Dressing better

The first varsity is the old one, it isn't available anymore.
The second one is their winter varsity, it is still available.
Quality is great for what you pay, $325 for those.
They will adjust to your measurements.
Here's how to order:

1) You figure out what you want from ToJ.
2) You email Charly at templeofjawnz@gmail.com saying you want to buy
3) He tells you what information he needs from you (measurements, etc.)
4) You give him the measurements.
5) You pay.

Any other questions, e-mail them. They usually replies pretty quick.

really wish we had a uniqlo around here.. could really use couple oxfords, chambrays, and ties

Originally Posted by 55steep

Any ideas on what I should do in regards to tailoring this blazer? I've never had anything tailored before, so I don't have a great eye on what to look for, I know the sleeves need to be shortened., but how much should they be shortened?

http://photobucket.com/

First off, thats a very well fitting jacket. shoulders and chest fit, so you are about 75-80% there. PersiaFly captured what you need to do for the sleeves pretty well.

With regards to the lapel roll, i think what Persiafly is saying is to try and get a nice roll. Typically buttoning the first of three buttons makes a jacket look stuffy. You want to only button the second button of all three buttons.

But more importantly, you want to have your lapel roll to the second button, and not the first button as it does now. To do that, you will need a hot iron and a press cloth (never apply the iron to a jacket by itself). Iron the lapel out from the back and then use your hand to fold it to the secone button. You may need to do this a few times to allow it to "form" It may or may not work depending on the canvassing in the chest, but that is the best option.

I'd be interested in seeing pictures after you get the sleeves and lapel roll worked on. It is indeed a nicely fitting versatile staple piece for a wardrobe. Who made it?

What shoes, or at least, what color shoes, do you guys think best complements a blue dress shirt and khaki pants? 

explosive day, closet just got upgraded
IMG_0051.jpg

I have a felling it will be like the free Maxims where you get the one that is a month old, like it were leftovers or something.
Hopefully, that isn't the case.

Looking to pick up some redwing boots for the winter.

I'm considering the classic boot, but the one with the black sole has a different structure more suited for better grip and stability. From a style perspective, I still like the original bottom outer sole. Opinions?

RED%20WING%2021.jpg
red%20wing%201.jpg

I think this version is by far the best and most versatile though. Not a fan of the yellow laces and tan top of the traditional ones.

new-dandyism-llbean-10-shearling.png

Has anyone try to order from Indochino lately? Is the priority option not there anymore? I e-mailed customer service, waiting on a response. Hopefully tomorrow I get an answer.

Originally Posted by TheAbove

Looking to pick up some redwing boots for the winter.

I'm considering the classic boot, but the one with the black sole has a different structure more suited for better grip and stability. From a style perspective, I still like the original bottom outer sole. Opinions?

RED%20WING%2021.jpg
red%20wing%201.jpg

seriously considering getting the pair on the right. Just not sure if they are worth their big %$$ price tag. Anyone have input? Are red wings generally warm enough for winters? Comfy?

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by 55steep

Any ideas on what I should do in regards to tailoring this blazer? I've never had anything tailored before, so I don't have a great eye on what to look for, I know the sleeves need to be shortened., but how much should they be shortened?

http://photobucket.com/

First off, thats a very well fitting jacket. shoulders and chest fit, so you are about 75-80% there. PersiaFly captured what you need to do for the sleeves pretty well.

With regards to the lapel roll, i think what Persiafly is saying is to try and get a nice roll. Typically buttoning the first of three buttons makes a jacket look stuffy. You want to only button the second button of all three buttons.

But more importantly, you want to have your lapel roll to the second button, and not the first button as it does now. To do that, you will need a hot iron and a press cloth (never apply the iron to a jacket by itself). Iron the lapel out from the back and then use your hand to fold it to the secone button. You may need to do this a few times to allow it to "form" It may or may not work depending on the canvassing in the chest, but that is the best option.

I'd be interested in seeing pictures after you get the sleeves and lapel roll worked on. It is indeed a nicely fitting versatile staple piece for a wardrobe. Who made it?
Thnaks for your help Nii and Persiafly. I don't know a ton about blazer/suit fittings, but it felt like it was pretty good in the shoulder/chest area. Nii would you suggest bringing in the sides like persiafly was saying or just leaving it as it is? I'll also try the lapel roll, when you say press cloth, what do you mean? I'm not really familiar with that term. The jacket is an olive herringbone wool by Dunderdon, I got it from a sample sale (seemed like a steal for 40 bucks) last weekend, so I'm not too sure if it's out yet.

I'm going to do some shopping for a tailor pretty quickly and after that I'll post some after pics.

55steep,

On second look, I'm not sure I would take in the sides at all. It might give it somewhat of a feminine look. There does seem to be a bit of extra space around the chest, but the waist of the jacket already has a nice slim shape, so it might be a risk to take it in further.

I'd be interested to hear what Nii thinks.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

55steep,

On second look, I'm not sure I would take in the sides at all. It might give it somewhat of a feminine look. There does seem to be a bit of extra space around the chest, but the waist of the jacket already has a nice slim shape, so it might be a risk to take it in further.

I'd be interested to hear what Nii thinks.
it could be taken it a bit ... but its so minor that i do not know if it is worth the investment. wear it a couple times and see how you feel about it. if it still feels baggy in the body and the quarters (space beneath the second and third buttons) dont open up, then i'd consider having your tailor take it in an inch or less on each side.

Back
Top Bottom