Dressing better

Originally Posted by niidawg3
great color combo there...and
eek.gif
that pot behind you in ginormous
laugh.gif

I think this is one of the very few times but your tie is a bit messy there Nii.
I like the brown suit though, you're one of the very few people that can pull off the wider lapels.

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

Lol it's true though. You are basically being fanned and fed grapes.

laugh.gif
 I am? I've never noticed. 
A lot of people here actually hate me for some reason, not sure how you can hate someone on an online forum but I do get lots of hate PMs.

At least once a week. 
roll.gif

Anyways, Jack Purcell boat shoes, posted but it might just be my go to summer shoe.
converse-jack-purcell-deck-front.jpg

But these Sperrys Rip Stop boat shoes will give it a run for it's money.

sperry-top-sider-original-authentic-rip-stop-1.jpg

Originally Posted by Jehul

Originally Posted by Emoney246

Originally Posted by Jehul

Originally Posted by Emoney246

Thanks jehul! i have peeped your blog and liked a lot of the things you put together.
Thanks man. Have you decided which pants/shoes to go with?

I am leaning towards brown. I dont have a pair of brown pants or shoes though. ( building my "dressing better" wardrobe) I am thinking khaki colored pants.

Does it matter the shade of brown shoes? Should I get like a cognac colored shoe or a dark brown shoe?
It depends on the shade of your pants and your preferences (although I'd probably do for a contrasting look either way, i.e. dark vs. light). Just make sure your belt color matches your shoes.
I was going to go for light brown colored pants with it being spring and for Easter.

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

So GQ has labeled chambray as a must have this season, whats next on the horizon?
just picked up this grey chambray at gap today w/ the f&f discount...

gp750134-00vliv01.jpg

i'd prefer it not be military inspired but otherwise it's fine...they also have a western style grey chambray w/ a yoke and a regular chambray that i got a few weeks ago but later returned because i didn't like the cut on it

was looking for one last year but didn't come across any i really liked for a good price

Originally Posted by knightlovesqueen

Can anyone help. Do generic surplus fit like vans? Gilt says true to size. Anyone here w a pair???
i'd say they fit pretty much like vans...maybe a tad bigger

although the only generic surplus pair i have are the oxfords which have a long, pointy toe

i have a pair of generic man chukkas as well (wearing them rightnow...check the pic below) which are euro sizing...i have a size 42 ithink which is equivalent to a size 9

finally, nice weather is here...

j76xyt.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

laugh.gif
A lot of people here actually hate me for some reason, not sure how you can hate someone on an online forum but I do get lots of hate PMs.

At least once a week. 
roll.gif

You get hate PMs? Thats OD ... what for/about?

thanks for the comments guys.

RFX - you are probably right about the tie for two reasons ... i tied it while driving and its probably one of the silkiest ties i have ... hard to hold a knot. About to hit the restroom and re-tie it ...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I decided to not comment after your first post, but i just dont get what you mean by being fanned and fed grapes. I dont really see people here blowing smoke up RFX's butt. I mean he gets acknowledged for posting good info - and that is just a normal by product of what he contributes to the thread. I dont see anyone giving him outlandish praise, if thats what you mean. He may have fits which you do not like, which will get complements from people, but you have realize different people like different things.  

laugh.gif

At least once a week. 
roll.gif

The hate varies really, sometimes it is my post count and how much I have and if I have a life.
Some because they feel I get too "snobbish" or some people call me out on what I buy or what I own.

Or some people just hate to hate I think, like I would ask a question in a thread, ie: "whats a good camera" or "how to invest in something", and then I would get a PM saying it's not for me so I shouldn't even bother.

I really do not get some people going out of their way to do that so I just ignore it. 
Oh well, 'tis the life on NT. 

laugh.gif

At least once a week. 
roll.gif

No d ride, but all you do is help people. Can't imagine anyone hating you.
Some people must really hate their lives.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
One time I actually got a PM telling me to show my face in my pics, written in a less polite way. It just gave me a better reason not to.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Felt like new shoes today!
tumblr_kzhj53ikJY1qaf7o7.jpg

via regularolty

Ty, what sheos are those? Been searching for a blue suede shoes for a while now. I prefer it with a red brick sole but those will do for now. Info please.

Im looking to get a couple pair of boat shoes for the upcoming spring an summer

I know your supposed to wear them w/o socks, but my feet sweat bad and I dont wanna stink em up

Are there any tricks to keep the odor/foot sweat down???
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Thanks

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

I know your supposed to wear them w/o socks, but my feet sweat bad and I dont wanna stink em up

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Thanks

I can't do the no socks either so I use loafer socks.
br555740-01p01v01.jpg

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Thanks

I can't do the no socks either so I use loafer socks.
br555740-01p01v01.jpg
eek.gif

Damn didnt even know about these

Definitely need to pick some up then
Thanks!

laugh.gif

At least once a week. 
roll.gif

The hate varies really, sometimes it is my post count and how much I have and if I have a life.
Some because they feel I get too "snobbish" or some people call me out on what I buy or what I own.

Or some people just hate to hate I think, like I would ask a question in a thread, ie: "whats a good camera" or "how to invest in something", and then I would get a PM saying it's not for me so I shouldn't even bother.

I really do not get some people going out of their way to do that so I just ignore it. 
Oh well, 'tis the life on NT. 
Damn people really have that much time on their hands? Just amazes me how someone can just hate for no reason.

Back
Top Bottom