Dressing better

^^the length looks good, but the waist/seat needs to be let out about half an inch. you can tell from the pictures that the pockets are pulling out andcreating a puff around your pelvic bone. the leg pitch is also off, some interesting twisting near the seat, because of the aforementioned pulling as well asposture issues (don't worry, most people these days have posture issues).

i would suggest getting some incotex (from the SF mad sales) for $50 or so, they're extremely well made and look sharp! these that you show look good forwhat they are though, casual chinos to be worn + torn. i take care of my inco's pretty well cuz they look so nice xD

was yamakazi's post deleted? how does dude know all that stuff?
eek.gif
eek.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

^^the length looks good, but the waist/seat needs to be let out about half an inch. you can tell from the pictures that the pockets are pulling out and creating a puff around your pelvic bone. the leg pitch is also off, some interesting twisting near the seat, because of the aforementioned pulling as well as posture issues (don't worry, most people these days have posture issues).

i would suggest getting some incotex (from the SF mad sales) for $50 or so, they're extremely well made and look sharp! these that you show look good for what they are though, casual chinos to be worn + torn. i take care of my inco's pretty well cuz they look so nice xD
You have been a stranger on NT lately. Good to hear from you again and thanks for the recommendation.

The waist doesn't need to be let out, it's been in my experience that pants stretch so going a size higher would just cause folding in the waist whenworn with a belt (with tucked in shirt) as I like to wear my pants with almost no sag. Keep in ming that the pants are made of cotton that allows plenty ofstretching. The pants will also stretch otu a bit by the thigh area so no worries with much puff once I get some standing and sitting in the office, it willall settle. Those are just things I consider when purchasing pants and this really is one of the best fitting pants I've bought OTR. I probably havehorrible posture but I think part of it is standing in front of the camera with a timer felt a bit awkward.
laugh.gif

I was considering the incotex but I really have to try on clothes because sizing is always off with different kind of clothes/brands. Like with shoes forexample, in some shoes, while other wear comparable sizes, I would be 1.5-2 sizes off. Like people wearing a size 8 in chucks and then an 8 in AE, I would bewearing a 10 in chucks and an 8.5E in AE of the same models.

laugh.gif

The man knows his stuff, we roam on almost the same forums and he has experience with these stuff, I'll let him reveal it himself if he chooses to do so.

I would just like to say thank you to all who inputted information in this post

It really helped me put a few things together

Thanks to everyone who inputted their suggestions - NONE were wrong - everyone hastheir own style and thats what i love about this thread.

hey guys I have a problem.

I'm not exactly a SUPER short guy but very far from the ideal height (im 5'8'') and I love wearing AF1s and Dunks with casual sweaters anddress shirts - especially because they have a decent midsole which would push my height up about an inch or so

I love leather loafers, though, and I wish I could wear them but i dunno if they are high enough for me (their midsole height) - from their looks it seems asif they have no height on them at all and that verticle inch (though probably doing Nothing for my height) really helps my pride

are their any loafers that arent so flat and have a midsole/heel etc.?

yes im a bit embarassed to admit this

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Originally Posted by vdubsta

I wear outfits like this on a normal basis, but this was at a formal. Wore a Orchid dress shirt from express, tan burberry tie, and some dark sevens. With gucci shoes(black leather, white sole) and a white belt.
14ipuo8.jpg

Took it down so it doesn't get flamed:tongue:
How much do these go for?

anybody got info on this shoe

Man here's what you do. It's a recession so lets take the cost effective approach. First go to K&G/S&K and grab some FUBU/Sean John Dressslacks ($30-40 a pair). They go well with just about anything so don't sweat the fact i'm calling them dress slacks. Next get you some on sale Polosshirts from (Aeropostale,Express,Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic), a few button Down on sale long sleeve shirts (Aeropostale,K&G, Old Navy, Gap, BananaRepublic), and some sweaters now that they're on sale with spring approaching. Get you a pair of brown and black Dress Boots/loafers/Boat shoes and startmix and matching the tops and bottoms so it looks like you have a complete new wardrobe. Your mother will smile if you follow these steps. For $300 total youshould have 5 pairs of pants, about 6 shirts and at least one pair of shoes that you can mix in with your Urban look. Don't abandon your old cloths, justmix it up. The key is to shop at places like K&G that have nice apparel for more reasonable prices. Don't buy anything at regular price from BananaRepublic. Everything in the store goes on sale after a month so why spend extra when you don't have to. Just head straight to the sales rack. And this iscoming from someone that makes 100K a year so don't let folks gas your head up to always buy the most expensive products you can find (EdHardy/Polo/Gucci/Prada etc) Buy one or two pieces of those when the budget permits, but don't get caught up in spending what you don't have. Every payperiod and 1 shirt or a pair of pants until you have a grown man closet that compliments your Urban gear. Don't think you have to buy everything in oneshopping session, just take your time. People will start to notice. You might feel out of place at first, but step your swag up and know that women like dudesthat can go between the Urban and clean cut look. It shows you know you'll have to get a real job one day and bring home the bacon.

RFX, where can i get those clerks boots?
also bro, i'm in the process of rebuilding my wardrobe, but i don't know where to start. can u give any suggestions? thanks!

Originally Posted by Guppetto

Man here's what you do. It's a recession so lets take the cost effective approach. First go to K&G/S&K and grab some FUBU/Sean John Dress slacks ($30-40 a pair). They go well with just about anything so don't sweat the fact i'm calling them dress slacks. Next get you some on sale Polos shirts from (Aeropostale,Express,Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic), a few button Down on sale long sleeve shirts (Aeropostale,K&G, Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic), and some sweaters now that they're on sale with spring approaching. Get you a pair of brown and black Dress Boots/loafers/Boat shoes and start mix and matching the tops and bottoms so it looks like you have a complete new wardrobe. Your mother will smile if you follow these steps. For $300 total you should have 5 pairs of pants, about 6 shirts and at least one pair of shoes that you can mix in with your Urban look. Don't abandon your old cloths, just mix it up. The key is to shop at places like K&G that have nice apparel for more reasonable prices. Don't buy anything at regular price from Banana Republic. Everything in the store goes on sale after a month so why spend extra when you don't have to. Just head straight to the sales rack. And this is coming from someone that makes 100K a year so don't let folks gas your head up to always buy the most expensive products you can find (Ed Hardy/Polo/Gucci/Prada etc) Buy one or two pieces of those when the budget permits, but don't get caught up in spending what you don't have. Every pay period and 1 shirt or a pair of pants until you have a grown man closet that compliments your Urban gear. Don't think you have to buy everything in one shopping session, just take your time. People will start to notice. You might feel out of place at first, but step your swag up and know that women like dudes that can go between the Urban and clean cut look. It shows you know you'll have to get a real job one day and bring home the bacon.

That did not make much sense and I didn't even know FUBU made slacks? Overall, good suggestions for saving money but that is taking it a bit too far Ithink. Do not, ever, EEEEVVERRRR, get Sean John or FUBU slacks (if they exist). You are better off getting some cheap CK or INC slacks on sale at Macy's,even Kenneth Cole. Slacks are too formal too, it is not easy to pull it off casually. Go with some khaki or dark colored chinos from GAP or Old Navy, it maybeill-fitting but better than FUBU or SJ.

bkzkurse wrote:
hey guys I have a problem.

I'm not exactly a SUPER short guy but very far from the ideal height (im 5'8'') and I love wearing AF1s and Dunks with casual sweaters and dress shirts - especially because they have a decent midsole which would push my height up about an inch or so

I love leather loafers, though, and I wish I could wear them but i dunno if they are high enough for me (their midsole height) - from their looks it seems as if they have no height on them at all and that verticle inch (though probably doing Nothing for my height) really helps my pride

are their any loafers that arent so flat and have a midsole/heel etc.?

yes im a bit embarassed to admit this
No need to heighten up your shoes to look tall, you can do it with the clothes you wear. Get slimmer and more fitted shirts andpants and it will make you look taller.
If you really need/want height, start getting used to wearing shoes/boots with heels, like some of the shoes IK and I posted a few pages back.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

How much do those Fred Perry's run for?

like 40 bucks i think

For reals? Anyone got a link for these? And know how they fit? I was expecting them to be like a bill.
laugh.gif

this thread is
pimp.gif
makes me wanna dress more mature, but i feel likeI'm still too young. the sisters wedding is coming up soon, alotta this stuff helps

instant or rfx what are your thoughts on semi high water khakis, like you can sorta see your ankles?
I bought a pair of khakis from the GAP and they fit well, but i washed them and they shrunk
I was going to throw them out but I thought they would look good if I wore them with my low top
converse all stars, like something really casual say if you are going to a beach party or something.

The gap is wack IMO. Not saying I couldn't possibly wear something basic from the Gap but it doesn't represent.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

instant or rfx what are your thoughts on semi high water khakis, like you can sorta see your ankles?
I bought a pair of khakis from the GAP and they fit well, but i washed them and they shrunk
I was going to throw them out but I thought they would look good if I wore them with my low top
converse all stars, like something really casual say if you are going to a beach party or something.

I think it is a very fine line on making it work. Tom Ford has brought the high water look into the mainstream and it has been more acceptable on some groups.
Chino's, when worn with boat shoes, could usually be rolled up a bit for that high water look but if your pants are high enough, rolling it would make ithigher and it might not look to good.

You can risk it and wear it with some boat shoes or loafers and it mgiht look simialr to the pics below, depending on how high it really is.

The last option is to bring it to the tailor and they should be able to let if out half an inch to lengthen it a bit.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

The gap is wack IMO. Not saying I couldn't possibly wear something basic from the Gap but it doesn't represent.
It's aimed at a different audience. The stuff posted in this thread is more clean cut.

I've seen several pieces from Tommy recently that I must say, they're pretty nice.

Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko 979

RFX, where can i get those clerks boots?
also bro, i'm in the process of rebuilding my wardrobe, but i don't know where to start. can u give any suggestions? thanks!

The desert boots can be bought at Clark's stores in the mall. I visited one last night and they had at least 5 different colorways.
The hard sueded versions were $90 I believe but the brown smooth leather versiosna were $120 I believe.
Zappos.com also has some and apparently they have a smoke grey suede color now too:
*Yes it is dark grey, not black. I guess it will be mor enoticeable in person? (left d. grey, right black)*
8835-674942-p.jpg
7954-14893-p.jpg

DB Premium with smooth leather.
6219-631202-p.jpg

Awesome colorways that are only available in the UK I believe.
ibavsw.jpg

Navy, white and bamboo smooth leather versions:
[img]http://imagecache.asos.com/inv/S/72/727/555644/Navy/image1xl.jpg[/img][img]http://imagecache.asos.com/inv/S/72/727/555644/Bamboo/image1xl.jpg[/img][img]http://imagecache.asos.com/inv/S/72/727/555644/White/image1xl.jpg[/img]

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

^^the length looks good, but the waist/seat needs to be let out about half an inch. you can tell from the pictures that the pockets are pulling out and creating a puff around your pelvic bone. the leg pitch is also off, some interesting twisting near the seat, because of the aforementioned pulling as well as posture issues (don't worry, most people these days have posture issues).

i would suggest getting some incotex (from the SF mad sales) for $50 or so, they're extremely well made and look sharp! these that you show look good for what they are though, casual chinos to be worn + torn. i take care of my inco's pretty well cuz they look so nice xD
You have been a stranger on NT lately. Good to hear from you again and thanks for the recommendation.

The waist doesn't need to be let out, it's been in my experience that pants stretch so going a size higher would just cause folding in the waist when worn with a belt (with tucked in shirt) as I like to wear my pants with almost no sag. Keep in ming that the pants are made of cotton that allows plenty of stretching. The pants will also stretch otu a bit by the thigh area so no worries with much puff once I get some standing and sitting in the office, it will all settle. Those are just things I consider when purchasing pants and this really is one of the best fitting pants I've bought OTR. I probably have horrible posture but I think part of it is standing in front of the camera with a timer felt a bit awkward.
laugh.gif

I was considering the incotex but I really have to try on clothes because sizing is always off with different kind of clothes/brands. Like with shoes for example, in some shoes, while other wear comparable sizes, I would be 1.5-2 sizes off. Like people wearing a size 8 in chucks and then an 8 in AE, I would be wearing a 10 in chucks and an 8.5E in AE of the same models.

laugh.gif

The man knows his stuff, we roam on almost the same forums and he has experience with these stuff, I'll let him reveal it himself if he chooses to do so.

haha yea i haven't had much time to post much these days, just one comment here and there, been busy with photoshoots and all that. i see though you'restill laying down the railroad tracks for the newbies though, good stuff
wink.gif

i don't want to keep pushing this, but i was just curious on something. you're right that cotton pants easily stretch out, but i personally haveexperienced re-shrink with pants after wash/dry. it's not really the same as sizing up, in that sizing up gives you more room in waist/seat/thigh, astailors like to call it. i just thought it was a more casual pair of chinos, which i would like to have a tiny bit looser on my waist than my normal dressed upones. you would have loved the incos, for $50 a pop you can't go wrong, and reselling it would be pretty easy too! most sellers provide measurements aswell, so you can compare with your own.

i do know what you mean about shoes, too, though. but yea overall i bet they look great in person, the things i say are just nitpicky items, you know how SF is
wink.gif

and nice pulls from the RL site, solid advice on all that RL stuff, keep it up!

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

this one is kind of tricky. you have to make it look intentional. if you can't pull that off, or you THINK you can't pull it off, most likely youCAN'T pull it off.

the highwater/rolled up jeans/pants/chinos look is more about fashionable ATTITUDE, and less of UTILITY like a lot of other current trends (lumberjack plaid,anyone?).

therefore, it works best when you have good proportions (e.g. not short or chub), and wear them with shoes that are equally trendy/fashionable (like rf said,sockless boat shoes, loafers, and other summertime twists on classic shoes like that).

the only rule is that just make sure the pants are rolled at least twice if you're rolling them, or they'll just look like cuffs that are actuallyhighwater (and roll, don't cuff). if you're cuffing them, let them down so they are just barely above your shoes (no pants break!).

and lastly, please please please do not do this with BAGGY pants/jeans! it looks like a horrible trend from the 90's (ya'll remember those jean capris,right?), make sure to wear fairly slim pants! remember that the point of this type of fashion is to make you look slimmer, and make you look as if you'veoutgrown the "uniform" of your closet, so do it right!!!

So do you guys think the way Thom Browne wears his pants are OD?
(mine aren't nowhere near that high btw)

Men+Style+Com+Celebrates+Women+Fashion+JT2VFoit-Cxl.jpg

thom_browne.jpg

Back
Top Bottom