Dressing better

Originally Posted by Mr Oizo

People like their suits to fit that way. U mad doggy? Get out of here with that some things are timeless bs. If I want to wear a suit that fits like that, catch me. Sorry that we don't have the same taste.
+*!*!% like you are the ones who were hating on people wearing fitted jeans when they just started coming around.

tired.gif
grin.gif
Right, because jeans and suits are really comparable. Jeans are always changing due to trends. Suits are immune to trends. Look at pictures of movie stars from the 1960's, you wouldn't even be able to tell the pictures were old based on the suits. You would never be able to say that about jeans. 

As I said, if you're wearing suits casually, go ahead and wear one that belongs on a 12 year old. But if that's the suit you're wearing to your job or to formal occasions, well, you're gonna look like you're wearing a boy's suit. Maybe that's what you're going for though. 

The vests are really off in those pics. Too tight. Makes everything else look much worse. The torso area just looks uncomfortable.
Just my opinion.

How the hell is a suit immune to trend? Obviously not if they're getting slimmer and slimmer. Have you ever stopped and thought that some people like that look? So just because dudes have been rocking them a certain way for X amount of time that's just cemented in time? Get out of here with that noise
sick.gif
. I don't care what's timeless or "classic" I care about what I myself like. 

How the hell is a suit immune to trend? Obviously not if they're getting slimmer and slimmer. Have you ever stopped and thought that some people like that look? So just because dudes have been rocking them a certain way for X amount of time that's just cemented in time? Get out of here with that noise
sick.gif
. I don't care what's timeless or "classic" I care about what I myself like. 
The "trend" that you think is happening is not really happening. Zara and similar urban stores might be making these "trendy" short/tight suits now, but go into any respected suit maker and see what their suits look like. Lapels might get a bit narrower or wider, pocket styles might change, but the fit of a suit does not suffer trends. Those "Kanye" sunglasses were "trendy" for a while, but I'd hardly say that sunglasses as a whole went through a "Kanye" stage a few years ago. 

Originally Posted by firered18

Hey whats up guys, I lurk this thread hardcore bc im trying to get a more mature look and Ive decided to invest in a pair of boat shoes.  I've decided that black Sperry's look tacky, and now I am down between 2 pairs of brown ones.  I plan for these to be all-purpose(able to wear them with pretty much anything appropriate/any color shirt) can yall help me decide which ones according to that criteria? Here they are:

Here we have the classic Brown leather joints

And here we have the lovely Amaretto joints

Which one is the best choice??

i own the one on top, and i find it to be more versatile. amarettos are nice too. you said the amarettos were lovely, so based on that, get the amarettos lol
oh BTW, i was looking for a new pair of boat shoes myself. if you want the amarettos, hit this link up. its going for $65 for now unless you found a better deal. either shoe is
pimp.gif
 http://www.onlineshoes.com/mens-sperry-top-sider-authentic-original-2-eye-amaretto-p_id18079

Shutter shades are not equal to slimmer suits. 
Not a perfect analogy but honestly those suits are so small that they're not far from shutter shades.
To each his own though, if that's what you want to do, go ahead. I just think it's unfortunate that people seem to think this sort of of look is acceptable as formal/business wear now. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Not a perfect analogy but honestly those suits are so small that they're not far from shutter shades.
To each his own though, if that's what you want to do, go ahead. I just think it's unfortunate that people seem to think this sort of of look is acceptable as formal/business wear now. 
The youth coming through stepping on all you old @*% #$$+%+ timeless trends 
pimp.gif

wink.gif

does anyone know where i can find some decently/cheap priced drivers in NYC? 

it was easy to find the type that i like in asia and europe but i cant for the life of me find nice ones in NYC for some reason, here are some examples...

34g6cue.jpg

24bq439.jpg

b4zs4o.jpg

ouslfa.jpg

pimp.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by tonton32

it was easy to find the type that i like in asia and europe but i cant for the life of me find nice ones in NYC for some reason, here are some examples...

34g6cue.jpg

24bq439.jpg

b4zs4o.jpg

ouslfa.jpg

pimp.gif
nerd.gif

Check century 21. I picked up a few pairs by Tommy Hilfiger a few weeks ago for $45 a pop.

Picked up a pair of red suede, navy suede, and brown leather.

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

^ Where and how much?
pimp.gif

those are all mr. porters, each are $400....must be nice
ohwell.gif

i got similar pairs from italian brand stefano rossi except they dont have a store in the US, and dont ship from what i know.

retroflashbacks

thanks a lot fam, i'll make my way over there this friday
pimp.gif

24bq439.jpg

ouslfa.jpg

pimp.gif
nerd.gif

Need to grab these as these would be perfect for daily wear to work
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

I want to get one of my suits taken in to fit like this picture.

35m3b07.jpg

What do I ask the tailor to do to it?
Buy suits that are 2-4 sizes too small for you and then ask a tailor to make them even smaller.
All of these suits fit horribly. Some think that as long as a suit isn't baggy, tightness/shortness is never a problem. It is. The jackets are comically short, the torsos pull horribly, and the sleeves one most of them are way too tight. Suits should be timeless in design and fit. 

Maybe you could pull off a suit like this to go to a club or a hipster poetry reading or something, but I would honestly laugh at someone that wore a suit that fit this poorly to a formal occasion or an interview or office.

I know that sounds harsh or like an overreaction, but this is seriously getting out of hand.
30t6p3b.gif

the creasing says it all..

if that boy took one step in any of those suits, buttons and stitching would be bussin left right centre
laugh.gif

that being said, some of the colours are quite nice
smile.gif

The youth coming through stepping on all you old @*% #$$+%+ timeless trends 
pimp.gif

wink.gif
Generaiya would love to see "the youth" get hired at any place that required business formal for the interview, in these "new, trendy, slim" suits.
#wonthappen

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

it was easy to find the type that i like in asia and europe but i cant for the life of me find nice ones in NYC for some reason, here are some examples..

pimp.gif
nerd.gif

Check century 21. I picked up a few pairs by Tommy Hilfiger a few weeks ago for $45 a pop.

Picked up a pair of red suede, navy suede, and brown leather.

Go looks, headed to Cent21 later to see if I can find acouple pairs.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

I want to get one of my suits taken in to fit like this picture.

35m3b07.jpg

What do I ask the tailor to do to it?

What designer is this?

Whyteryder will you post what types of loafers you find at century 21? I want a navy or grey pair of loafers like that and that $45 price point is awesome.

Anyone know where I can find skinny leg/tapered sweatpants? I'm a dancer and usually wear Vans when I dance, but if I wear any type of lowtop sneaker with regular sweats, it looks like I'm wearing parachute pants...

Here's an example:

I checked the comments, and everyone was saying that apparently the girl's mom custom-makes them in Houston and sells/ships them herself, but I went to the World of Dance NY hip-hop dance competition and saw a whole team from Jersey rocking red ones with their logo on it -- definitely not all made by the girl's mom.

Anybody have an ideas on what they're even called?

And no, they're not like the weird, super-low seated spandex ones the Black Eyed Peas wear... they're regular sweatpants with a really tapered leg.

Edit, here's the dance team:

Originally Posted by So Slickening

Anyone know where I can find skinny leg/tapered sweatpants? I'm a dancer and usually wear Vans when I dance, but if I wear any type of lowtop sneaker with regular sweats, it looks like I'm wearing parachute pants...

Here's an example:

I checked the comments, and everyone was saying that apparently the girl's mom custom-makes them in Houston and sells/ships them herself, but I went to the World of Dance NY hip-hop dance competition and saw a whole team from Jersey rocking red ones with their logo on it -- definitely not all made by the girl's mom.

Anybody have an ideas on what they're even called?

And no, they're not like the weird, super-low seated spandex ones the Black Eyed Peas wear... they're regular sweatpants with a really tapered leg.
http://chachimomma.com/

^ I saw that site, but I was looking around for a more general source, cause I know she's the the ONLY one that makes those kinds of sweatpants. Check out my post edit. They have to be somewhere.

Here's another picture:

253885_134592509948971_100001946696131_236935_5864068_n.jpg

laugh.gif
@ some of the guys in the pic.

Back
Top Bottom