Dressing better

Any suggestions for a dressy black shoe? All I really have are wallabees and I need something more formal. I don't like shoes without laces and want something similar to this 
27yuxl0.jpg

What I don't like is the heel of the shoe. I was looking for something more flat. Any help would be appreciated.

I thought Zara launched an online store? How come I can't order?

Do I have to do the Uniqlo thing and call it in?

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

Any suggestions for a dressy black shoe? All I really have are wallabees and I need something more formal. I don't like shoes without laces and want something similar to this 
27yuxl0.jpg

What I don't like is the heel of the shoe. I was looking for something more flat. Any help would be appreciated.
Those look like borderline orthopedic shoes.  Are you tall or short, slim or heavy?  Price range?
Originally Posted by TheGrimm

I thought Zara launched an online store? How come I can't order?

Do I have to do the Uniqlo thing and call it in?
I don't know about now but I believe initially the online stores was only overseas.  !%!%, they didn't even have any sort of detailed catalog up a while ago, it's nice to at least get an idea of what their product line is now aside from just a small sampling of the season's collection.
I haven't been there in a couple weeks but they had some really good deals going on, maybe trying calling one of the stores to inquire?

Originally Posted by ksteezy

picked up these desert boots from Jcrew, thoughts?....don't mind the messy pants, didn't bother to fix them when i took the pic...wore this to go shoot a wedding today btw.

Jcrew

5380180774_21cffcc401_b.jpg

Feeling the boots man
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

27yuxl0.jpg

Those look like borderline orthopedic shoes.  Are you tall or short, slim or heavy?  Price range?

Hahaha. I just quickly looked through the Clarks online store to give an idea. I'm scrawny and short (5'8"). Looking to spend in the $100 range

Lands End Canvas has 40% off sale items with code CANVASFS50 and PIN 3311. That code is supposed to have free shipping as well.

If it doesn't work, they have one listed on their site for just the 40% off: CANVAS40 and PIN 1234

If some of those shirts fit, they come to around $10 each after the discount, like the garments dyed oxford.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Lands End Canvas has 40% off sale items with code CANVASFS50 and PIN 3311. That code is supposed to have free shipping as well.

If it doesn't work, they have one listed on their site for just the 40% off: CANVAS40 and PIN 1234

If some of those shirts fit, they come to around $10 each after the discount, like the garments dyed oxford.

Anything worth copping?

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

Originally Posted by RFX45

Anything worth copping?
There are a few, those overdyed shirts if theyf it you. Heather cardigan for $20. Cable shawl sweater for $35, 2-toned shawl sweater for $33, there are a few different variations of sweaters and cardigans for the same price range. Keep in mind the prices I posted are before the 40% off discount so a $35 sweater becomes $21, shipped. 
Harrington jacket for $42 after the discount is a good deal, $18 jean jacket is a good deal too if it's the right fit for you.

Question regarding ties:

I see some of the ties on Style Forum are at least $100 and I know Nii preaches buying quality over quantity but I can't justify that much for ties that are rotated and not worn that often. How much worse are the ties from tiebar.com (or any other cheaper suggestions?) v. the $100 designer ties. I understand having quality in dress shirts and suits because they get more wear but can't fathom to pay that much for a tie.

Some people wear their ties more than once a day and with that comes wear and tear so quality does matter. Quality also comes to play in how it looks, some fall differently than others. Like a tie from target can look stiff at times while a nice silk tie moves well but still structured. And sometimes, you can just tell how bad the quality is when looking at it, some can look very cheap. It's hard to describe but I have seen ties that looks like they were bought from the .99 cent store.

Back
Top Bottom