Dressing better

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

alotta gay stuff up in here. I'm cool with my Sean John and Rocawear.

Aite then GANGSTA
laugh.gif

i dig alot of the looks in here, not necessarily for me....but i respect the styles and stuff....

BUT i cant get with having my ankles be all out in the open when i sit down or bend my legs.
thats just weird.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko 979

RFX, where can i get those clerks boots?
also bro, i'm in the process of rebuilding my wardrobe, but i don't know where to start. can u give any suggestions? thanks!

The desert boots can be bought at Clark's stores in the mall. I visited one last night and they had at least 5 different colorways.
The hard sueded versions were $90 I believe but the brown smooth leather versiosna were $120 I believe.
Zappos.com also has some and apparently they have a smoke grey suede color now too:
*Yes it is dark grey, not black. I guess it will be mor enoticeable in person? (left d. grey, right black)*
8835-674942-p.jpg
7954-14893-p.jpg

DB Premium with smooth leather.
6219-631202-p.jpg

Awesome colorways that are only available in the UK I believe.
ibavsw.jpg

Navy, white and bamboo smooth leather versions:
[img]http://imagecache.asos.com/inv/S/72/727/555644/Navy/image1xl.jpg[/img][img]http://imagecache.asos.com/inv/S/72/727/555644/Bamboo/image1xl.jpg[/img][img]http://imagecache.asos.com/inv/S/72/727/555644/White/image1xl.jpg[/img]
thank you, i'll try to find some pairs in the USA.
and i'm in the process of rebuilding my wardrobe, can you give any tips on where i should begin? i'm completely lost
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

instant or rfx what are your thoughts on semi high water khakis, like you can sorta see your ankles?
I bought a pair of khakis from the GAP and they fit well, but i washed them and they shrunk
I was going to throw them out but I thought they would look good if I wore them with my low top
converse all stars, like something really casual say if you are going to a beach party or something.
Do it, they'd work really well with some dress loafers, boat shoes, suede bucks, even a pair of oxfords(no socks of course). It's a great look for summer.
If they're in that in between length, try rolling them up a bit until it's just slightttly above your ankles.

Check out how these dudes pull it off:

2iizexz.jpg

25s7rpv.jpg

2h2dpaa.jpg

pPOLO2-5448149_alternate1_v330.jpg
This is America not Europe...

Funny thing is I'm thinking about getting that Polo Cardigan, one of my dudes is selling one for half off.

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

instant or rfx what are your thoughts on semi high water khakis, like you can sorta see your ankles?
I bought a pair of khakis from the GAP and they fit well, but i washed them and they shrunk
I was going to throw them out but I thought they would look good if I wore them with my low top
converse all stars, like something really casual say if you are going to a beach party or something.
Do it, they'd work really well with some dress loafers, boat shoes, suede bucks, even a pair of oxfords(no socks of course). It's a great look for summer.
If they're in that in between length, try rolling them up a bit until it's just slightttly above your ankles.

Check out how these dudes pull it off:

2iizexz.jpg

25s7rpv.jpg

2h2dpaa.jpg

pPOLO2-5448149_alternate1_v330.jpg
This is America not Europe...

thom_browne.jpg

Mr. Thom Browne is a American Designer and hes known primarily because of his high waters
nerd.gif

alright, i got a few pairs of levis 560s at 34x32. im naturally a 32x32. but i didnt want the jeans to be too tight, and at the moment 34x32 feels baggy in560s. do you guys think if i get a pair of 511s or other levis at 32x32 theyll fit me better? im def. heading to the mall this weekend

This thread is great. The majority of my wardrobe is based off the 'prep' look, so most of this stuff isn't original to me, but either way it'salways cool to check out the latest gear. Thanks to everyone who's contributed.

I was also looking for a men's fashion blog to get some new ideas for things to add to my wardrobe, but this has taken the prize. Thanks again gentlemen.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

I got a pair of Seersuckers but I haven`t decide how I should freak it.
Pair of suede bucks?
erez
145H_WHITE
My main concern is the top of the fit. I have a RL Star Fish polo that looks nice but the star fish is all over print, and idk that looks kindacountry to me with seer suckers, but I could be thinking to much into it.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

alotta gay stuff up in here. I'm cool with my Sean John and Rocawear.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

If you're older than 17 years old..something is really wrong.

3006v06.jpg

Wow, that's a really good outfit!

I'm going to pick up a pair of these on Wednesday at Macy's. For $50 MSRP, they're quite a bargain. They come in brown and navy, both colors arevery versatile IMO. (If you're wondering why I'm waiting until Wednesday, it's so I can use my coupons and get 50% off).

I've always like Chucks, but thought the midsole made it funny looking to be worn casually or so.
AAAAAsg2cMIAAAAAAEJwtA.jpg

Originally Posted by JDB1523

This thread is great. The majority of my wardrobe is based off the 'prep' look, so most of this stuff isn't original to me, but either way it's always cool to check out the latest gear. Thanks to everyone who's contributed.

I was also looking for a men's fashion blog to get some new ideas for things to add to my wardrobe, but this has taken the prize. Thanks again gentlemen.
This is my personal list of fashion blogs/sites that I browse:
a continuous lean
altamira nyc
blackbird
face hunter
hint fashion magazine
kempt | world of men's style / fashion / grooming
manchic
men.style
mens rag
men.myfashionlife
psfk fashion
refinery 29 pipline
roden gray
garconmag
selectism: mens lifestyle magazine
skeleton legs › a practical guide to high-fashion & streetwear.
superfantasticpicturetime
ny mag the cut
the sartorialist
thefashionisto.com
valet mag
we are the market
william yan
the preppy pauper
upscale hype
the fashionist
style sightings
garance dore

And forums:
styleforum
superfuture

I visit many of these sites , but the others will be bookmarked thank you

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko 979

RFX, where can i get those clerks boots?
also bro, i'm in the process of rebuilding my wardrobe, but i don't know where to start. can u give any suggestions? thanks!

The desert boots can be bought at Clark's stores in the mall. I visited one last night and they had at least 5 different colorways.
The hard sueded versions were $90 I believe but the brown smooth leather versiosna were $120 I believe.
Zappos.com also has some and apparently they have a smoke grey suede color now too:
*Yes it is dark grey, not black. I guess it will be mor enoticeable in person? (left d. grey, right black)*
8835-674942-p.jpg
7954-14893-p.jpg

DB Premium with smooth leather.
6219-631202-p.jpg

Awesome colorways that are only available in the UK I believe.
ibavsw.jpg

Navy, white and bamboo smooth leather versions:
[img]http://imagecache.asos.com/inv/S/72/727/555644/Navy/image1xl.jpg[/img][img]http://imagecache.asos.com/inv/S/72/727/555644/Bamboo/image1xl.jpg[/img][img]http://imagecache.asos.com/inv/S/72/727/555644/White/image1xl.jpg[/img]
awesome stuff, did you get a chance to check out the new 09 spring colours? i'm still waiting to get those cola/chestnut suede's that areuk specific
mad.gif
, but i looked at the hemp and burberyy plaid and they wereboth very nice, ordered wolf suede already. store discount gets me these for less than 40 shipped.

Cola Desert Boots; the brown ones second from the right; are the cleanest ones; along with the greens.

Talk about double breasted suits looking good, and the pocket square, a true example that they don't always have to be square
1179GreyDBWeb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom