Dressing better

What do you all think of this joint?

Retail is apparently $800, but selling for $100.

41PQxOJgTEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Swi...EIB5I/ref=pd_sbs_watch_3

^ its looks alright I guess but I dont think I could buy a watch just to buy a watch. For example I would get something by a reputable brand that I know would last me for some amount of time. You dont have to go out and spend 1K but you can find plenty of solid watches by great brands like Tissot for under $500.

An the retail on those watches are marked up so high so when they sell them for 100/'onsale' you think your getting a steal when in reality that's probably the appropriate retail price.

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

^ its looks alright I guess but I dont think I could buy a watch just to buy a watch. For example I would get something by a reputable brand that I know would last me for some amount of time. You dont have to go out and spend 1K but you can find plenty of solid watches by great brands like Tissot for under $500.

An the retail on those watches are marked up so high so when they sell them for 100/'onsale' you think your getting a steal when in reality that's probably the appropriate retail price.
Yeah, that was really my question. Is this a reputable or at least decent brand, or a ripoff? I like the look of the watch itself, and they had it listed on Gilt if that means anything.
grin.gif

Ksteezy I went to dudes site awesome wedding bro and once everyone see like the whole wedding bridesmaids and grooms men everything flows perfectly cl's socks everything

It's been a hot minute since I posted in here. Anyway, last year, me & the fellas started talking about planning a trip to Vegas when I turned 21. The b-day has passed, so the planning has commenced. I thought we'd be able to go this year, but having broke friends puts things on hold a little longer than I thought. No worries though, we have set a plan for Halloween 2011, giving everyone a chance to save money and such.

In this year & change, I will build my Vegas wardrobe.
laugh.gif
, I know its a long time so I'll be getting things done right. Since it will be for Halloween, the Vegas temperatures allow for me to wear some nice suits & cool weather apparel. We'll probably be there for 5-6 days, so I'm looking to build 10 separate outfits for daytime events & club/evening/"fancy" dinner attire. As of now, I'm just roaming the forums, here & SF, and saving pics of outfits I like. I'll probably post those pics or pics of what I buy & put together.

Nii, I see you're using the S90. Easy to use? I'm thinking of getting that to use for now & the trip.

Anyone know what the "fashion scene" is like in Vegas? It's a place to dress up for the occasion, right?

What's a good website to buy 'Dressing Better' Mens' BASICS?

Nice slacks, khakis, shirts, etc.

I want to buy a couple of things for my baby but I'm a girl so I don't really know lol.

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Originally Posted by rhester

Ye' with the clean suit....

avk36a.jpg
pimp.gif

and can we please stop quoting dude's wedding pics? Goodness. It's getting frustrating to scroll down.

dudes are living the good life....one can only wish....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CheGTR

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Ksteezy, i woulda exchanged that Kors joint for this one.... (but thats because im a jerk like that, i dont blame you for not...)

This ones nicer looking in my opinion.

eek.gif
...206 been lurkin here?! %#+$, i gotta step my game up!
And i agree with the watches. however, the 1st MK one is perfectly fine too, especially at that price. I'm browsing the Swiss Legend watches on Gilt right now...resisting the urge as i got rent to pay in a few days. DAMN!
Lol, i stay lurkin this thread.
I find it interesting and valuable as far as learning some basic tips to step my wardrobe game up. That being said, i dont post much because i still rock baggy camo shorts, white/black Ts and Air maxes almost all the time (and the folks in this thread obviously wouldnt agree with that. To each their own). But when it comes time to dress nicer for a dinner/event etc, this thread has helped me out. 

To contribute though, heres a dope Brixton jacket (called the "Debaser Jacket") i scooped a couple weeks back on 6pm. (its a bit more olive in person, which i really like)

1000101-p-2x.jpg

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'll never understand the high-water look with slacks....I love style, but that doesn't look right.

Is this based off the Kanye pic? Or the Thom Browne conversation a few pages back?

I'll never understand the high-water look with slacks....I love style, but that doesn't look right.

I think it looks nice, i personally dont think i can pull off that look, but props to those who can.
pimp.gif

I had a photography gig today at a catholic school, good opportunity to pull a fit together out of my %%% since i havent gone shopping in a while, luckily thanks to my wedding i have a pair of good shoes 
happy.gif

btw if any of you are fans of EXPRESS please dont go without picking up this flat buckle reversible joint, highly recommended, although EXPRESS quality in belt sucks...but they look 
pimp.gif

excuse the black socks, need to go shopping for socks
grin.gif

4841729150_17395db7c4_b.jpg

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PS. GREY + BROWN >>>>>>[/font]

Originally Posted by RFX45

Is this based off the Kanye pic? Or the Thom Browne conversation a few pages back?
I think hes referring to the way the mannequins are dressed up on the page before this.

Like I said before, black suits are fine with celebs and those in the fashion industry.
Plus Kanye was visiting Twitter along with a performance so it is acceptable.

If he were going to do some office work, then yah he might get bashed here too.

im saying though a black suit with a white shirt and a skinny tie is really that tabooed when it comes to dressing formal?.....i think it looks very nice.

It's not taboo for dressing formal, it's a staple. But black suits are limited to that, formal events, and funerals.
Maybe working for the CIA, as a body guard or as a hitman. Working at funeral home is acceptable too.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

you guys arent going to roast kanye for wearing a black suit? i thought that was the norm in here.
laugh.gif

well, its hard to tell where he is going. if he is getting ready to go perform or to a formal awards show - then black is actually the way to go. if he is wearing outside of those activities, i think its not the right outfit to where. 

however, irrespective of what the event was - the fit on that suit is wack. shoulders are sloppy, buttoning point is too low ... just not digging the whole vibe.  

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

you guys arent going to roast kanye for wearing a black suit? i thought that was the norm in here.
laugh.gif

well, its hard to tell where he is going. if he is getting ready to go perform or to a formal awards show - then black is actually the way to go. if he is wearing outside of those activities, i think its not the right outfit to where. 

however, irrespective of what the event was - the fit on that suit is wack. shoulders are sloppy, buttoning point is too low ... just not digging the whole vibe.  

I be thinking i know what a good fit on a suit is, till you come through with your 2 cents, then i feel like 
grin.gif

I actually thought that suit looked fine, till i read what you wrote and i noticed the buttoning point then i was like 
nerd.gif

Nothing against Nii, but to be fair he is a bit too classic or traditional at times. I don't think the button is too low considering it's a one-button tux-like jacket, you can see by the straight shawl lapel style. Shoulders are fine. It's a fashion forward suit and it fits pretty well.

I"ll be attending a semi-formal event tomorrow..what would be the way to go this time?

Should I wear slacks, shirt, tie, dress shoes
Or
sweater, shirt, tie, and more casual shoes
Or
Any other combo?

Back
Top Bottom