Dressing better

Originally Posted by Slim

how can i order a TOJ jacket?
Don't try Google... or any other search engine for that matter.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Originally Posted by Numberr97

what are some blogs/ websites you guys use for reference, etc?
here are some that I follow, just google the subscription's name

Fullscreen%20capture%2010242010%20112146%20AM.jpg
Good looks Nacho. Got a lot blogs to review in my spare time 
pimp.gif

what's the purpose of getting a crease pressed into your pants

is it so the leg openings don't flare out from the sides as much?

and which type of pants are suitable for a crease

Originally Posted by Viewtiful Mik3

what's the purpose of getting a crease pressed into your pants

is it so the leg openings don't flare out from the sides as much?

and which type of pants are suitable for a crease
It lends formality to pants. 

- Dress pants: always have a crease.

- Khakis: may or may not, depending on what you're wearing them with and how dressy they are. If you're wearing dressier khaki pants with a shirt and/or tie, they should probably have a crease. If they're J. Crew type chinos that you'll be wearing casually, no crease.

- Jeans: no crease. 

I need to upgrade my wardrobe after seeing this inspiration - 
josep6.jpeg

kanye-runaway-band-of-outsiders-jacket-1.jpg

I know Ye's dinner jacket probably cost as much as 1 semester at a university or some @!%%, but I really need a nicer selection of jackets and a good trench 
sick.gif
smokin.gif

Yeah I think I'm about to grab the brown leather ones.
What I really need are some slim black boots though. Suggestions?

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Alright my Indochino suit just came in, not sure how I'm feeling about it. Alterations most certainly need to be made, but not sure if I want to waste my time with it if it'll make a big enough difference for me to enjoy it.

Pics I know aren't great =/  Suit seems to make me look 25 pounds heavier in the pics
eyes.gif

Shirt is from them as well, fits pretty good, although it balloons just a little bit. Just not feeling the white collar to much with the suit.

Sleeves on the suit need to be shorten, shows no cuff when arms are laying flat on the side. Sides need to be taken in, looks too boxy. Pants have to be hemmed. Shoulders seem a tad bit to wide, really not sure.

Would love your opinions if I should bother going through the alterations if you think it would help or not? Last pics are with a different shirt and a quick tie. ( I enjoy this shirt a lot more with this suit compared to the one from them)

that is actually one of the better fitting IndoChino suits i have seen ... so not saying much for their workmanship. It fits pretty well in the shoulders and chest. Those are the two big problem areas for most suits. As long as those fit decently, the rest can be worked around. The suit is definitely not great, but it is faar from terrible - a very servicable suit which would fit well with a little more work.

In your case you need some serious waist suppression/shaping in the waist. Also the sleeves need to be shortened, and the pants hemmed. These are all things a competent alterations tailor can do. It would be great to see after shots.

Darker gray ON peacoat for $22 FTW!
Now on the hunt for the lighter gray one. Wish they had a blue one, too, but ...

I know how people feel about chukkas in the summer but Houston stays in mild temp so I picked up these chukkas and a nice brown watch by unlisted(side brand by kenneth cole) pretty cheap watch but looks cool IMO for the price and comes with 2 year warranty if its cheap

sorry for the quick cell phone pic

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

I do agree that everyone is dressing the same though. It might be dressing better, but not a lot of people have their own styles and essence that comes with it. Just following another trend. She's still a trick though.

See, this is why I take general tips & rules of thumb from this thread, along with current trends and apply my own personal "wave" if u will.
it's because people have the habit of what i call "dressing like a catalogue".  everything might be well put together, but it can also look generic.  that's why it's good to put your own touch to what you wear.  wearing something that people wouldn't normally put together but it shows your personal steelo.  i've seen fits in this thread where people will tell them to change it so it looks more like something everyone else would wear and gets rid of the individuality.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Alright my Indochino suit just came in, not sure how I'm feeling about it. Alterations most certainly need to be made, but not sure if I want to waste my time with it if it'll make a big enough difference for me to enjoy it.

Pics I know aren't great =/  Suit seems to make me look 25 pounds heavier in the pics
eyes.gif

Shirt is from them as well, fits pretty good, although it balloons just a little bit. Just not feeling the white collar to much with the suit.

Sleeves on the suit need to be shorten, shows no cuff when arms are laying flat on the side. Sides need to be taken in, looks too boxy. Pants have to be hemmed. Shoulders seem a tad bit to wide, really not sure.

Would love your opinions if I should bother going through the alterations if you think it would help or not? Last pics are with a different shirt and a quick tie. ( I enjoy this shirt a lot more with this suit compared to the one from them)

that is actually one of the better fitting IndoChino suits i have seen ... so not saying much for their workmanship. It fits pretty well in the shoulders and chest. Those are the two big problem areas for most suits. As long as those fit decently, the rest can be worked around. The suit is definitely not great, but it is faar from terrible - a very servicable suit which would fit well with a little more work.

In your case you need some serious waist suppression/shaping in the waist. Also the sleeves need to be shortened, and the pants hemmed. These are all things a competent alterations tailor can do. It would be great to see after shots.

Actually some things arent there fault I have seen some great looking Indochino suits but its up to the buyer because they send you the measuring kit all they do is make your suit based off of your own measurements....
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Thinking of getting the 514's to see what the fuzz is about.  Don't have time to hit up Macy's for a physical try on.  If they don't fit, I will return.

I usually wear 559's, I have to taper them to get the right fit.

I use to wear 559's back in the day.  Then I made the switch to 514's.

The other day I picked up a pair of 505's for a more relaxed fit than the 514's.  They're both
smokin.gif
 though.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Thanks guys!

and 10piece that was indeed you,lol.
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Well what you think of the pic I posted? Sorta answered your question or is pic quality that bad. 
laugh.gif
tbh I think I'm going to sell my pair of Sand. I have the Oakwood and I liked on how it turned out after 20 wears. The Sand however looks "dirty" since it's a lighter coloured suede and having that "rugged,worn" look would depend on which thing it touched on (grease, water, mud)...I don't think I can handle that look.

I'll hunt for a Grey pair. I was dumb to pass on one from EBAY
frown.gif
there's another one but the seller's shipping fees to Canada is unreasonable.

Originally Posted by JRHodges11

Originally Posted by niidawg3

eyes.gif

Actually some things arent there fault I have seen some great looking Indochino suits but its up to the buyer because they send you the measuring kit all they do is make your suit based off of your own measurements....
ohwell.gif

I'm still debating on what to do.  Most likely will bring it Saturday to my tailor and see what he suggests (although i wanted to find a new tailor, but a suit I really don't want to go to someone I never been to)  I have until Monday to ship it back for a full refund.

From this first suit, they still tweak their measurements compared to what you give them.  For instance, I took about half an inch off in my waist measurement, and I still need to take about a full inch out of this waist.  The leg is over an inch longer compared to my measurement.  Although these are easily adjusted.  My main concern is def the waist area.

Here's a look at   Brunello Cucinelli's F/W 2010 collection 
now Brunello Cucinelli is a tad expensive but these looks can definitely be recreated for a fraction of the price

Picture+10.png

Picture+11.png

Picture+12.png
Picture+13.png

Picture+14.png

Picture+17.png

Picture+18.png

via. Satoriallyinclined.blogspot.com

Originally Posted by domc03

now Brunello Cucinelli is a tad expensive
A 'tad expensive' is a drastic understatement.  Fraction of the price is true as you can get all of these looks at J.Crew, RL, LEC, etc.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Really liking these, from LL Bean Signature

68g3mw.jpg

28v9idg.jpg
I might have to scoop both pairs up, they look nice.

Can anyone recommend a nice black leather belt?  Not a fan of reversible belts.  Regular and Wide, looking for one of each.

Back
Top Bottom