Dressing better

I know this is the dressing better thread but does anyone have any tips on hairstyle?

I have a round face so of course I would want something spikey like to take attention away from the shape.

I'm asian btw with straight hair

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Urban Outfitters is the worst. I use to jokingly knock them for being overpriced but...

The past week, I went to UO to get some gloves for my upcoming trip to Europe. I just wanted a simple pair of gloves that would keep my hands toasty. Found a pair of brandless gloves and they were about $25. I didn't think they were that bad since all the other gloves they were selling were around that price/or higher. Bought two pairs, one for myself and my brother.

Headed over to H&M to take a look and found almost the exact pair of gloves (same material, same heat retention "technology" etc) for $3. The only difference was the UO pair was the kind where you had mitten flaps instead of the actual fingers
indifferent.gif
I promptly returned the UO pairs and saved myself $40~.

Moral of the story: UO is overpriced.
The UO by me is pretty much an over priced H&M, at least on the guy side it is. It's all over priced generic plaid's and tee's,and some levi's. I used to love shopping there but now I just can't do it.

Just a heads up:

H&M is having good deals right now on sweaters, dress pants and button ups (for casual days). Most of them are marked 50% off.

I got 2 wool sweaters today @ $25 each. I might be going back tomorrow again to get the stuff I want.

BR also has a 40% deal tomorrow (not sure if it applies in the US as well). You get an Email voucher.

PS
I'd rather get the stuff now than having to go through a pile of clothes which don't fit me post-Christmas. Anyone agree on me on that one? I think Ilearned my lesson in the past when it comes to Christmas deals...the more you wait, more chances of your size selling out.

I'm looking for a similar shirt but with a white/black combo, I especially like the size on the button-down collar. Anyone know where I should look? BrooksBrothers?
18c354c2e578372879faf08.jpg

Originally Posted by Stack Bundless

I'm looking for a similar shirt but with a white/black combo, I especially like the size on the button-down collar. Anyone know where I should look? Brooks Brothers?
18c354c2e578372879faf08.jpg

That knot with that collar goes so hard.
pimp.gif
I need to figure out how to replicate that look. Generally not a fan of button-down collars, but this makes itlook so slick.

I'm traveling to NYC from Stockholm in about a week, and I'm looking to buy allot of clothes but I don't know where to look, here is my list so far.

Macy's
Dillards
H&M
Zara
Urban outfitters
J.Crew
Ralph Lauren Store

which stores should I ad to my list?

Ralph Lauren Rugby

I'm traveling to NYC from Stockholm in about a week, and I'm looking to buy allot of clothes but I don't know where to look, here is my list so far.

Macy's
Dillards
H&M
Zara
Urban outfitters
J.Crew
Ralph Lauren Store

Ralph Lauren Rugby

GQs ten best new looks of the season

The Plaid Weekender
Not all plaid shirts channel Kurt Cobain. This spring's version-in a light cotton, with slim sleeves and a button collar-gives you a grown-up lookthat's not at all grungy.
mg-01.jpg

A Cooler Baseball Jacket
You want a baseball jacket, not an ill-fitting pleather-sleeve letter jacket. Get one that's streamlined-in a superthin nylon or leather that barely skimsthe frame.

Straight-Leg White Jeans
You know that rule about breaking out white only after Memorial Day? Forget it. Just keep your white jeans straight (no boot-cuts, please) and you can rock'em year-round with just about anything.
mg-02.jpg

The Grown-Man's Sweatshirt
Sometimes you want to look like Steve McQueen. But a shapeless sweatshirt from college ain't gonna do it. (We don't care how comfy it is.) Instead, gofor a fitted crewneck (plenty of style-minded labels are making them) and, like Steve, you'll look too cool to care.
mg-03.jpg

The Multitalented Denim Shirt
It can be one of the most versatile pieces in your wardrobe. Dress up your denim by pairing it with a suit, buttoning it up under a cardigan, or knotting up aknit tie with a tie bar. It's like getting four shirts in one.
mg-04.jpg
mg-05.jpg

mg-06.jpg
mg-07.jpg

A Bolder V-Neck
Relax: Yes, these colors are aggressive, but they're easy to pull off. Pair a vibrant V-neck with a black polo or, to make more of a statement, wear twocolors in the same family-think teal with aqua blue, red with fuchsia. You'd be surprised.
mg-08.jpg

The Fitted Cotton Sports Jacket
Much as we dig a relaxed, unstructured cotton jacket, sometimes you want structure in your life. When you need to look a little more put-together-a little lessrumpled-but don't need to wear a full suit, go for a jacket like this one.
mg-09.jpg

Upturned Cuffs
How to achieve this look: Kneel down, flip out cuff, repeat. Unless you're a style-obsessed kid in Tokyo, rolled-up jeans should look like anafterthought-not something you labored over.

Gray Sneaks
The leather version of an old-school canvas sneaker like the Jack Purcell toes the line between casual and dressy. Go for a muted neutral color.
mg-10.jpg

The High-Tech Storm Chaser
Yes, you can wear state-of-the-art weather-protectant fabrics with your 100 percent cotton or wool suits. In fact, as these rain parkas prove, the two make aperfect match.
mg-11.jpg

APC is having their winter sale. Pretty good discounts on everything. The only exclusions, as always, are their jeans. The smaller sizes are sure to go quickso take a look. The one sweatshirt I wanted is already gone in my size
frown.gif

I'm going to be in Paris in about 5 days... for those that are in New York or LA, do the brick and mortar stores have the same sale at the same time astheir online sale?

I've been trying to check out that sale but the websites navigation isn't working well.
What jackets are on sale?

Originally Posted by RFX45

I've been trying to check out that sale but the websites navigation isn't working well.
What jackets are on sale?
I think all the jackets are on sale except for the down jacket with the leather patches. (it's sold out anyway)

That really cool Napoleon jacket is on sale as is the navy bomber.

Yeah, the site is buggy right now, probably being flooded at the moment.
None of the jackets left in xs though so I guess I'm passing.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

I'm looking for a similar shirt but with a white/black combo, I especially like the size on the button-down collar. Anyone know where I should look? Brooks
Brothers?

That knot with that collar goes so hard.
pimp.gif
I need to figure out how to replicate that look. Generally not a fan of button-down collars, but this makes it look so slick.

could not have said it better myself
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BiggiMike

Stack Bundless wrote:

Macy's
Dillards
H&M
Zara
Urban outfitters
J.Crew
Ralph Lauren Store

Ralph Lauren Rugby

Can't believe I forgot the Rugby store, good looking out.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Some jeans are actually on sale like Petit and New Standards.
Not the raw denim though. The raw denim will never be on sale. What is on sale though are New Standard/ Petit Standard cut chinos and coloredPetit Standards.

Originally Posted by quik1987

3sixteen-fall-2009-collection-front.jpg
Sick fit. Do you get cold often?

As a fellow Cdn, I was thinking about picking up a real fleece sweater to layer underneath from Arctyrx or NF just so I can use my peacoat more often.

Anybody else do the same?

Back
Top Bottom