Dressing better

I would focus more on the material rather then the thickness if you are looking for a sweater to keep you warm, for me good quality lambswool is the best bang for the buck. Cashmere is always great if you find any good deals. I would do like RFX said and spend a little more and get something you can wear for a long time.

amongst1.jpg

Anyone got any info on these boots? They're made by "Amongst Friends". I really like em, look nice and rugged, and I believe they have thinsulate lining, which would make them pretty good for those cold winter days. Really interested in picking them up, but I want to know if anybody has any experience with them or w/e.

Buy a $50 Nordstrom Rack Coupon for $25 gift certificate from Groupon!!!

http://www.groupon.com/r/uu11718531

grin.gif

then go to

http://www.groupon.com/tampa-bay-area/ or http://www.groupon.com/miami/ and buy the coupon.  You can redeem the coupon at any Nordstrom Rack location.

Basically, you get a $50 coupon for $25. You have to spend $50 which is pretty easy to do that Nordstrom Rack!

I found me a pair of these florsheim saddles last week for $55 bucks. if only I had waited...

http://www.endless.com/Fl...e&sort=relevancerank

Originally Posted by RFX45

If the A&F sweater is still not affordable enough even after an employee discount, then your choices will be very limited especially if you want good quality material. You try H&M but after a wash, it might shrink be itchy as hell. Sweater is like one of those article of clothing that you may not want go too cheap on, kind of like leather jackets or leather shoes. I am not saying spend a bunch but spend a reasonable amount. I checked out A&F and their one heavy sweater retailed for $170, with a good discount it would cost about $100? I find that price more than reasonable for a sweater, not for an A&F sweater but for a heavy sweater, i'd put my budget on around $200-$250 because you tend to only need one of those and it can last a while if taken care of. That is just me though, I haven't ran to many heavy sweater that felt good and made well that cost less than $100-$150.

Actually, I found some at BrooksBrothers @ a Buffalo,NY outlet. I'm kicking myself for not getting them. They were $80 and the last size M which would've fit me perfectly
frown.gif
. I believe BananaRepublic had one too but it was all wool and I know I'd be itching like crazy in them.

I was looking at this AnF sweater: http://www.abercrombie.ca...=-1&categoryId=12206

It's so damn perfect because there's no logo and what not, but I don't know if I could justify paying $110 after disc. She says she can look out for a sale but they cannot apply their emp. disc. if the item is already on sale ( I know, I thought about that already
laugh.gif
)

nerd.gif
I'll be hunting more.

I would focus more on the material rather then the thickness if you are looking for a sweater to keep you warm

laugh.gif
you just basically repeated what I had just said initially, but thanks for your .02

Originally Posted by Lorizzle

Anyone got any info on these boots? They're made by "Amongst Friends". I really like em, look nice and rugged, and I believe they have thinsulate lining, which would make them pretty good for those cold winter days. Really interested in picking them up, but I want to know if anybody has any experience with them or w/e.

wgxbn4.jpg

We just got them in the shop last week (on the left) and they're actually a bit darker than than the original photo above. Amongst Friends first crack at the footwear market isn't bad. I haven't tried them on but I do know they're extremely light weight. I'll try them on tomorrow and let you know.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

What is your guys take on Johnston & Murphy?

Thinking on jumping on a couple of their shoes.

i have a pair of oxfords.  good quality for the price.

landends vest came in today Medium, I feel it's a little big and puffy, so I will order a Small.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

I would focus more on the material rather then the thickness if you are
looking for a sweater to keep you warm

laugh.gif
you just basically repeated what I had just said initially, but thanks for your .02

laugh.gif
true but you said that your looking for a thick sweater and the point I was trying to make was that a thin sweater with the right material will be sufficient.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Originally Posted by Lorizzle

wgxbn4.jpg

We just got them in the shop last week (on the left) and they're actually a bit darker than than the original photo above. Amongst Friends first crack at the footwear market isn't bad. I haven't tried them on but I do know they're extremely light weight. I'll try them on tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks TY, would really appreciate it if you could give me some feedback on em. want to get my winter footwear asap!

Played around with patterns/textures/photobucket quite a bit this week

This ...

Became This ...

A boring Thursday with meetings:

This:

Became This:

And That:

Stopped by Sid Mashburn with a buddy who was in town ... great place to shop for menswear in the A:

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Pull that LE vest off well

Yeah - someone bought that and some suede shoes (forget the poster) asked how to wear it - so i figured i'd rock it today since it was a little cold and throw some ideas out there.

Would have done a much darker pant with the tartan vest, but the first outfit with the knit vest/blazer combo is money.
pimp.gif

Good stuff as always Nil.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Originally Posted by sensation87

Any suggestions for boots similar to Yuketen Maine Guide Boots that doesn't cost $500+?
yuketen-maine-guide-boots.jpg
These don't look EXACTLY like that but they're pretty close..They're called Timberland Abington Guide Boots...I own a pair and the quality is excellent and they are warm yet light weight at the same time..I suggest you look into them if you want a boot in this style.
Not to mention they're only 180
pimp.gif

timberland-abington-fall-2009-2.jpg
Good looking out! I'll look into those timbs. Maybe I can get wifey to get me those Yuketens for Xmas
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Stack Bundless

I would focus more on the material rather then the thickness if you are
looking for a sweater to keep you warm

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
true but you said that your looking for a thick sweater and the point I was trying to make was that a thin sweater with the right material will be sufficient.
No, I live in Toronto
laugh.gif
which is a bigger joke for thin sweaters.

ooIRON MANoo wrote:

I was salivating while trying to browse around their outlet store last Wednesday
eek.gif
Oxfords for $99 and some nice chukka for under $100 as well.

ooIRON MANoo wrote:

I was salivating while trying to browse around their outlet store last Wednesday
eek.gif
Oxfords for $99 and some nice chukka for under $100 as well.

J&M's used to be the great American shoe. Unfortunately they have really gone down in quality. You can still find some really good made in italy ones, but those would be on eBay etc. The ones in the shops these days are no competition to English or Italian made shoes - if you want a REALLY good pair of dress shoes.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I don't have a pair, but I've never been very impressed with the quality when I've looked at them...

Originally Posted by Superpusha

Same as the ones a few posts above you Helen

Oh really cause the sole looks different...stitching looks different...7 vs 9 holes, toe box totally diff...looks like a diff boot to me, and im Helen Keller smh.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by hadegbite

Originally Posted by Superpusha

Same as the ones a few posts above you Helen

Oh really cause the sole looks different...stitching looks different...7 vs 9 holes, toe box totally diff...looks like a diff boot to me, and im Helen Keller smh.
roll.gif
They're the same shoe
indifferent.gif
They both have the same number of lace holes and the laces are just wrapped around the top of the shoe in the first pic..And lace holes never mean anything because a lot of brands increase the number of lace holes on a boot depending on the size

Back
Top Bottom