Dressing better

Drove an hour to my nearest H&M. A lot of nice stuff...

I walked in with my gym clothes and everyone was looking at me crazy, ROFL.

I'll be sure to make a trip back there in the future.

I still don't even have 1 COMPLETE OUTFIT, that I'd consider more on the casual, mature side...

I have a huge list though.
smile.gif
Not sure if that's a good thing. Heh.

Anyways... Serious question. So... I've been thinking recently about getting rid of my entire shoe collection... But I can't. One reason being, thatI've spent thousands on clothesxshoesxfittedsxaccessories over the years, and feel it'd be a HUGE WASTE.

How did you guys make that transition? Or do you still have the old clothes and wear it occasionally? I'm sure you all collected shoes at one point oranother so give me some advice!
ohwell.gif

Oh... And I'm partial on the two. I'm still young. Yeah I know, sort of answered my own question.
laugh.gif

I have a wall of sneaker boxes that rarely ever get to see the light of day. One of these days I'll get around to selling them

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

I still don't even have 1 COMPLETE OUTFIT, that I'd consider more on the casual, mature side...

smile.gif

Anyways... Serious question. So... I've been thinking recently about getting rid of my entire shoe collection... But I can't. One reason being, that I've spent thousands on clothesxshoesxfittedsxaccessories over the years, and feel it'd be a HUGE WASTE.

How did you guys make that transition? Or do you still have the old clothes and wear it occasionally? I'm sure you all collected shoes at one point or another so give me some advice!
ohwell.gif

Oh... And I'm partial on the two. I'm still young. Yeah I know, sort of answered my own question.
laugh.gif
part with your collection gradually. it makes the transition a lot easier.

smile.gif

Anyways... Serious question. So... I've been thinking recently about getting rid of my entire shoe collection... But I can't. One reason being, that I've spent thousands on clothesxshoesxfittedsxaccessories over the years, and feel it'd be a HUGE WASTE.

How did you guys make that transition? Or do you still have the old clothes and wear it occasionally? I'm sure you all collected shoes at one point or another so give me some advice!
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
I imagine it'd be tough. I personally never had a "collection." I bought Nikes and all but I only bought the shoes I really likedand wanted to wear (which was never more than 10 pairs at a time.) I have a few fitteds but I never bought too many because I keep my hair long and fitteds +long hair = not a good look (for me anyway
laugh.gif
)

I've been making the transition gradually and it's been pretty smooth. I don't plan to go all the way and dress like everyone on superfuture orstyleforum but i want to incorporate bits and pieces from that kind of fashion and also streetwear. Most of the time I'm still going to be in a hoody andjeans, it's just the look is different now. Gone are the Large and XL (
sick.gif
) sizes, enter the smalls and mediums. Gone are ridiculous loud colors and allover patterns, enter considered color palettes and an emphasis on quality.

Agreed.... I've found myself doing the same thing as of late, the past year or two. Yes the shoe game is big and the technology and history always makesyou want them, but as stated, it's a gradual transition. i remember last year I moved all of my shoes to my apt in eugene... but now more htan half areback home and i just have some gym shoes, running shoes, and casuals like blazers, jacks, or chucks. When it comes to clothes, i've found myself trying todress more "mature" or just simpler/cleaner, though there are those days where it's no questions jeans/hoody or sweats/hoody. the process happensslowly but you start to realize that you kind of need to grow up and clean up a bit. it's funny i don't even have a lot of tshirts with logos/designsor anything on them anymore; most of my tshirts are basic ts and v necks. I've found myself looking for more fitted jeans and shirts, pulling off thecardigans, vests, etc... you can't necessarily jump into it, your wardrobe changes as you do; my priorities have changed, it being my 3rd year in college ilook back at myself in hs and it's amazing, the transformation. but don't worry about it, the collection will slowly diminish, i'm in the samedilemma/process as you as are a lot of us.

haha i hear you man, i was not, and i repeat, was not a fan of vests. i actually just thought they looked tacky, then i hadda get one for my uncle'swedding and then i ended up just wearing it casually sometimes and now i'm on the lookout for deals. As for jeans I was all about the 527s in hs, but withsomeone with my build, 5'5 135 athletic, especially now since i can't really gym and swole like i was over the summer due to school, i'm all aboutthe 511s, sometimes the 514s. I remember this summer always looking for khakis and whatnot, it's weird how much change happens through the years, but likei said before you just realize that you need to make changes to yourself and your appearance. plus the better you look the better you feel about yourself jsutas why i gym so much, not only will my clothes fit better, but i feel more confident in all those clothes and in my own skin. I'm sure within a year or twomy collection will be maybe nothing, even with basketball shoes; i coach basketball but i've had a falling out with playing and all id rather do is coachand train kids and myself. haha my ex girlfriend who's actually one of my best friends mentioned it to me just recently how much i've changed from bodyto personality which translated to the way i dress and present myself.

I remember when I use to think 501s were slim fit.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
I have a pair of size 34 evisu's and size 36 501 STF's lying around somewhere. I'm a 30waist..

^^^ Thanks for the responses you guys. Really appreciate it.

Now I feel maddd guilty about ordering 2 caps a week ago that I could've used to buy a pea coat I wanted at H&M. I know I won't wear these mucheither....

Btw, Boyz Noize, if you don't mind me asking, what's your weight and height?

I still mostly wear size large shirts and am slowly making that transition... I'm thinking I'd be good in medium... ( 5'10, 165 lb)

I don't want to start buying medium, and then realize I need to go to smaller size, like I've been doing since 8th grade because I've been wastingmoney doing that too. I try on medium, looks good, so far, but sizing for me is tentative. I'd like a size that really fits this time. I'm aware thereare exceptions for different brands/clothes but I mean generally. I need a size I can go, "I'll try on size __ first" .Also, I can't imaginemyself wearing ridiculously tight shirts. (By that I mean... TIGHT TIGHT, like the shirts the buff guys wear to show their muscles) ROFL

haha yeah... i'm a solid 28/29 waist... so i'm at 30/30 for my 511s. it sucks being my size though cuz the length is long and i'm too lazy andbroke as a college student to get anything tailored right now haha. i told my friend that and she always jokes about how i'm "sucha girl" when itcomes to clothing now. but yeah i definitely had to size up in 511s because of lifting i have semi big thighs. usually i stick to levis, paper&denim, orsome gap premiums that u can found in the outlets for cheap. i was never into 501s, i actually never wore a pore of jeans to school or bought one til about 8thgrade, it's crazy to look back at those days or visit people from those days or before and they tell you how much you've changed. People tell me allthe time how much more mature and grown i look because of how i've filled out into my body a bit more and how much cleaner i dress without those tacky biglogo/design shirts like ones you'd find on karmaloop, grantd some i still wouldn't mind purchasing but yeah. this fall/winter will be a lot of thermalwear, the vneck sweater, etc, i just need to find me a peacoat or a woolcoat haha now that'll be the day i actually get a long wool/peacoat; i hate thatthough, like you know you want to make the jump but your insecurities and incertainty of something new especially with wardrobe holds you back.

^^^ Thanks for the responses you guys. Really appreciate it.

Now I feel maddd guilty about ordering 2 caps a week ago that I could've used to buy a pea coat I wanted at H&M. I know I won't wear these much either....

Btw, Boyz Noize, if you don't mind me asking, what's your weight and height?

I still mostly wear size large shirts and am slowly making that transition... I'm thinking I'd be good in medium... ( 5'10, 165 lb)

I don't want to start buying medium, and then realize I need to go to smaller size, like I've been doing since 8th grade because I've been wasting money doing that too. I try on medium, looks good, so far, but sizing for me is tentative. I'd like a size that really fits this time. Also, I can't imagine myself wearing ridiculously tight shirts. (By that I mean... TIGHT TIGHT, like the shirts the buff guys wear to show their muscles) ROFL
I'm 5'11, 170 (trying to get down to 160
laugh.gif
)

I know not everyone 160-170 have the same build but for your height I think a medium would be the perfect fit. Speaking in broad terms, since the sizing variespretty erratically from brand to brand, I try to get medium in most things.

For shirts, the gap between small and medium isn't too crazy for most brands I've tried. Small will obviously be a more fitted look and medium a bitmore relaxed. Solid colors and gingham patterns I tend to get in small for versatility's sake. I can wear it a bit more formal or casual. For plaids, Iusually get medium because I feel plaid shirts are more relaxed? It's not extremely loose or anything but it's more casual looking for sure.

T-shirt sizing is pretty erratic. I wear smalls in plain v-necks from Banana Republic but I wear larges in American Apparel tees (could probably go down tomedium). For comparison, as far as streetwear brands go, I wear a medium in Supreme and larges can work (though it's long.)

Hoodies I wear strictly mediums now. Doesn't matter where they're from. US/Canada mediums fit a bit more relaxed (Supreme/Reigning Champ) andJapanese/European mediums are more fitted (Nom de Guerre.)

Sweaters I wear small because they stretch and look better fitted anyway. Nothing looks worse than a loose/baggy sweater (unless if you're going down thathigh fashion route
laugh.gif
grin.gif
)

Boys Noize-

hey man... loose sweaters for lazy college days FTW =PP lol
but yeah T shirt sizing sucks... generally i'm a small
but ther eare some ts a medium seems fitted
with my vnecks I try to stick to smalls, but bdgs from urban I have to get a xs

though cleaning up a bit can be expensive, it can save you money too
i know for sure it's saved me money, specifically with nike haha
having worked at he employee store i have my ways of getting in
and specifically the sizing on athletic apparel and whatnot has allowed me to save money =]]

i'm hoping by summer i'll be a good 145-155 with low bodyfat
therefore my clothes will fit just as well as they did during the summer

Damn, you really went in-depth. 'Preciate it though! I'm aware of the different sizing for different clothes/brands.
smile.gif
* Hence the edit.

I'll learn to make exceptions here and there as I try on the clothing. I doubt I'll need to go any larger than medium though.

Once, again, thanks!

For those in LA

Don't even bother hitting up the Nordstrom's Rack at the Beverly center

that place is so small. the clothes are the normal %*%!+%@++ ed hardy type clothes. shoe selection + volume severely lacking.

nothing on sale yet because it's still new.

found me a really nice stussy flannel though at the marshalls next door. fits perfectly.

*edit* I sure do love me some shawl collars.
smokin.gif

I was looking at that jacket at the Levi's store. Looked pretty nice but I didn't try it on. Anyone know how that fits?

What you guys think about these Gucci Hi coda ? Not my picture but i saw these at my Nordstrom Rack on sale for half the price $260 after tax
eyes.gif
. I would def buy if they are in the $100 range

Originally Posted by KenJi714

What you guys think about these Gucci Hi coda ? Not my picture but i saw these at my Nordstrom Rack on sale for half the price $260 after tax
eyes.gif
. I would def buy if they are in the $100 range

Who's that in ur avy?

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by manamazing55

my jeans often make the back of my shoes dirty, I guess the jeans hit the ground from time to time when walking and pulls the dirt up? Everyone else have this issue?
It's not your jeans. This happens because if you take a closer look, as you walk...the edge of the midsole/sole make contact with the ground. It's especially very noticeable on shoes like Chucks and Vans.

Anyone else rock scarfs in the winter? I started doing this my freshman year in college and it was gay at the time. Then Kanye did it, and everyone by the bus loads followed.

On a daily basis. Been doing it for YEARS.

None of those hypebeast ones though. Simple colors, tied, tucked into the peacoat.
pimp.gif

To those wondering about unloading their collection...I did it slowly during my 2nd-3rd year in college. It worked out for me because hypebeast was in fulleffect back then. I sold my worn SB's for more than what I paid for. The only 2 pairs of Nike's I have left are my Zoom Kobe IV's and Zoom BBII's used for balling.

I took an L with fitted hats, just threw them on Craigslist for $10-15 a pop and sold most pretty quick.

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

Originally Posted by wj4

Tonight... (not really sure what happened to the right hand, I guess it's that fast fabbing motion
laugh.gif
)
10dxkdx.jpg

your vest/shirt pics have been
pimp.gif
but c'mon? seriously? pants looks terrible.

I like the cuffs, gives it that "fashion foward" look instead of plane jane...

Back
Top Bottom