Dressing better

That Versace gear looks extremely gaudy. Type of gear you see douche bags wearing in Vegas, waiting in line to get into clubs lol

That Versace gear looks extremely gaudy. Type of gear you see douche bags wearing in Vegas, waiting in line to get into clubs lol

Originally Posted by solesavage

How does the two top jacket look gaudy?
versaceforhm-mens-prices-03.png

Ok guys i have a Question, particularly for the OGs in here like rfx nacho nii etc,..idk if its been asked before but in the workplace or interviews (job or, law school or med school interviews) are skinny / slim ties considered unprofessional? I have some important interviews coming up and the ties i own range from slim to skinny but most of them are solid colors. I was wondering if i should switch it up and cop some wider ties? my suits are trim fitted so i always thought the narrower tie looked better, but it seems like no one in the corporate world wears them..at least where im at..

Originally Posted by SN Souljah

Ok guys i have a Question, particularly for the OGs in here like rfx nacho nii etc,..idk if its been asked before but in the workplace or interviews (job or, law school or med school interviews) are skinny / slim ties considered unprofessional? I have some important interviews coming up and the ties i own range from slim to skinny but most of them are solid colors. I was wondering if i should switch it up and cop some wider ties? my suits are trim fitted so i always thought the narrower tie looked better, but it seems like no one in the corporate world wears them..at least where im at..
I wear slim and skinny ties to work, I work in banking...personally I think what looks better on me (slim and skinny as opposed to wider ties) should be what is worn.  If I wore a wide tie (3.5"+), it would literally take up over a third of my chest lol, not a good look!  For an INTERVIEW though...I would go for a SLIM tie, not skinny.  When I was interviewing in September, I wore slim ties on consecutive interviews, and I got call backs on both of them.  Was the reason I got called back on these interviews because of my tie choice?  Noooooooooooo, so don't stress about that so much.  And I even wore a peak-lapel suit, which everybody says is a no-no too.  Just don't fret about clothing so much.

Slim ties should be acceptable, skinny not so much. For the most part, try and wear your tie to match the width of your jackets lapel. It might look awkward if the lapel is on the wide side and the tie is rather slim or vice versa.

Slim ties are fine if the suit matches. The fit of your suit and the width of your tie need to be cohesive. 
business-wardrobe-intro.jpg

Damn I got wedding in 2 weeks.. will post pics of fit.

Need to find me some brown wingtips

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Slim ties are fine if the suit matches. The fit of your suit and the width of your tie need to be cohesive. 
business-wardrobe-intro.jpg

Having that built is soooo ideal for that fit....if I was this slim I'd be in suits everyday.

Do yall cop suits online? And what are some good places to go where reps actually know what they are talking about/good tailors? I`m never going to Mens Warehouse or something like that again. Dudes be tryna get you in a steve harvey junt.

couple recent fits/pick ups
Uniqlo flannel shirt on sale this week for $19.90
tumblr_lutyi7X7PC1qc6uifo1_500.jpg
IMG_20111117_191501.jpg

IMG_20111117_191615.jpg

Cheap Monday black suede jacket & J.Crew corduroy pants
IMG_20111117_202829.jpg

Best slim fitting leathers in my budget, ALL SAINTS!
untitled%252520%25252818%252520of%25252050%252529.jpg

untitled%252520%252528164%252520of%252520217%252529-2.jpg

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

I'm torn between these navy suede DBS and these leather blue DBS we really don't get much snow if any here in Tx which one would be better for the winter
DBS arent warm for winter bro...btw suede is harder to take care of
wink.gif

Atlanta's NTers... I am reaching out to you for your support of your attendance in an upcoming show (Fashion, Art, Hair and Nails). I am a stylist for the show and will be assisting Siimone Victoria with the runway. The show will be held tonight - Friday, November 18, 2011 at 8pm to 1am at Ambient Plus Studio. It would be an honor to have you as a guest.

$20. Free Valet Parking, Free Drinks, Free Finger Food and Deserts...

Click on Link for Comcast Press Release: Atlanta Profile - Comcast Press Release

Lions & Legends Men’s Fall Fashion Show

Ambient Plus Studio

8pm, Friday November 18, 2011

585 Wells St. SW

Unit A, Atlanta, GA 30312

Men: Black Tie Event/Black Suits/Slacks and Shirts

Women: Dress Up colorful or bold with black

Originally Posted by dyyhard

if you signed up at hautelook, check your email. they have a redeemable $20 gift certificate to nordstrom rack - no min, only good in store.

Thanks for the heads up but I can't find it.

Originally Posted by RFX45

if you signed up at hautelook, check your email. they have a redeemable $20 gift certificate to nordstrom rack - no min, only good in store.

sent the 16th Nov.

2s0jssk.jpg

link is unique for each individual so i can't post it. exp 12/15/11.

I'm going to try and get my hands on these 2 items from the H&M Versace collection. Will this make for a nice suit? The price seems very affordable. Suggestions are appreciated!

839360af5d170b407dcd3a9b0a4575d8c379df69.jpg

I'm considering wearing something like this to my wife's company Christmas party which is formal. Pic is from style blogger:
09-copy2-681x1024.jpg

Got a Navy suite.  I need brown shoes to go with it.  Any suggestions?
price range sub $150 ideally.  I need something job interview ready.

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by RFX45

sent the 16th Nov.

2s0jssk.jpg

link is unique for each individual so i can't post it. exp 12/15/11.
Crap, I delete all the e-mails I get from them. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by maulrat

I'm going to try and get my hands on these 2 items from the H&M Versace collection. Will this make for a nice suit? The price seems very affordable. Suggestions are appreciated!

839360af5d170b407dcd3a9b0a4575d8c379df69.jpg

I'm considering wearing something like this to my wife's company Christmas party which is formal. Pic is from style blogger:
09-copy2-681x1024.jpg

Suit is nice, I'd check out the "sheen" though and how it looks in person. With that said, if I walk into an H&M and it is sitting in the racks, it'll probably be insta-copped.

Back
Top Bottom