Dressing better

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

okay i just got put onto the express mk2 shirts, but $60 retail?

anybody got any cheaper alternatives? or discounts? also any recommendations on military jackets? for casual going out nights

Express+Gray+shirt+Fall+09.jpg
Try the GAP and BR

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

I just bought a long time holy grail at the Barneys sample sale. Black Dior Homme blazer.
Sleeves seem a bit too long, which should be an easy fix though.

RFX- I will let you know how those VIs fit with my jeans when I get them in. 
laugh.gif
  The best I can do is slim straight so I think I will be OK.
Definitely going to bring it to the Tailors to see what should be done. This is a huge staple for me.

Nice jacket ... with a few tweaks as has been already discussed (sleeves, waist suppression, maybe a little shortening of the body) you will definitely have a great item to add to your wardrobe.

One question though - why is black a staple for you? Its one of the least versatile colors you can have for a blazer - IMHO.

Really? You think black is one of the least versatile colors for a blazer? I disagree and think you can wear it with virtually anything. I also think that for that reason, it is the most popular color produced by high fashion houses.

I agree with Nii and WJ4. Black isn't very versatile and I think designer comes out with black blazers/sport coats because a lot of people think black is versatile but it isn't. Black suits are only worn in weddings, funerals and as a replacement for a tux at an evening event and not much else really. A black blazer is even less versatile because it has to be worn with a matching pants. This is my opinion of course and to each his own but navy and charcoal is the most versatile color for a sportcoat. 

I'm selling my Ralph Lauren peacoat if anyone is interested. Had it for only a year and it's in pristine condition. Size L. Not looking for much, maybe $100-140 shipped. Not sure if I'm allowed to do this w/o making a post in the Buying/Selling Forum but PM me if you guys would like pics. I'll send pics to whomever is interested once I get back from Chicago on Friday afternoon.

Matthew Bohmer is just a good looking guy in anything. Pause

RFX I was wondering, do you wear your shirt sleeves rolled up even when wearing a blazer?  It feel weird when I wear a coat over a rolled up sleeve shirt

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

okay i just got put onto the express mk2 shirts, but $60 retail?

anybody got any cheaper alternatives? or discounts? also any recommendations on military jackets? for casual going out nights

Express+Gray+shirt+Fall+09.jpg

uniqlo

Originally Posted by rcdp

RFX I was wondering, do you wear your shirt sleeves rolled up even when wearing a blazer?  It feel weird when I wear a coat over a rolled up sleeve shirt

Nah, it's one of those tedious thing I do when I wear a blazer or any jacket/coat for that matter. I usually rolled them up after I take off the jacket and then unrolled them when I put my jacket on. If I know I am not going to stay in one place for long, I just don't roll my sleeves. 

Originally Posted by Meangene4

I got a denim jacket any tips how to wear it? I dont like the denim on denim look tho.

The Canadian tux is thumbs up IMO, but I think most people prefer to wear jean jackets with khakis or chinos.  

Originally Posted by Meangene4

I got a denim jacket any tips how to wear it? I dont like the denim on denim look tho.

IMO you can do the denim on denim look but they have to be different washes/fades.
i usually use mine for layering though, so i usually have something over the denim jacket if im also wearing jeans.

edit: ignore the pose, opinions?

35j9pv9.jpg

Hahah good eye RFX.

I too took a few ideas off those photos, well the milan ones at least.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Got a teaching job interview soon, any recommendations? Black Jacket/White shirt/Black Tie?

Just an update:
Copped a Tommy Hilfiger black slim suit (safe) for 323$

I'm 6'4 195lbs 

and went immediately to the tailor because the sleeves and pants NEEDED to be lengthened and the suit taken in at the waist

total tailor cost 130$

56$ for the waist

61$ for the sleeves

16$ for the pants

In total i will pay around 500$ for a suit to fit perfectly

IMO it is worth it to not look like a box.

Just a heads up for suit purchasers

Back
Top Bottom