Dressing better

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I've never seen "fitted" labeled on a pair of jeans. Generally, look for labels such as "straight" or "slim" or even "tapered."

me either i thought "straight" was the best way to go i just wasn't sure.

I should explain a bit more in detail. Fitted will vary from each person to the next. The concept of fitted is to contour to the shape of that particularperson. To a super skinny person, skinny jeans may very well be fitted. But to a guy with big thighs, ie a body builder, that person may need to go withstraight or boot cut for a fitted style.

Just want to get an idea of what you folks do with your belt on a trench.

I was probably gonna tie it and leave it hanging from the back since its already pretty fitted or just tie it in the front if i feel like wearing it that way.

Anyone have other creative methods? or ones that look good?

---also. respects to the big homie for the hookup
pimp.gif
you know who you are.

PSA: Esquire's "Big Black Book" is out and has some nice ideas and pieces. After a quick look through, I have affirmed that I need some chelseaboots in my life.

has anyone seen fits with denim jackets dressed up with a tie if so pics please or any tips im really trying to wear mine out this weekend with a pair ofslacks but i kinda wanna get dressed up at the same time

Ordered the Paul Smith Bihar tonight.
pimp.gif
Normally wear a size 10 in Converse Jack Purcell's and went with a UK8.

The Nom de Guerre deck hoody I bought off styleforum came in too.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

pimp.gif
Where did you get them?

Originally Posted by SFN 155

pimp.gif
Where did you get them?
RFX recommended milanclothing.com as one of the cheaper places online plus they also have a 10% discount code when you use milan10 atcheckout. The price is much lower than other US retailers. Keep in mind the sizing is UK.

my jeans often make the back of my shoes dirty, I guess the jeans hit the ground from time to time when walking and pulls the dirt up? Everyone else have thisissue?

Originally Posted by manamazing55

my jeans often make the back of my shoes dirty, I guess the jeans hit the ground from time to time when walking and pulls the dirt up? Everyone else have this issue?
It's not your jeans. This happens because if you take a closer look, as you walk...the edge of the midsole/sole make contact with the ground. It's especially very noticeable on shoes like Chucks and Vans.

Anyone else rock scarfs in the winter? I started doing this my freshman year in college and it was gay at the time. Then Kanye did it, and everyone by thebus loads followed.

To those asking how to wear jean jackets, just wear them with contrasting color jean pants.
The days of having jean suits are over, it shouldn't even have gotten started to begin with.
As for wearing it with a tie, very difficult to pull off. I hate to use Kanye as an example but if you do not have the same confidence level as he does, thenchances are you can't pull it off.
Celebrities can get away with it but regular with regular guys, it'll be difficult to pull off and wouldn't suggest it.

WJ4, I don't think scarves were ever gay, a lot of men from colder parts of the country wears them constantly.
Now if you wore scarves with a beater and basketball shorts, then that is... well... I don't know what that is but it isn't good.
And yes, I've seen people do it and it is ridiculous. A scarf with a sweater or jacket is perfectly fine.
I wasn't into it either but one day several years I took a scarf from my girl and wore it as a joke and it looked good.
It was just a neutral grey, so nothing too girly, but it worked. I still don't own one though, I really don't see the need here in SoCal other thanmaybe for like 4-5 days of that intense cold we get here.

Sunday - Just out to chill and relax

Ben Sherman shirt - Paul Smith belt - Levis 511 grey trouser/denim - YSL sneakers - Chanel J12 watch

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by manamazing55

my jeans often make the back of my shoes dirty, I guess the jeans hit the ground from time to time when walking and pulls the dirt up? Everyone else have this issue?
It's not your jeans. This happens because if you take a closer look, as you walk...the edge of the midsole/sole make contact with the ground. It's especially very noticeable on shoes like Chucks and Vans.

Anyone else rock scarfs in the winter? I started doing this my freshman year in college and it was gay at the time. Then Kanye did it, and everyone by the bus loads followed.

well the inside of the jeans, in the back get dirty so Im thinking something isnt right. It makes me not want to wear nicer shoes with jeans

pimp.gif

The Nom de Guerre deck hoody I bought off styleforum came in too.
smile.gif

Can you tell me how those UK8's fit? A little bit or small? I'm a 10.5 in Purcell's.

^^^
Oh man, sorry Boys Noize, I would have suggested getting a UK7 or UK7.5.
I guarantee the UK 8 will be huge on you, sorry. I wear a 10 in Jack Purcells and could easily fit in a UK6.5 with dress socks.
I wish you the best though and good luck. Let me know how it turns out.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Damn RFX...just Damn...

laugh.gif
was it that bad? I know it's a bit more street than usual but I think it is still dressing better in a way.
laugh.gif

If that was a compliment, then forget what I just said and thanks.
happy.gif

I have a couple scarves in my closet. Unlike SoCal, it does get cold in the Bay Area. I never thought they were gay but when I was in high school, some of myfriends use to think they were. I was warm so I didn't really give a damn
laugh.gif
. I've never worn and don't plan to wear those horribleArab-influenced scarves that people seem to wear year round though.

Speaking of scarves, I actually designed my own a few summers ago after I had taken a few fashion construction classes. I really liked it but the fabric I usedwas weird and it was too short. I'm thinking of remaking it soon.

RFX, excuse my reluctance to search thru the previous posts, but where did you get the levis trousers?

i know "the levis store" can be the obvious answer, but i know they don't always sell they're entire line of jeans. for example, i got my 514rigid's at Urban Outfitters because they didn't have them at the levis store.

The Levis 511 trousers that are thinner like chinos I got from levis.com.
For some reason, the Levis stores doesn't carry these or at least not the ones I've seen.
The Levis 511 trousers that are thicker like jeans I got from PacSun.
Most PacSun stores carry the khaki, grey and brown ones. The one I am wearing in the pic in this page is the PacSun Levis 511 trousers while the grey ones I amwearing in in the other page is the thinner Levis.com 511 trousers.

I also noticed that stock of this pants varies by Urban Outfitters store. They do have the 511 trouser at urbanoutfitters.com in khaki color though, it iscalled British Khaki I think.
You can order and try them on and just return them in the store if it doesn't fit.

Originally Posted by RFX45

^^^
Oh man, sorry Boys Noize, I would have suggested getting a UK7 or UK7.5.
I guarantee the UK 8 will be huge on you, sorry. I wear a 10 in Jack Purcells and could easily fit in a UK6.5 with dress socks.
I wish you the best though and good luck. Let me know how it turns out.
Oh damn. Well, I just shot milanclothing an e-mail inquiring about the sizing and whether they had a UK7 in stock. They haven't shipped myorder yet so we shall see.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom