Dressing better

I'm having a hard time nowadays deciding on jeans. I like Levi's but their jeans don't have variety of washes, I like Gap but for the pricethey're charging quality isn't wear I would like it.

Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by shoeshi

what kind of fit do you go for in your denim?
I go for fitted to skinny. I would go skinnier if I didn't play basketball on occasion and have thicker thighs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I'm having a hard time nowadays deciding on jeans. I like Levi's but their jeans don't have variety of washes, I like Gap but for the price they're charging quality isn't wear I would like it.

Any suggestions?
Really? Where have you been looking and what are you looking for? I think Levi's has a pretty wide variety.

^^^ I agree, Levis has a pretty big wash choices. Levis.com and UrbanOutfitters has so many to choose from.
Macys is also loaded with a lot of choices, and Levis seems to be focusing more on 514's than the 511's.

Nice fit Boys Noize, jacket fits nicely. Is it ZARA's real leather jacket or faux?

WJ4, I like your combo, is the knit tie J. Crew?

Awesome fit on the H&M suit conv3rge. looks good with the red tie too, nice touch but I'm not too fond of the shoes.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I'm having a hard time nowadays deciding on jeans. I like Levi's but their jeans don't have variety of washes, I like Gap but for the price they're charging quality isn't wear I would like it.

Any suggestions?
Levi's does have a pretty good variety of washes though. Out of all the more reasonably priced denim brands out there, I'd say they havethe most variety. Like RFX said, Levi's is pushing a lot of different styles of 514's out.

edit: RFX - the ZARA jacket is real leather. I really like the fit of it. It ends right at the waist line.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by shoeshi

what kind of fit do you go for in your denim?
I go for fitted to skinny. I would go skinnier if I didn't play basketball on occasion and have thicker thighs
laugh.gif
haha yeah i feel you i hate having thick legs especially thighs
ohwell.gif

BTW, for any of you guys considering the Imprints, keep in mind, these bleed a lot more than your regular run of the mill raw denim jeans. I wouldn't wearthem with shoes you cared about getting dirty. You wouldn't want to get rid of the excess dye before wearing either because that would make gettingImprints completely pointless. So yeah, if you do decide to go with these, just ride it out a few weeks/months and wear beaters when you have them on.

BTW, for any of you guys considering the Imprints, keep in mind, these bleed a lot more than your regular run of the mill raw denim jeans. I wouldn't wear them with shoes you cared about getting dirty. You wouldn't want to get rid of the excess dye before wearing either because that would make getting Imprints completely pointless. So yeah, if you do decide to go with these, just ride it out a few weeks/months and wear beaters when you have them on.
I know it's on levis.com but where did you get yours from?

ive noticed dudes in this thread post better fits than the guys at styleforum. and whats the chances of me finding real zara leather jackets on ebay?

Originally Posted by sole searchin

BTW, for any of you guys considering the Imprints, keep in mind, these bleed a lot more than your regular run of the mill raw denim jeans. I wouldn't wear them with shoes you cared about getting dirty. You wouldn't want to get rid of the excess dye before wearing either because that would make getting Imprints completely pointless. So yeah, if you do decide to go with these, just ride it out a few weeks/months and wear beaters when you have them on.
I know it's on levis.com but where did you get yours from?
I went to the Levi's store in San Francisco. I wanted to try them on first since I hadn't purchased any Levi's since my old 501wearing days
laugh.gif
The Imprints are only carried in select stores and onlineright?

RFX,

I know you're a boot fanatic..and i'm just starting to look into it..

just a quick question..do you think these boots can be pulled off with jeans?
v6opeg.jpg

these are by Stacy Adams and it's only $100. Hows the brand? I personally never heard of it...but like i said, i'm just starting to get into boots.haha

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

RFX,

I know you're a boot fanatic..and i'm just starting to look into it..

just a quick question..do you think these boots can be pulled off with jeans?
v6opeg.jpg

these are by Stacy Adams and it's only $100. Hows the brand? I personally never heard of it...but like i said, i'm just starting to get into boots. haha

Definitely. These aren't my pics and these shoes are Alden Jumpers but they are pretty similar and I think they look great with jeans.
I might pre-order myself a pair in black calf.
f_tfo9qj4wyy4m_c50162d.jpg

f_tfo9qj4wyy4m_3d0fc10.jpg

f_pkiqa0h0ehnm_96482cf.jpg

@JKISSI7 Where can I get those beads on your bracelets without chinese symbols? I can easily find the buddisht ones but they have the writing which i dislike..

Looks like the fits are beginning to pick up ... Good to see more folks posting. Fits for the week:

Friday:

Thursday:

Wednesday:

Monday:

Saturday:

^^fresh

can we start having a dressing better with a budget?

this thread makes me salty and my pockets are broke as hell
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bns1201

^^fresh

laugh.gif
Nii gets his stuff on sale as well. The only baller here is RFX with his $1,000 sneakers and $10,000 wrist watches.
laugh.gif

Right now is the perfect time to buy summer gear...I see boat shoes on sale for $30-40, shorts for around $20-30, etc.

^^ word, you can pull off a lot of these looks for cheap if you have the patience to wait for sales. Thats what I do.

I like that saturday fit btw, nicely done.

Originally Posted by wj4

^^fresh

laugh.gif
Nii gets his stuff on sale as well. The only baller here is RFX with his $1,000 sneakers and $10,000 wrist watches.
laugh.gif

Right now is the perfect time to buy summer gear...I see boat shoes on sale for $30-40, shorts for around $20-30, etc.

lol ... and you know this how? your answer is part right and part wrong.

to answer the OPs question - i have explained before that i get my items from a variety of sources ... anywhere from ebay to thrift stores to full price. itsreally about knowing what goes with what ... and how much you are willing to pay for an item. if it is exactly what i'm looking for, i wont mind payingfull price, but if its something that will add to my wardrobe, i'll probably wait on a sale.

but yes - you dont need to be a baller to dress well.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

wj4 wrote:

bns1201 wrote:

^^fresh

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

lol ... and you know this how? your answer is part right and part wrong.

to answer the OPs question - i have explained before that i get my items from a variety of sources ... anywhere from ebay to thrift stores to full price. its really about knowing what goes with what ... and how much you are willing to pay for an item. if it is exactly what i'm looking for, i wont mind paying full price, but if its something that will add to my wardrobe, i'll probably wait on a sale.

but yes - you dont need to be a baller to dress well.

haha i forgot to add that im 6'10'' skinny as $%%% so its tough to find some nice fitting clothing.

I'm like a 33x36 in jeans and theyre impossible to find on the cheap plus dress shirts/jackets are nice fitting but the sleeves make me look like donjohnson on the reg

haha i forgot to add that im 6'10'' skinny as $%%% so its tough to find some nice fitting clothing.

I'm like a 33x36 in jeans and theyre impossible to find on the cheap plus dress shirts/jackets are nice fitting but the sleeves make me look like don johnson on the reg

yeah - that is tough to get around. a tailor could help with shirts though, if you are willing to pay the extra for alterations. a lot of my clothes go totailors for alterations even after i buy them RTW. buy the best fitting shirts/jackets etc ... and strike a relationship with a great tailor to transform themfrom good to great.

6'10 and skinny!?! My god son what did you do all your life to not be an athletic beast!?! or NOT DO?
laugh.gif

I honestly can't buy anymore clothes.. I'll be 30lbs lighter by New Years. So it would be money down the drain.

RFX, I know you a slim dude.. So if you got any sz M-L clothes from your heftier days that you don't want definitely let me know.

Back
Top Bottom