Dressing better

Originally Posted by RFX45

The thing is, most of my pants/jeans are slimmer than the GAPs I am wearing in the pic (I got it for free with a gift card) and I think it might look too weird/awkward with slimmer pants.
Yep, you finna look un-proportionate.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Post a fit pic with some 511s or something so we have an idea of how it looks with slimmer pants. I'd say if the shoulders would fit in a XS go for it. At least try and order it maybe and compare the fit of the 2 before you return that one for a xs.

Shoulder fit won't really matter since it is a raglan fit, the snoulders aren't structured and kind of runs through the sleeves. All that would matterwould be the sleeve length.

Fit with 511's. Lighting sucks though.
wh_mel14.jpg

Post a fit pic with some 511s or something so we have an idea of how it looks with slimmer pants. I'd say if the shoulders would fit in a XS go for it. At least try and order it maybe and compare the fit of the 2 before you return that one for a xs.

Shoulder fit won't really matter since it is a raglan fit, the snoulders aren't structured and kind of runs through the sleeves. All that would matter would be the sleeve length.

wh_mel14.jpg
jackets fine how it is it looks better unbuttoned....looks fresher with some kicks and in a more dressed down setting

Shoulder fit won't really matter since it is a raglan fit, the snoulders aren't structured and kind of runs through the sleeves. All that would matter would be the sleeve length.

wh_mel14.jpg
Fit looks good IMO

I need help, anyone tell me how American Apparel hoodies fit? I usually wear a medium in jackets & hoodies so how would I size in AA?

They look like they fit slim, eei. I wanted to know if I wanted to get slim fit dress shirts, would you get them in your normal size or a size up? I am loosingweight so a L dress shirt fits kinda baggy, so would a large slim fit be good or a regular medium?

RFX I think it looks even better with the 511s. Also you could close the bottom two buttons to make the jacket look slimmer.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

maybe you guys can help me, whats a nice leather jacket thats maybe less than $100?
You're going to need to go the faux route with that price.

Yeah I was thinking gray as well, thanks guys. Btw would you guys rock like a wool gray vest with a dress shirt and tie?

Originally Posted by wj4

maybe you guys can help me, whats a nice leather jacket thats maybe less than $100?
im open to that
nerd.gif
Don't do it to yourself. Faux leather will never be as good as real leather even if the real leather is low quality. Go to Zara, they haveseveral different options for cheaper leather jackets (none that are $100 though). If you must go faux though, I know Obey has a faux leather jacket out thisseason but I don't even think that's $100.

BTW, RFX, the jacket probably would look better slightly slimmer. The fit isn't bad as it is right now but I can picture it being better if just slightlyslimmer.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by wj4

im open to that
nerd.gif
Don't do it to yourself. Faux leather will never be as good as real leather even if the real leather is low quality. Go to Zara, they have several different options for cheaper leather jackets (none that are $100 though). If you must go faux though, I know Obey has a faux leather jacket out this season but I don't even think that's $100.
info on both items you mentioned?
nerd.gif

if it's more than 100 it's cool, but im not trying to pay a grip

If you never plan on buttoning it, keep it. Is it folded at the wrist or is that just how it is?

^^^
Is that about the W&H jacket I posted?
If so, the wrist are meant to be folded like that.

For leather jackets, I believe ZARA had a real one for $180-$190.
I figured it was real because the faux leather usually cost $99 at ZARA.
It looked good too, I just didn't bother looking into it because they didn't have a size small for me to try on.

What sort of shoes go with grey herringbone dress pants?

I was thinking dark blue/navy moccasins or brown. Also there is the classic black etc.. Any particular styles or models?

Navy moccasin with tweed? It could work but it won't be easy.
The safest bet is brown. I often wear either my brown boots or brown wingtips with my grey herringbone pants.
I've also worn them with my black cap toe shoes but I go with brown most of the time.

i dont see how RFX couldve found a slimmer jacket, that one is fine...as for me i can never pull off those slim jackets because my upper body is skinny and mythighs are big from when i was in track back in high school, it just looks too disproportionate
laugh.gif

Thanks for all the help and advice.
At the moment, I'll be keeping it.
Still talking with Roden Gray for an xs though, if the price is right, I might just go with it.

The only thing I am worried about it the sleeve length. They seem just right in the size small and an xs might be too short.

Back
Top Bottom