Dressing better

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Guys i need a little advice on what to wear, my co worker is having a party for her 21st bday. Its kinda formal, but its still a party, if you get what im saying.
I was thinking white button down, black suit vest, black slacks, black dress shoes, and purple tie. What you guys think?
That might be a good look, as long as everyone else doesn't show up in jeans and sweaters. 
Also you might wanna do some things to give the look a bit of "hipness" and less "business". Maybe a colorful/patterned/loud tie could help break it up. Something like the one below in terms of colors. A non-solid dress shirt if you wear a more muted tie. Maybe roll up the sleeves as well and wear a nice watch. A tie-bar. You get the idea. 

pPOLO2-7043783_standard_v330.jpg
good looks
any other opinions?
i'm not feelin that look...i don't like the idea of a vest and a real crazy print tie. 

to me, if you're wearing the vest w/o a jacket, that makes it un-business like enough.

Making a trip to NYC tomorrow, any recommendation where to go on SOHO? I know Uniqlo is a definite, any other spots?

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Making a trip to NYC tomorrow, any recommendation where to go on SOHO? I know Uniqlo is a definite, any other spots?

Check out the J. Crew men's shop further south on broadway, it has everything that would make rfx orgasm.

for those who have ordered pants from topman...
I'm looking to get some skinny/slim fit chinos from them
but idk about the sizing... i'm naturally a 28" waist
my levis 511s are 30"x30" (needs to get shortened)
and my paper&denim skinnys are 29x30
what size should i get?

or are there other alternatives for relatively the same price
such as gap,br and whatnot (i know they have the fnf goin on right now)

Here's that 30 % off coupon good until March 21at Gap Stores and Outlets, Banana Republic Stores and Factory Stores, as well as Old Navy. Time to get ya Spring wardrobe up! Hope to get a few items from this sale.

COUPON

Crumps Brother wrote:

Originally Posted by knightlovesqueen

Can anyone help. Do generic surplus fit like vans? Gilt says true to size. Anyone here w a pair???
i'd say they fit pretty much like vans...maybe a tad bigger

although the only generic surplus pair i have are the oxfords which have a long, pointy toe

i have a pair of generic man chukkas as well (wearing them right now...check the pic below) which are euro sizing...i have a size 42 i think which is equivalent to a size 9

finally, nice weather is here...

j76xyt.jpg

thanks for the input. i ordered two pairs of mohawks from gilt.  i got the camel pair in an 8 and the army green pair in an 8.5

edit:  btw nice simple fit.

Originally Posted by mheftman

Originally Posted by hymen man

med.jpg

Just got this blazer from GILT.   Whatcha think of it?
nerd.gif
i got this a couple weeks ago off of gilt - i love it.
it is super super soft.

yeah, just received it today.  I like it, good addition to the wardrobe.

Crumps Brother wrote:

Can anyone help. Do generic surplus fit like vans? Gilt says true to size. Anyone here w a pair???
i'd say they fit pretty much like vans...maybe a tad bigger

although the only generic surplus pair i have are the oxfords which have a long, pointy toe

i have a pair of generic man chukkas as well (wearing them right now...check the pic below) which are euro sizing...i have a size 42 i think which is equivalent to a size 9

finally, nice weather is here...

j76xyt.jpg

thanks for the input. i ordered two pairs of mohawks from gilt.  i got the camel pair in an 8 and the army green pair in an 8.5

edit:  btw nice simple fit.

info on whole outfit?
specifically the pants....dockers?

To watch the games.

img1394w.jpg

img1396j.jpg

img1397j.jpg

To the club last weekend with some black Jordan IIIs.

img1378o.jpg

My roommate on his birthday with one of my t-shirts.

img1374t.jpg

48376351.jpg

Can Desert Boots be worn without rolling up your pants?

I have tried them on numerous of times yet something doesn't look right to me. I feel like I am doing something wrong.
I like the look of them yet I have only seen them worn with pants rolled up.

A quick question, does a suit have to fall exactly to the tip of the thumb or can it be a bit shorter? Reason is I just bought a 36S DKNY suit and it fit slim and nice, but the dude was telling me I should get it longer, I questioned him since he was dressed in very baggy clothes so it could be a preference. Its going to be one of the suits for my rotation for my summer internship so I have to come correct.

Originally Posted by uncleo28

A quick question, does a suit have to fall exactly to the tip of the thumb or can it be a bit shorter? Reason is I just bought a 36S DKNY suit and it fit slim and nice, but the dude was telling me I should get it longer, I questioned him since he was dressed in very baggy clothes so it could be a preference. Its going to be one of the suits for my rotation for my summer internship so I have to come correct.
If you're talking about the length of the coat, the traditional view is to have it covering your butt.  However with the more recent slim and modern trend, some prefer it covering a portion of the rear.
Most older guys won't understand the modern look.  I recently had to explain to the in house tailor at Hugo Boss why I didn't want any break on the slacks. 

To the homie asking for pics of DB's, you can find some on J Crew's website. I believe there's a few of models in suits with them on.
I personally think DB's are very versatile.  I've worn them with jeans, chinos, and slacks.  Never rolled up though.

Just saw this pic on how online stores deceptively trick people into thinking their clothes are well fitting. This pic is from J Crew.
jcrownedpd0.jpg

^
laugh.gif
Reminds me of the mannequins in stores with the excess material pinned back.

Back
Top Bottom