Dressing better

I' am looking for some inexpensive black and brown one piece lace-ups I think is what you call them. I guess in the $50-$100 range, but i can go higher ifthey were like 50% off of $300 OR something.

I got a few vneck and cardigan sweaters, but I feel like its wrong to wear em with a just a clean white tee underneath, what should i go with under the sweaterlike a dress shirt and bowtie/tie?

Originally Posted by Killmatic07

I got a few vneck and cardigan sweaters, but I feel like its wrong to wear em with a just a clean white tee underneath, what should i go with under the sweater like a dress shirt and bowtie/tie?

Damn son, no lie i was going to post something similar to this 20 mins ago.
laugh.gif

I like the v-neck cardigan with a plain v-neck shirt under it look throw a scarf on with that.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I guess same could be said for the sweater.

Dress shirt and tie is just a little too over the top for me in most situations I 'm in.. Like, I'd rock a cardigan/vneck sweater to school, butthrowing a dress shirt and tie under it wouldn't be appropriate.

Anyone ever order off Asos.com before? Legit? And how were the shipping times?

Gotta find me a code now. Blah

--edit, sweet, found a 20% code.

Everything is set, just deciding if I should hit checkout or not.
Item in question...
_5897074.jpg

stan, asos is legit man. my friend got one shipped to vancouver he said it was good service, i dont know about the shipping time.

and you need to pull the trigger on that trench!

Originally Posted by nocomment6

I gotta learn how to tie a tie.
It's pretty easy to do. Just make sure the knot is appropriate for whatever shirt you're working with and it fills the gap in nicely.

For a full windsor knot, I found this video to be pretty helpful. I used to always get confuse on when to bring it back up from behind.

I would never wear a cardigan with a t shirt under it, I always do it with a dress shirt and tie. The only times I would wear t shirt under a v neck sweateris when the sweaters are fitted and I know a long sleeve dress shirt would not fit under.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by nocomment6

I would never wear a cardigan with a t shirt under it, I always do it with a dress shirt and tie. The only times I would wear t shirt under a v neck sweater is when the sweaters are fitted and I know a long sleeve dress shirt would not fit under.
I can't agree w/ this but to each there own.. I can't see my self throwing on a shirt and tie every time I wear a cardigan or v-necksweater.,. They're considered "casual" for a reason.

I guess I could join the fit extravaganza..

ca4150e35a314904eddffda446fca98ce6b448a.jpg

Claes/Rogan/RL BL

I love the jeans, but yes i know they need to be hemmed..

Originally Posted by wj4

It's pretty easy to do. Just make sure the knot is appropriate for whatever shirt you're working with and it fills the gap in nicely.

For a full windsor knot, I found this video to be pretty helpful. I used to always get confuse on when to bring it back up from behind.

I would never wear a cardigan with a t shirt under it, I always do it with a dress shirt and tie. The only times I would wear t shirt under a v neck sweater is when the sweaters are fitted and I know a long sleeve dress shirt would not fit under.

I cannot stress this enough.

My biggest pet peeve without a doubt is mismatched knots/collar-spreads. I see way too many people with a narrow spread rockin' a huge half windsor, whichin my opinion should only be worn with a super wide spread like this:

62552_f248.jpg

nice stuff everyone, RFX I hate you so much for having that Chanel watch
indifferent.gif
I've wanted it for like 3 years, and probably will never own it.
past 2 days

H&M shirt
Moncler vest
Gucci scarf
Dior Homme denim
III's

random wool pea coat and scarf
Helmut Lang denim
Prada

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Whats a good spot online/in store with a nice selection of watches?

www.jomashop.com
Authenticwatches.com is also very good. They always answer within the first 2 rings. They also let me go get the watch in person and pay in cashto avoid tax (since I'm also in CA). I'm planning on buying a Breitling and Omega from them soon.

Budlong -
laugh.gif
You're a cold dude, dude. (I'm assuming you're somewhere in middle school to high school teacher)....I bet you see kids dressedlike that all day long.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Whats a good spot online/in store with a nice selection of watches?

www.jomashop.com
Authenticwatches.com is also very good. They always answer within the first 2 rings. They also let me go get the watch in person and pay in cash to avoid tax (since I'm also in CA). I'm planning on buying a Breitling and Omega from them soon.

Budlong -
laugh.gif
You're a cold dude, dude. (I'm assuming you're somewhere in middle school to high school teacher)....I bet you see kids dressed like that all day long.
middle now by the grace of the govenator rescinding my pink slip....all I see are skinny jeans and what ole boy posted. If you're gonna postin a thread where RFX, yourself, TY and a few others are clearly representing a minority of the board, then come correct. don't come with something you seeon a 11-13 year old...he looks like terrance j and that man cannot dress.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Take away the scarf and then we have a nice fit.

that was his pass to post that pic in this thread though...

no but seriously you made it up on your second outfit.

thanks.

I was just posting my past 2 fits, sorry if they don't belong in here. I'm shying away from Jordans honestly, I've sold everything but myIII's and IV's.
But judging how the thread title is "Dressing Better" I figured dude could have at least given advice instead of coming at me with a "betterthan thou" attitude.

Back
Top Bottom