a decent pair, recommend any links? btw, thanks for the C&C!

B/C H&M is mass produced at a rapid pace, some size 38's will be off slightly and not consistent, so try on multiple 38R and get the one that fits best.  I would suggest getting the 38 instead of 36 and getting it tailored.  Easier to make something smaller and more fitted.  However, the price you're paying in alterations may offset the cost of the suit itself.  You're looking at at least $50 in sleeve and waist (maybe shoulder) adjustments.  Make sure the shoulders on the 38 end where your shoulder drops off.  But if you're absolutely swimming in the 38, and no other OTR suit fits you as well, I would stick with the 36, maybe remove the shoulder pads for a more natural shoulder look.  The jacket is pinching but not severely, but you don't want to cross your arms and have the jacket really stretch b/c of the poor fit.  For the person asking about the arm holes, most of H&M suits have high armholes so this suit should be no different.
For shoes, I would either go with a cap toe (good if you have large feet) or plain toe.  You can choose a wingtip or brogue, but I feel this suit needs more of a younger vibe and something more streamlined, especially with your shirt/tie color choices I would go with

Plain Toe
Cap Toe (has brogueing details but you get the idea of the cap toe)

There's a ton of brands from Merona at Target to the above I posted that offer these silhouettes.  Black or brown should do best.  Get the most out of your suit pants with brown shoes (vs black I recommended), maybe rock the pants, brown shoes and a clean white polo or v-neck for an easy weekend.  Or wear the same above, substitute the pants for jeans and wear the jacket.  Get the most out of your purchase.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Anyone here use messenger bags? I'm a 22 y/o college student. I was considering something that's not toooo sophisticated, maybe a timbuk2 commute - small.

Link: http://www.shoebacca.com/...p;utm_pfm=finder_results

If you consider that a no, any suggestions?

what you really want:
http://www.chromebagsstore.com/bags/messenger-bags.html

also since i posted that link, what do you all think about chrome? Pricey for no reason? I like their backpacks and the tobruk and kursk shoes.  The clothing (without graphics) are nice too.

Back
Top Bottom