Dressing better

Originally Posted by RFX45

Lands End Canvas has 40% off sale items with code CANVASFS50 and PIN 3311. That code is supposed to have free shipping as well.

If it doesn't work, they have one listed on their site for just the 40% off: CANVAS40 and PIN 1234

If some of those shirts fit, they come to around $10 each after the discount, like the garments dyed oxford.

how do lands ends shirts fit? are they slim/modern?

tumblr_lfjkqpajQ01qzrblzo1_500.jpg

Yeah, im going to need some info on these boots.

Originally Posted by CJ003

Lands End Canvas has 40% off sale items with code CANVASFS50 and PIN 3311. That code is supposed to have free shipping as well.

If it doesn't work, they have one listed on their site for just the 40% off: CANVAS40 and PIN 1234

If some of those shirts fit, they come to around $10 each after the discount, like the garments dyed oxford.

how do lands ends shirts fit? are they slim/modern?
I dont know but. Picked up a Garment Dyed Oxford, Heritage Check Poplin Shirt and a Grey Pair of Cords $38.19
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Thanx RFX45

Some people wear their ties more than once a day and with that comes wear and tear so quality does matter. Quality also comes to play in how it looks, some fall differently than others. Like a tie from target can look stiff at times while a nice silk tie moves well but still structured. And sometimes, you can just tell how bad the quality is when looking at it, some can look very cheap. It's hard to describe but I have seen ties that looks like they were bought from the .99 cent store.

any tips for decent quality ties for a reasonable price? Are the $10 kenneth colr/nautica/hilfiger ties at marshalls bad quality or somewhere in the middle?

Originally Posted by dukeben18

Some people wear their ties more than once a day and with that comes wear and tear so quality does matter. Quality also comes to play in how it looks, some fall differently than others. Like a tie from target can look stiff at times while a nice silk tie moves well but still structured. And sometimes, you can just tell how bad the quality is when looking at it, some can look very cheap. It's hard to describe but I have seen ties that looks like they were bought from the .99 cent store.

any tips for decent quality ties for a reasonable price? Are the $10 kenneth colr/nautica/hilfiger ties at marshalls bad quality or somewhere in the middle?

I am not good in suggesting ties since I am more than happy with my designers ones, I just prefer their style and quality is pretty up there. 
The KC and CK at Marshalls/TJMaxx/Ross are ok for $10, especially if it is something you'll wear once in a while. 

Most of them tend to be wide though, too wide for my taste but that is up to you. 

Originally Posted by peep tha sneaKs

anyone own the nordstrom brand 1901 shoes? i just bought a pair of 1901 oxfords for $49. how are they?

I have a pair, only got a chance to wear them once. Kinda narrow but once you get them on they feel better they are extremely comfortable.
how did you get them for 49?

its on sale on their website. I really wanted the Clark's desert boots ever since I tried them, but the 1901s were on sale. Maybe i'll pick up the Clark's later on.

Nordstrom 1901 shoes are pretty damn comfortable, the cushion they use are like clouds on my feet. I won two, sand and navy suede, they're ok for the price, even better on sale.

They do have a 7 eyelet version (the color on the farthest right), just not in that green color.
9kv5mr.jpg

This is the green BoO x Sperry from a few seasons ago, not 7 eyelet though.
band-of-outsider-sperry-2009-fall-winter-footwear-1.jpg

Originally Posted by dukeben18

I am not good in suggesting ties since I am more than happy with my designers ones, I just prefer their style and quality is pretty up there. 
The KC and CK at Marshalls/TJMaxx/Ross are ok for $10, especially if it is something you'll wear once in a while. 

Most of them tend to be wide though, too wide for my taste but that is up to you. 
RFX- I don't like wide ties either. Most of the ties at the discout stores are the normal 3 - 3.5 inches and they even have some slim ties there about 2.5inches in width. I avoid the shiney ones because they look like crap but I can't tell the difference between the non shiney ones and some of the very expensive designer ones.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Debut the Wool/Cashmere Polo suit today, warm as a snuggie during the 10 degree day
suitpolocashmere%20%2828%20of%2033%29.jpg
suitpolocashmere%20%284%20of%2033%29.jpg
10 degree day? Damn, it's like summer out here in L.A.

Then again, it's like this pretty much year round!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

tumblr_lfjkqpajQ01qzrblzo1_500.jpg

Yeah, im going to need some info on these boots.

there was a similar pair a few months ago at Nordstrom Racks in various areas...if you have one nearby, you may want to check it out

Originally Posted by tony23retro

Debut the Wool/Cashmere Polo suit today, warm as a snuggie during the 10 degree day
10 degree day? Damn, it's like summer out here in L.A.

Then again, it's like this pretty much year round!
pimp.gif
makes a summer in NYC all the more memorable

suitpolocashmere%20%2828%20of%2033%29.jpg
suitpolocashmere%20%284%20of%2033%29.jpg

This is why i love Polo Made in Italy (Corneliani and Caruso) ... best bang for the buck .... soft shoulders, high armholes, great swooping lapels and nice range of fabrics. I'd hem those pants a touch to give a cleaner trouser line.

Nice look Nacho!!

Hey Nacho, what's that tie knot you're wearing?  I've seen it some other places, but I'm not sure if it's just a different way to finish a four-in-hand or something different; I like that you can sort of see the layers of the tie in the knot... if that makes sense. 

Back
Top Bottom